Incredible Member

Default Spoiler for an upcoming issue of SM/WW (I think?)

In an interview over at Newsarama, Gene Yang says this:
    The shadow creatures, Angle Man in Superman/Wonder Woman — it all ties together.

I don't recall seeing Angle Man in SM/WW, or anywhere in the nu52 yet. Am I forgetting an Angle Man appearance? I'm sure it's possible I'm wrong, but I thought I'd ask.

Oh, and the interview is here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    In an interview over at Newsarama, Gene Yang says this:

I don't recall seeing Angle Man in SM/WW, or anywhere in the nu52 yet. Am I forgetting an Angle Man appearance? I'm sure it's possible I'm wrong, but I thought I'd ask.

Oh, and the interview is here.
    He had a tiny cameo in the Soule issue in which the relationship was publically revealed. He was sitting in a bar watching the TV coverage and thinking "What an angle!," or something like that. That's his only appearance that I'm aware of.

I gather that there's a mystery villain name Hordr_Root in the "Truth" crossover, and he's supposed to have ties to (or be) an established DC character, and that he has "information-based" powers"? Could he possibly be a new Angle Man? Somehow giving Angle Man information powers would make sense to me, and tt would be great to see WW mythos tied in like that. (But I haven't been reading the crossover outside SM/WW, so I don't know whether this idea makes any sense or not).
    Last edited by Silvanus; 10-01-2015 at 06:34 AM.

He's Mr. Bend in SM/WW.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    He's Mr. Bend in SM/WW.
    D'oh! Bend...Angle...of course! Thanks for pointing that out. (I forgot that Angle Man's real name was Angelo Bend.)

He was White House Chief of Staff until the end of this issue, right? That's not bad for one of Wonder Woman's minor rogues.

Incidentally, I see in the interview that Yang says Holdr is the son of an established character. Could his father be Max Lord? I remember that there was a young tech entrepreneur name Lord in one of two of the first issues of SM/WW. He vaguely seemd like a "Zuckerberg type," I think.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 10-01-2015 at 06:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Angle Man also appeared in costume in Forever Evil #1.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

My bet is that the father is Morgan Edge. And won't be the first time that I anticipated the villian but I know that now is probably more risky...