Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

What books are recommended for reference materials?
    I'm unable to open some of the download files with the scripts, tried on more than 1 computer.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by aniela13 View Post
    I'm unable to open some of the download files with the scripts, tried on more than 1 computer.
    Which files aren't working for you, aniela?

Maybe we can help. The artists will be drawing from the scripts for ATHENA IX #1, APOLLO IX #1, ARTEMIS IX #1, or POSEIDON IX #1.

Question for Ryan,
    I wish to write a one shot story with one of the IXs much like the one shots you guys already published. Something self contained that takes place in their own domain/kingdom. Is this not recommended because Top Cow will publish ones shots for all of the IXs?
    Thanks you.

All-New Member

What e-mail do we send our submission to?

Custom User Title

Quote Originally Posted by aniela13 View Post
    IXth GENERATION vol. 1 Collects IXth GENERATION #1-4 & IXth GENERATION: HIDDEN FILES #1 featuring a few of the central characters featured in the scripts and some examples of the architecture of some of the cities. And Aphrodite IX: Rebirth Councilwoman Ariana who used a full body prosthesis for bipedal transportation and another for use in council chambers (can also fly).

There were two sets of scripts, the set in the main folder can be opened on a Windows PC with Microsoft Office Word, but if you don't have that you can also use Google Drive (available with a Google account), Open Office (you'll need to download and install) and Microsoft Word Viewer 2007 (which you'll also need to download and install). The MacOSX subfolder, I would assume is for Apple PCs and/or other devices that I don't have.
    Last edited by Mathew; 10-08-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    What e-mail do we send our submission to?
    I don't say this to be a dick.

PLEASE do not clog this thread up with questions unless you have fully read the rules and regulations. That's not a hard question to find the answer to.

submissions@topcow.com

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cow Ryan View Post
    I don't say this to be a dick.

PLEASE do not clog this thread up with questions unless you have fully read the rules and regulations. That's not a hard question to find the answer to.

submissions@topcow.com
    I guess it was a hard enough question for me to find or I wouldn't have asked after reading the "rules and regulations " I think my question was answered adequately enough.
    Last edited by Art; 10-04-2015 at 12:42 PM.

All-New Member

Hello all. A friend of mine mentioned this contest and I decided to give it a while on top of all the other projects on my plate. So I'm coming into the comic world as a novelist. I have little experience in comic book writing, scriptwriting intimidates me, and barely have any knowledge of the required IPs besides Witchblade #1 - 20 (I know already). As a novice scriptwriter, are there any recommended videos of comic book script writing or websites that have a good detail of the IPs? I'll get the comic books for reference, just need a hint to start with.

All-New Member

Do any of you handsome/beautiful and eminently talented writers and artists know which Artifacts are spoken for in IXth Generation so far?

I've seen the Witchblade, Coin of Solomon, Blood Sword, and Darkness either with hosts or marauding about, but do we know anything about the others beyond the fact that the Heart Stone, Glacier Stone, Spear of Destiny, and Pandora's Box were all kinda chillin' in Sanctuary?

Dymitrix

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    I guess it was a hard enough question for me to find or I wouldn't have asked after reading the "rules and regulations " I think my question was answered adequately enough.
    I'm sorry... I usually don't make comments, but I have to agree with Ryan on this one. I have participated in this contest every year and not once did I find the "rules and regulations" unclear on submission directions. I mean this is the fourth year of the contest, wouldn't you think something as important as where to send submissions would be in the documentation? I would have looked a little harder before asking. Again, I apologize for adding to this clutter, but I felt I had speak my mind on this one. FYI... The info was on page 6 from the TC_TalentHunt_2015-2016.pdf.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guyyoudontknow View Post
    Do any of you handsome/beautiful and eminently talented writers and artists know which Artifacts are spoken for in IXth Generation so far?

I've seen the Witchblade, Coin of Solomon, Blood Sword, and Darkness either with hosts or marauding about, but do we know anything about the others beyond the fact that the Heart Stone, Glacier Stone, Spear of Destiny, and Pandora's Box were all kinda chillin' in Sanctuary?
    *thinks about future plans for IXth Generation*

I think you're safe on those four.

All-New Member

Thanks, Ryan!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoIzambard View Post
    Question for Ryan,
    I wish to write a one shot story with one of the IXs much like the one shots you guys already published. Something self contained that takes place in their own domain/kingdom. Is this not recommended because Top Cow will publish ones shots for all of the IXs?
    Thanks you.
    HI Ryan,
    Was my question inappropriate?

Hi guys and gals.

I was wondering about the XVs today. Do they have a modicum of free will, or are they pretty much programmed to follow commands from the IXth?

Also, would you say it would be better to write a story that can be overlooked in the big picture, or should I not fret about adding to the IXth Generation/Aphrodite lore?

Last year, I wrote a story that took place between the end of Aphrodite IX and the beginning of IXth Generation. I specifically wrote it to not have any lasting affect and basically just did my best to put the personalities of the IXth at the forefront. I did tie in a little bit of stuff with Marcus into it though.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mackie Magpie View Post
    Hi guys and gals.

I was wondering about the XVs today. Do they have a modicum of free will, or are they pretty much programmed to follow commands from the IXth?

Also, would you say it would be better to write a story that can be overlooked in the big picture, or should I not fret about adding to the IXth Generation/Aphrodite lore?

Last year, I wrote a story that took place between the end of Aphrodite IX and the beginning of IXth Generation. I specifically wrote it to not have any lasting affect and basically just did my best to put the personalities of the IXth at the forefront. I did tie in a little bit of stuff with Marcus into it though.
    According to all the one shots and IXth Generation Books -- XVs appear to be modified clones with owner specific details. Aphrodite's XVs are independent with unique personalities. Hade's XVs have similar personalities, but no individual will -- suicide bomber chicks (some aware and willing, some not). Artemis and Apollo had no XV interaction. Athena's XVs wearing emotion blockers until the end of the story. Poseidon's XVs no clear differences shown -- but have a Merman mode.
    Last edited by Lightningmax; 10-08-2015 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Terminology