Thread: Secret Six #6

Default Secret Six #6

spoilers:
    I really like Simone's take on The Riddler here. When he was getting angry about Catman's bad riddle, I was losing it.
    Dibny's story gets sadder every issue, with Sue not having her memories of him any longer.
    Catman learned not to swear in front of ladies.
    Ferdie was the diamond thief all along, and the hero of the fight against Nygma. Pretty funny that he lost the diamond after the explosion.
    Black Alice faints and now isn't breathing.
    end of spoilers
    All in all, a pretty awesome issue. I am so happy this book is back.

I'm loving it, and surprisingly, have stopped missing Deadshot, Scandal, and Jeanette as much. (Though I'd be happy if any of them returned!)
    I love Ralph as Big Shot. Finally, he's not a Plastic Man rip off! And his old-fashioned sensibilities work for him.
    I'm liking Stryx more and more as time goes on. Though she doesn't look too scarred under those bandages. Wonder if it's just "artistic licence" or if it'll be revealed she looks fine.
    Riddler referring to Black Alice as the little Endless slayed me.
    I want to see more of Porcelain.
    The Ventriloquist (and Ferdie) can go away. They've done their job now and I find them a bit annoying.
    Catman is cooler than ever.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    I'm loving it, and surprisingly, have stopped missing Deadshot, Scandal, and Jeanette as much. (Though I'd be happy if any of them returned!)
    I love Ralph as Big Shot. Finally, he's not a Plastic Man rip off! And his old-fashioned sensibilities work for him.
    I'm liking Stryx more and more as time goes on. Though she doesn't look too scarred under those bandages. Wonder if it's just "artistic licence" or if it'll be revealed she looks fine.
    Riddler referring to Black Alice as the little Endless slayed me.
    I want to see more of Porcelain.
    The Ventriloquist (and Ferdie) can go away. They've done their job now and I find them a bit annoying.
    Catman is cooler than ever.
    That "Endless" line was hilarious! My thoughts on this issue:

-Ralph's story is sad. Hopefully he and Sue will get a happier ending somewhere down the line.
    -The Riddler was a great pick for Mockingbird. I like that while Catman got some licks in, Nygma doesn't job to him.
    -Strix is swiftly becoming one of my favorite characters from the new continuity. Catman was great as well.
    -I know Black Alice is one of Gail's pet characters, but I wish she'd leave the team. She's already spent most of the run so far unconscious or bedridden. The next arc will center around her, it seems, but I'd like to see her depart after that.

Overall, I think Simone's done a good job of turning this book around after an uneven start. There have been some problems, but at the end of this opening arc? I'm really enjoying how it's turned out. I hope Scandal, Ragdoll, and Jeannette return before too long.

I'm a bit bummed about Sue and Ralph's current situation. I hope true love will conquer all
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Astonishing Member

Totally good comic.

The Ralph and Sue heartbreak is extra heartbreaking but of course, Gail's probably a big Ralph & Sue fan and since it's been a long time coming to get them back in the DCU I imagine she wanted to tell a great story about their return to prominence with lots of twists and turns and surprises and her trademark off-the-wall stuff. But I have no doubt in my mind that the endgoal with that story thread is catharsis for us fans who've been griping about Sue's treatment since Identity Crisis, no matter how good Ralph's story in 52 was.

So in this melodrama I trust Gail completely.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Spectacular Member

So much fun.
    As one of the earlier posters has said, scandal deadshot and rag doll aren't missed even though I'd love to see them back one day.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Totally good comic.

The Ralph and Sue heartbreak is extra heartbreaking but of course, Gail's probably a big Ralph & Sue fan and since it's been a long time coming to get them back in the DCU I imagine she wanted to tell a great story about their return to prominence with lots of twists and turns and surprises and her trademark off-the-wall stuff. But I have no doubt in my mind that the endgoal with that story thread is catharsis for us fans who've been griping about Sue's treatment since Identity Crisis, no matter how good Ralph's story in 52 was.

So in this melodrama I trust Gail completely.
    There was a split second where I was thinking "Oh no, Ralph's gonna die unfulfilled, or Sue's going to end up killing herself and it'll be why Ralph sticks with such a broken group like the Six," and then I remembered that it was Gail writing. Gail's not going to fridge Sue or kill Ralph in some hackneyed way, she demonstrates considerable care when she writes characters. She's one of the least "wasteful" writers I've seen at DC over the last several years, excellent at revitalizing old characters and introducing great new ones.

Finally sat and read all six issues in one sitting. I was 3 issues behind. While it isn't the secret six I know it is a secret six I could learn to enjoy. I was, how ever, super stoked to see the return of jeanette, scandal and rag doll. Was anyone else fooled onto thinking that was just rag dolls family in that issue? Before Scandal's claws came out I mean?

Always Rakzo

This wasn't as good as the last 3 issues sadly. It was still an enjoyable read but at times it seems like Simone gives too much importance to her pet characters.

Not having Eaglesham on art duties also hurt.

All-New Member

Still enjoying the book.

It is totally unpredictable and teasing,art is solid and Ralph being a part of the Secret Six is a great idea.

Now some Secret Six world bulding and cohesiveness is in order.

Man, it's weird to see the complete turn this title took after the first two issues. I liked those too, but after that it just took off.