Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default DC's Original Power Couple is "Unbreakable" in Jurgens' "Superman: Lois & Clark"

With his post-"Convergence" series featuring multiple Clarks and Loises, Dan Jurgens explains what each couple's mission is and if they'll meet.

Full article here.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Why do they keep showing the Daniel cover? It's a completely different story.

Incredible Member

Interested in seeing what happens when the Earth Prime Batman finds out about the Kent family. That'll be interesting.

Amazing Member

Lee Weeks is just a modern master. But out of the 2 Convergence issues in Superman: Convergence that was the prequel to this story by Jurgens and Weeks, Lee Weeks' work only appeared in one issue. The second issue was illustrated by Dan Jurgens and Norm Rapmund.

Can Lee Weeks keep a regular schedule? I was skeptical about Jurgens' approach feeling dated or so well-worn that he might not bring anything new to the same Superman that he wrote all those years. But the premise seems different enough it feels like an invigorated Jurgens-Superman reunion.

I tried to like the New 52 Superman but the bungling at the beginning, the instability in creative teams and scattered directions, the personal disappointment with Man of Steel, and how Superman seems like a character DC just wants to be more like Batman (I suppose you could argue they'd like all of their characters to enjoy the success Batman does)--didn't realize until I read this that I might be missing Superman and even though this isn't the Superman that "counts", the Superman that exists in the perpetual now that has the full faith and support of DC...even though this series might be one of those DC wants to pull the plug on sooner rather than later...this could be the Superman I want to be into.

I haven't been into Superman since growing out of a massive completism I had from my early days. Yes, I liked Morrison's way too short run of T-shirt Superman but that and Lobdell's run that was cut short because Johns wanted the book have been it. This though? I'm in. Old school unquestionably heroic Clark with Lois and a kid trying to stay that hero in this new darker universe? They have found a way to get me excited about Superman without compromising his character...

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Looking forward to this. Some parts of the premise gives me pause, but to see the Superman I read for two decades back is like visiting with an old friend.

Thats a no brainer, of course he will meet new 52 Superman later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Pilotus View Post
    Can Lee Weeks keep a regular schedule?
    I doubt it, I've never seen him do more than three consecutive comics.

I'm eager for this, but I will be very unhappy if DC says that Lois and Clark's Earth really is destroyed, rather than that they just can't find their way back to it yet, and perhaps even think that it's destroyed. For one thing, all of the cool other stuff on the pre-Flashpoint Earth from Convergence (Dick and Barbara marrying, Lian Harper and Ryan Choi coming back, etc.) deserves to live on, as well as that DCU itself, with the married Wally and so on. Even if it's just a "FINAL ISSUE: Clark and Lois have found their Earth again--but which one will they choose to raise their son on?" ending, with no other glimpses, I want it to still be there.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This is going to be really messy. Our current Superman (was) way more powerful than this guy was so the fact that he wouldn't know of his presence seems silly. Much better fit would be that they wind up on our main Earth in real time and have to hide, so Superman would just be a strong guy fighting shadows and we could get cool grandiose stories with this guy.

Even if I'd prefer just getting fun stories with our Superman. Maybe once he's done with shadow monsters.

Spectacular Member

Didn't realize Clark and Lois were going to be relocated to the New 52 universe. I'm not sure where they are going to be located, but putting them back in Metropolis is probably the dumbest idea.

Lex Luthor, Parasite, Metallo, Brainiac, Cyborg Superman, Zod, Doomsday...these villains of which he had to deal with on his earth are all still around on this one causing problems. Meaning this Superman really, really sucks at one of his mission statements. Why try and paint him as doing something that by virtue of the main line stories he can't possibly succeed in? Another dumb idea.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-17-2015 at 02:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by darima80 View Post
    Didn't realize Clark and Lois were going to be relocated to the New 52 universe. I'm not sure where they are going to be located, but putting them back in Metropolis is probably the dumbest idea.
    They're living in hiding under different names in California, so not Metropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lex Luthor, Parasite, Metallo, Brainiac, Cyborg Superman, Zod, Doomsday...these villains of which he had to deal with on his earth are all still around on this one causing problems. Meaning this Superman really, really sucks at one of his mission statements. Why try and paint him as doing something that by virtue of the main line stories he can't possibly succeed in? Another dumb idea.
    There are issues here about punishing people before they've done anything based solely on the assumption that they could fulfill their counterparts' fate. There's also the issue of the differences in how some of these villains developed in contrast to his own world. We should wait and see how these ideas are executed before we decide they're dumb.

Yeah, with the villain thing, it's not like any version of superman ever permanently retires his foes. He wouldn't find and lobotomize a teen lex.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, clearly this "old" Superman was focussing on stopping the real threats. Like Dynamiter X.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.