Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    There is no love triangle crap. No one's come between these two characters in the actual comics. Its other fans who have been trying to make things into a triangle/quadrangle or whatever. The reality is Lois and Diana have had zero conflict in any book for the entire time this romance has been going on.
    I don't know... She gives Lois a pretty scathing look when he astral form intrudes on a dinner with Clark.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Nothing there can be verified as the true blue Lois since she was revealed to be possessed by Brainiac at the time to varying degrees. Anything she did in Lobdell's run after she got powers cannot be credibly attributed to actually being a fully sound Lois Lane.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Nothing there can be verified as the true blue Lois since she was revealed to be possessed by Brainiac at the time to varying degrees. Anything she did in Lobdell's run after she got powers cannot be credibly attributed to actually being a fully sound Lois Lane.
    Yes but it was the true blue Wonder Woman and she didn't look happy
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

No, Wonder Woman frowned when Lois walked in, then she walked away with the same face, clenching her fist.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    No, Wonder Woman frowned when Lois walked in, then she walked away with the same face, clenching her fist.
    I think that frown came because of the interruption in general more than who was the one doing the interrupting. Lois interrupting didn't seem to cause any issues with Clark (considering her thoughts as he was leaving) but I can see how it can be assumed she has an issue with Lois based on the frown alone. I think we will know whether Diana has any problems with Lois in the upcoming issue where they work together. Until then, it's mostly speculation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sram15 View Post
    I think that frown came because of the interruption in general more than who was the one doing the interrupting. Lois interrupting didn't seem to cause any issues with Clark (considering her thoughts as he was leaving) but I can see how it can be assumed she has an issue with Lois based on the frown alone. I think we will know whether Diana has any problems with Lois in the upcoming issue where they work together. Until then, it's mostly speculation.
    T'wern't nothin' speculative about the look on Diana's face.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sram15 View Post
    It's not like there's bad blood between them but there's definitely tension in this relationship and Wonder Woman knows there's more between Lois and Superman than meets the eye. Lois told her about the booty-call, you see when the doomsday infection shut off Clark's superego, his longing for Lois Lane bubbled up from the id compartment of his mind where he buried it. Wonder Woman knows she holds a special place in his heart. I'm not sure you can call that a love-triangle, but they're flirting with it.

Diana has not been indicated as even being remotely disturbed or threatened by Lois, thus the idea that she believes there's "more than meets the eye" between the two is a complete fallacy. She knows their "almost" past, and seems to be quite comfortable with it. The Doomsday thing didn't bother her at all, in fact. It didn't even give her pause, during nor after; all her focus was on Clark getting healed. And we've already been over this, the Doomsday infection wasn't shutting down Clark's defenses, it was outright replacing Clark's psyche with another. This is undebatable fact via the written and drawn pages. The real Clark was mentally battling an entirely different consciousness within him.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-20-2015 at 02:35 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

It's not like there's bad blood between them but there's definitely tension in this relationship and Wonder Woman knows there's more between Lois and Superman than meets the eye. Lois told her about the booty-call, you see when the doomsday infection shut off Clark's superego, his longing for Lois Lane bubbled up from the id compartment of his mind where he buried it. Wonder Woman knows she holds a special place in his heart. I'm not sure you can call that a love-triangle, but they're flirting with it.
    It's not a proper love traingle, but they are dancing around it for sure. wonder woman really is bothered about the relationship lois and clark have. Now if writers could drop this

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    T'wern't nothin' speculative about the look on Diana's face.
    wonder woman that i know would be happy to see superman helping or she herself would help lois

They're dancing around nothing, they're simply choosing not to do a love triangle. You're looking for things that aren't there, then blaming DC for doing these imagined things. Silly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    It's not a proper love traingle, but they are dancing around it for sure. wonder woman really is bothered about the relationship lois and clark have. Now if writers could drop this
    That much is evident to me, why else would they make a cliffhanger out of Lois' interrogation. Why would Superman wake up naked next to Lois Lane, call Lois Lane in the middle of the night if not to create tension...

BANNED

sure they aren't dacing around a love traingle

well nothing on doomed says that it was clark personality getting switched by doomsday, it was just him losing the inibitions and he booty called lois

BANNED

Exactly, unless that longing for Lois Lane originated in Doomsday's consciousness which seems far less likely to me

Extraordinary Member

They're dancing around nothing, they're simply choosing not to do a love triangle. You're looking for things that aren't there, then blaming DC for doing these imagined things. Silly.
    Friends don't touch each others faces the way she touches his in Superman #43. At least none of my friends do - and I am pretty sure I know how the EverQueen would react if any of my female friends were to do so.

Exactly, unless that longing for Lois Lane originated in Doomsday's consciousness which seems far less likely to me
    True that. The Doomsday intelligence might be completely from outside but it would have to mind Clark's own memories for resources to use against him. No point using a piece of information that has no hold on his mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    sure they aren't dacing around a love traingle

well nothing on doomed says that it was clark personality getting switched by doomsday, it was just him losing the inibitions and he booty called lois
    If one panel from an issue going on two years ago is your only evidence, you're doing your argument no favors. She wasn't happy there. I get that. We all get that. That does not suddenly mean that their relationship has featured a triangle.

And with Doomsday, no, you are flat out wrong. The story visualizes Clark's consciousness battling against a completely separate consciousness. So it does say so. Its not him, period. Its Doomsday with a twisted perversion of Clark's memories. That is not the same thing in any shape or form as just saying its Clark without the inhibitions.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-20-2015 at 04:41 PM.