Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I liked this. I liked the two previous one shot issues more. Those were just more my speed.
    The tone and setting of the previous one shots were closer to the type of stories that I like in general, but I ended up liking these three issues just as much. 1953 as a whole was fantastic.

I think it was just the suburban setting that I didn't love. Nothing wrong with it, but like spookier more.

Spectacular Member

It was more superhero-y

All-New Member

Really dig Roberson on this book and the Ashley Strode BPRD story. Was so bummed to see Arcudi leaving initially but I feel the books are in good hands. I hope Roberson gets the BPRD cycle 3 job. Now if we can just get Fegredo back to do some post Hellboy in Hell stories with big red then I'll be in heaven.

Duncan was drawing at least an 8 page story for something a while back. I doubt that's the last we see of him on Hellboy.

I assume Roberson was brought on for the 3rd BPRD Cycle Hellboy and the BPRD as Mike seems to want to do less comics for a while.

Thought it was great. Loved the action. the introduction of the Russian counterparts. And more Rivera art please.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I think it was just the suburban setting that I didn't love. Nothing wrong with it, but like spookier more.
    Yeah, I was hoping that there would be a greater tonal clash between the normalcy of small town America and the supernatural similar to what Ba' and Moon did in the earlier BPRD 40's books but it stuck with that same bright suburban tone through out. All in and all it was a fun story, and I liked the intro of the Russian agents but I was hoping for more development in Hellboy.

I was re-reading this today and came across something interesting: Susan's doctor is named Sandhu. Could she be the wife of A.N. Sandhu?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I was re-reading this today and came across something interesting: Susan's doctor is named Sandhu. Could she be the wife of A.N. Sandhu?
    She's his sister. She has spoken about her brother in 1955

Quote Originally Posted by legendx66 View Post
    She's his sister. She has spoken about her brother in 1955
    Ah, I must have missed the refrence.