Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkon Blackblade View Post
    Ok, so I'm sure it's been asked and answered but I'm not finding it, so sorry to be a pain, but I was wondering if for the artists submissions; is it 8 pages? Are they the first 8 or any 8 in a row from one of the given scripts? Thanks
    Any 8 in a row from a single script.

I'm not sure if this sort of thing is allowed, whether or not we're ONLY supposed to be able to draw from the materials made available in the reading list, but is there any chance I could get some more information about the Gen's religion? More "books" of theirs, tenants, ideals? Are there things about it I could glean from other religions? If so, which ones?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I'm not sure if this sort of thing is allowed, whether or not we're ONLY supposed to be able to draw from the materials made available in the reading list, but is there any chance I could get some more information about the Gen's religion? More "books" of theirs, tenants, ideals? Are there things about it I could glean from other religions? If so, which ones?
    The Gen's religion is what's show in Aphrodite IX (it hasn't really been established beyond that), but to play more with it, it's essentially based on the cosmic struggle reflected in the 13 Artifacts: The Angelus represents cosmic order (and, to some, goodness, but not to others) and The Darkness represents chaos (yet simultaneously creation, so, yeah).

But what's in the Aphrodite IX books is all that's been established for that religion, so you might have to expand on it on your own, if that's what you're going for.

Neat! Much appreciated, sir. I think I've finally got some loose ideas strung together.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkon Blackblade View Post
    Ok, so I'm sure it's been asked and answered but I'm not finding it, so sorry to be a pain, but I was wondering if for the artists submissions; is it 8 pages? Are they the first 8 or any 8 in a row from one of the given scripts? Thanks

8 Consecutive pages.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRichSmithRobot View Post
    As an artist can I submit work from each script or am I only allowed one entry?
    Enter as many times as you wish. Fill out the forms completely. Multiple entries will show your growth from piece to piece, not a bad opportunity for an artist.

Amazing Member

Ryan, I have a great story for the world of the IXth Generation but not featuring any particular IXths. It would be a world building piece that would define the educational system in Apollo's city, commerce between cities and the techno-biology of the cyborgs. In fact, the IXths are only referenced by citizens of their cities, would that be acceptable?
    Last edited by Lightningmax; 10-20-2015 at 03:18 AM. Reason: incompleteness

All-New Member

Before I say anything else, I read the script for Athena IX, and honestly it -DOES- play better with Kashmir. I made the comic more interesting too.

But a question for Ryan. Do you find picking music to listen to while writing helps out, or is it more than once you start writing the music sort of picks itself out?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K_AMA View Post
    Hello everybody!
    It's my first top cow talent hunt, so I have got a few doubts (I'm an artist):
    1) is it needed any pre-inscription to the contest or sending the e-mail before 15th Jenuary is enough?
    2) is there any page format requested?
    P.S. I couldn't find the minimum number of 8 pages on the Rules, where I got lost?
    Thanks
    1) I'm not sure what pre-inscription is... is that like an introductory email? Or are you asking about previous entry in the contest?
    2) It was previously established that there is an eight consecutive page minimum.
    Last edited by Lightningmax; 10-20-2015 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Don't know what preinscription is...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningmax View Post
    Ryan, I have a great story for the world of the IXth Generation but not featuring any particular IXths. It would be a world building piece that would define the educational system in Apollo's city, commerce between cities and the techno-biology of the cyborgs. In fact, the IXths are only referenced by citizens of their cities, would that be acceptable?
    Sounds rad to me!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by blizleopard View Post
    Before I say anything else, I read the script for Athena IX, and honestly it -DOES- play better with Kashmir. I made the comic more interesting too.

But a question for Ryan. Do you find picking music to listen to while writing helps out, or is it more than once you start writing the music sort of picks itself out?
    Thanks, man

Actually, I can't listen to music while I write, it's too distracting for me. But I do find music always clarifies ideas for me, and gives me new ones - I'll hear a song on the radio and it'll change the way I feel about a pitch I'm working on, or I'll go for a jog to a certain album or soundtrack and it'll give me a completely new idea.

ATHENA was actually post-hoc - I finished it and was about to start editing it, and "Kashmir" just sort of ear-wormed in there, and I gave the track a listen while I ran my edits.

Enter as many times as you wish. Fill out the forms completely. Multiple entries will show your growth from piece to piece, not a bad opportunity for an artist.
    Does this same offer apply to authors? Are we allowed multiple script entries?

All-New Member

1) I'm not sure what pre-inscription is... is that like an introductory email? Or are you asking about previous entry in the contest?
    2) It was previously established that there is an eight consecutive page minimum.
    1) Yes, something like an introductory email.
    2) I mean, like page dimension, but seeing last year winners I got the proportions

Thank you Lightningmax

All-New Member

I tried to find a response to a question I asked back on page 3 but it must have gotten lost.

The contest rules state that one winner from each category has to be a previous entrant. Will you guys know who is who or do you suggest we point it out in some way?

All-New Member

World-info question: In the ARTIFACTS series, the character Tilly refers to having discovered some "formulae" of her grandfather's that give her the ability to see the future and maybe cross between worlds. Are these formulae developed anywhere else or is Tilly the only source on this? Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something.

*whistles innocently*