Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningmax View Post
    Uh yeah. They are a business so they are keeping meticulous records. Copyright law being what it is, they are checking their list and checking it twice, finding out who's naughty and nice.

A company doing a contest like this is opening themselves to any number of lawsuits, so they are carefully reviewing everything.
    Alright, now I see where you're coming from. It didn't even occur to me that somebody might lie and claim to be a returning contestant to gain that very small edge. That said, I'm still putting a note on my submission agreement. At the very least my note can be considered a small gesture to the script readers about lessening their workload by 10 seconds.
    Last edited by KY Matty; 12-15-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Transcend

Reading this thread makes me worried about my submission which I have been working on. I asked on this forum before i even committed to this contest. I am a "NEW" contestant that wishes to participate and I would like a fair chance to win. Before I proceed and over work myself, will my submission be considered? Here is a taste of my work, a wip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by givesight; 12-16-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Do the cyborgs eat? Is that something that's open to interpretation?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mackie Magpie View Post
    Do the cyborgs eat? Is that something that's open to interpretation?
    All living entities must take in nutrients for growth, and healing... but I believe they had banquets... I don't have my comic books at work.

WriterFabian

Hello guys,

Quick question, is there a confirmation e-mail for pre-Jan15th entries?

Thanks in advance,

Fabian

All-New Member

Welp, the Millarworld contest winners are posted, and I was not one of them. Now I can make a final pass on my script submission and get the documents signed and scanned to send back in!

All-New Member

Hi!

I have a script I've been working on since August that occurs between issue 2 and 3 of IXth Generation that concerns a tragic love story between two XVs. Is that acceptable? Or do I need align my tale with the most recent issue of IXGeneration? I would imagine not, because it would be difficult as a writer, and of course reader, to try to predict where Matt was going with his story arc and then adjust my story accordingly.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KY Matty View Post
    Alright, now I see where you're coming from. It didn't even occur to me that somebody might lie and claim to be a returning contestant to gain that very small edge. That said, I'm still putting a note on my submission agreement. At the very least my note can be considered a small gesture to the script readers about lessening their workload by 10 seconds.
    Hmm... half of the winners will be returning contestants and half of the winners will be new ones (theoretically).
    The right question to ask is how many returning contestants will make the total tally? If the percentage is less than 50% then there is a slight edge. However, if the returning contestants concoct 75% of the entries, newbies have a better shot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddamaged View Post
    Hi!

I have a script I've been working on since August that occurs between issue 2 and 3 of IXth Generation that concerns a tragic love story between two XVs. Is that acceptable? Or do I need align my tale with the most recent issue of IXGeneration? I would imagine not, because it would be difficult as a writer, and of course reader, to try to predict where Matt was going with his story arc and then adjust my story accordingly.
    The contest rules stipulate that the story must be set in the timeline established in Cyberforce Rebirth, Aphrodite IX Rebirth and IXth Generation. So anywhere within that timeline works. My script is set within in the pages of one issue. Try not to affect possible future continuity or contradict established continuity and you should be golden. We're basically filling gaps within the narrative.

All-New Member

See, therein lies the problem I'm clairvoyant I don't what Matt Hawkins has planned for future story arcs. So, when I plotted my script only issue 4 was published. I didn't what where Matt was going with the series then. So, I need to put a stake in the dirt and say OK this is my story.

All-New Member

Default Names of XVs

We've seen the Aphrodite's XVs have names, but do the other XVs have names or, because they are androids with human consciousnesses, do they merely have alpha-numeric designations, for example, 2A4B?

All-New Member

Default quick question

@topryan Hey guys i just had one quick question about the timeline setting for this contest. " This round your submission must be set in the futuristic timeline/world established in Aphrodite IX, Cyber Force and IXth Generation and can feature any character included in any of those three titles in any time from present day to 2827 AD timeline of IXth Generation. If your Story conflicts with published continuity it will be automatically rejected." by present do they mean issue#1 of cyber force: rebirth(the 2012 reboot) or what would be considered the present?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddamaged View Post
    We've seen the Aphrodite's XVs have names, but do the other XVs have names or, because they are androids with human consciousnesses, do they merely have alpha-numeric designations, for example, 2A4B?
    It has not been clearly defined. Seems as if that is up to the individual IXs. Maybe Apollo named some as an experiment?

All-New Member

Hey Ryan

Sorry to be asking what is potentially a stupid question, but just to clarify, Can you submit multiple script entries or is it just one submission per person? Its not mentioned in the rules that I can see. Thanks

All-New Member

Does anyone know Stryker's last military rank in current canon? A Google search resulted in references to colonel, major, and captain. And, as I understand it, he's always been US Army, but is there anything that contradicts him being a Ranger?