Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Revival

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I skimmed through some pages of the early issues of Revival online, and it looks pretty interesting. The artwork is very good. I'm also interested in the Revival/Chew crossover, but I'm not overly familiar with Revival's story background so it wouldn't make much sense to me yet.

I like Chew, only read the first couple of trades, but I'm waiting for it to end to read the rest of the comic. I think Chew is ending sometime in 2016.
    Yeah pretty sure Layman said he'd finish at issue 60, and we're on issue 49 at the mo, so would have thought next year would be the ending point.

I was also wondering about the Revival/Chew crossover, purely because Chew is such a world unto itself that I don't know how putting it in the context of what I imagine is a slightly more grounded (as grounded as an undead story can be) scenario would work.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The ending of volume 5 pissed me off SO bad. I need the next volume immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    I was also wondering about the Revival/Chew crossover, purely because Chew is such a world unto itself that I don't know how putting it in the context of what I imagine is a slightly more grounded (as grounded as an undead story can be) scenario would work.
    It fits pretty well into Revival. Chu shows up and they investigate a one-off crimescene. It's unsettling and played more for horror than laughs, although it opens with a decent joke about crossovers and how they're just plain fun. Do note that the trade collection only includes the Revival part of the crossover issue.

Honestly I'm almost surprised we haven't seen a Nailbiter crossover yet, that books done a whole bunch of crossovers already including with Seeley's Hack/Slash.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Honestly I'm almost surprised we haven't seen a Nailbiter crossover yet, that books done a whole bunch of crossovers already including with Seeley's Hack/Slash.
    I wonder if we're ever going to see Cassie show up in Revival?

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    Actually just found someone on eBay selling issues 1-23 for not very much at all, so bit the bullet and grabbed them.

If this comic isn't great, I shall put a hex on ALL OF YOUUUUUU.

(I won't. Honest. I'm nice, really).
    Chanelling my inner Kanye and quoting myself, I'm 16 issues in now and I love it. Doesn't feel like a boring by-the-numbers zombie book, the characters are engaging, new twists jump in and feel completely natural and the art is great. I'm totally into it, hooray for everyone. No hexes today.