Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Well some might see it as trying to save the man you love as more in character than say making excuses for sexual harassment from a douche because he is ginger or sexy. The idea Wonder Woman would not try to save anyone she loves is not Wonder Woman I think so yes she would follow him is very in character. She is intimate with him, in love with him, so what if she kisses him? In other narratives some people barely know each other and they sucking face in life and death situations and it gets a pass. When last have you read Wonder Woman in love with someone you know how she would or should react? She's always been an empathetic character and there would be some vulnerability for her too when she is in love because love does that to you. The character has been written with love interests in the past as the awkward naive even if she's been out in the world for a while, or crushing like a teenager on men who have no time for her like Batman but to some that was sexy...to othes that's absurd. Now if she had fallen for Orion, you might call that sexy while some might have called her crazy and stupid and a poor example to women for enduing that behavior. So its all about pov and definitely personal bias flavours the reaction to sm/ww. But for the first time in years we're seeing WW in a place where she cares for someone she is in love with and dating for a while and end of the day love isn't governed by logic but the heart.
    Don't put words in my mouth. Of course Wonder Woman had to go and save Superman, regardless of whether or not he's her boyfriend actually, if someone's life is in peril it's her duty to protect them. But to then kiss him as though their relationship didn't just hit a bump like 30 minutes ago, like he didn't just accuse her of betraying him, it borders on obsessive, codependent behavior. Especially considering that her life revolves around Superman, that she's 100% dedicated to him, that her friends & family are nowhere to be seen...

As for Orion, he's not just some hot piece of a$$ like you're insinuating, Azzarello made it very clear that behind that facade of his, was a good, selfless man with a kind heart and insecurities which he overcompensated for. Orion just needed someone to love and to believe in him, like a sick cute little puppy. And it's not even like Wonder Woman didn't see the real him. She did, it's you who didn't.

Its ironic that you're going on about what you see as obsessive, codependent behavior (it isn't, but I digress here), then champion the idea that she should have been allowed to fall for a guy who needed to be loved like a "sick, cute little puppy". Like that's healthy.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    No, she shouldn't be portrayed that way and she isn't. Protecting someone you love is not being obsessive, it's what it is, protection. And preventing someone from basically going on a suicide mission. If Diana wasn't caring and trying to stop him then the argument would be she doesn't care nor love him, so it seems like a damn if you do, damn if you don't situation.
    Well said!! Well said my friend!! I feel the same way!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its ironic that you're going on about what you see as obsessive, codependent behavior (it isn't, but I digress here), then champion the idea that she should have been allowed to fall for a guy who needed to be loved like a "sick, cute little puppy". Like that's healthy.
    at least the cute little puppy would be orion, not wonder woman. Aulamagna has a point

No, she shouldn't be portrayed that way and she isn't. Protecting someone you love is not being obsessive, it's what it is, protection. And preventing someone from basically going on a suicide mission. If Diana wasn't caring and trying to stop him then the argument would be she doesn't care nor love him, so it seems like a damn if you do, damn if you don't situation.
    she is. she protected superman,that is right. but she was all "kiss me" for a guy that say that she betrayed him some moments earlier and was acting cold to her since he lost his powers. the argument never was that she shouldn't help him, but that she shouldn't be this obssessive girlfriend wanting to kiss him while doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    at least the cute little puppy would be orion, not wonder woman. Aulamagna has a point

she is. she protected superman,that is right. but she was all "kiss me" for a guy that say that she betrayed him some moments earlier and was acting cold to her since he lost his powers. the argument never was that she shouldn't help him, but that she shouldn't be this obssessive girlfriend wanting to kiss him while doing it
    There's a double standard here. Orion isn't a cute little puppy. He is a grown man who is disrespectful and think it's funny and cute. Making excuses and accepting that is not right at all.
    Clark hasn't acted this way until his life turned to hell. I've already said I think this whole Truth storyline with all 4 books is contrived and the conflict is petty. Over reactions and over dramatic.
    But Diana has not shown any sign of being obsessive. The scene is like an old movie or something, the last kiss before the tragic ending.

The point being what? That's its cool to portray an unhealthy relationship as long as its Wonder Woman who's in the role if fixing the jacked up man? I guess its a preference, sure, but one I want no part of. I don't understand why its such a big deal that she's with a guy who is going through a rough patch right now but has otherwise treated her like gold, yet its acted as if she'd be better off with guys like Batman and Orion, whom are messed up all the time and whom have a history of routinely treating her poorly.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-27-2015 at 05:36 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

The point being what? That's its cool to portray an unhealthy relationship as long as its Wonder Woman who's in the role if fixing the jacked up man? I guess its a preference, sure, but one I want no part of. I don't understand why its such a big deal that she's with a guy who is going through a rough patch right now but has otherwise treated her like gold...
    Like Steve
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

The point being what? That's its cool to portray an unhealthy relationship as long as its Wonder Woman who's in the role if fixing the jacked up man? I guess its a preference, sure, but one I want no part of. I don't understand why its such a big deal that she's with a guy who is going through a rough patch right now but has otherwise treated her like gold, yet its acted as if she'd be better off with guys like Batman and Orion, whom are messed up all the time and whom have a history of routinely treating her poorly.
    What unhealthy relationship, obviously Orion would've stopped had their relationship been allowed to continue, Wonder Woman was gonna fix him which would've been a far more compelling story than this SMWW garbage. You know what doesn't stop, the damage the Superman creative office inflicts on the character of Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    What unhealthy relationship, obviously Orion would've stopped had their relationship been allowed to continue, Wonder Woman was gonna fix him which would've been a far more compelling story than this SMWW garbage. You know what doesn't stop, the damage the Superman creative office inflicts on the character of Wonder Woman.
    As a woman with self respect, no that's not a compelling story. That isn't a healthy relationship to try to fix someone and teach them to have respect for you. Calling a woman "legs" and so on is not attractive. Also it's only been 3 months or so since the office change, so the decisions that were made were before.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-27-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

As a woman with self respect, no that's not a compelling story. That isn't a healthy relationship to try to fix someone and teach them to have respect for you. Also it's only been 3 months or so since the office change, so the decisions that were made were before.
    I don't thinks its entirely fair to suggest that my wife lacks self respect because she was okay with Princess Leia falling for Han Solo.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

As a woman with self respect, no that's not a compelling story. That isn't a healthy relationship to try to fix someone and teach them to have respect for you. Calling a woman "legs" and so on is not attractive. Also it's only been 3 months or so since the office change, so the decisions that were made were before.
    As a woman with self respect, it pains me to see a feminist icon reduced to a witless, codependent imbecile who's a burden to her man and less than him in every way imaginable, in a comic where she's not treated equal to him

Never really watched star wars so can't say anything on that. But I think my point still stands of generally speaking its not right to have to teach a grown man to respect a woman in order to be in a relationship with the man.

BANNED

As a woman, I would sooner forgive my mother's murderer than a man who slapped my bum because that's like the worst of all cardinal sins, like Wonder Woman's all about forgiveness except if you slap her butt, then no, it will be a cold day in hell before she forgives you. Touching her bum is off limits

None of what you described is Wonder Woman in this series. She isn't a burden and have never been shown as less. Both, Soule and Tomasi, admitted to like writing Wonder Woman more. How has she not been treated as an equal when she is the one that has been shown smarter and tougher?

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Like Steve
    As far as I can tell he treated her great too, I won't take that away from him. I'd never put him in the category Orion is in in regards to dickish behavior and some fans inexplicably wanting her to fall for that crap.

I find nothing compelling about female heroines having to fix jackasses. It was overdone 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-27-2015 at 07:02 PM.