Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Default Why is Rogue an Avenger!?!?

Let me start off by saying this isn't a slight against the character or her fans, and yes I'm aware she's been an Avenger for sometime. Somehow it wasn't until recently visiting the "How are u dealing with your character assassination" thread did I actually think about it, of all the characters who are X-men why would Marvel think making Rogue a mainstay Avenger was a good idea, so much so that she isn't allowed to pull double duty with the X-men even though Wolverine had for years!!!

Rogue doesn't seem to me at least, as the kind of character that would mesh well with what the Avengers "do", much of which I'm not even aware of!

because she's one of the most popular x-men in existence. so obviously we cannot have her anymore.

Probably because they want to get us to buy Avengers books due to her being in them. It's working 'cause I'm gonna get the new Uncanny when it comes out... :|

Remender wanted Rogue for her brotherhood past, Marvel wanted X people to read it, Rogue's in story reason seemed to be a combination of pissing Wanda and Wasp off and grief. I'm assuming she stayed cause it beat staying at JGS.

as for post SW, who knows.

because Marvel hates the X-Men and they making that several popular mutants go to other teams in order to survive or in order to use them as they want...

I will not be surprised if after they invent something like she in reality is not a mutant but an inhuman that people believed she was a mutant... or she is the decedent of an inhuman... or she was an experiment done when she was a baby or genetically created and put to woman womb, etc... in order they can use her more freely...

Also she has always been a person who works in teams, even if she can kill anyone with only touching them and is scared to hurt anyone...

Also, if you see many of the new teams, with the exception of the X-men, all the teams have a little of everything... A-Force has a mutant, a witch, a genetically modified woman (She Hulk), an inhuman and a cute strange kid that I suspect is a mutant...

The Avengers is the same, a little of everything...

In my case I like to see this more mixed teams, and as i told you, I think she works better in a team, also she has being doing great outside of the X-men, she needs to be in a more mixed team than one where all are mutants!!!

that whole "she isn't allowed to pull double duty with the X-Men" thing is not true. She was in the X-Men book with only females for the first arc and she was also used in the Marvel Knights X-Men story. Both while she was on Uncanny Avengers. She also briefly rejoined the X-Men during AXIS.

She was only pulled from double duty cause they didn't want to spoil the fact she would comeback from her death. After that, continuity was all over the place so for all we know Rogue was gone for like a week in their time.

Why indeed. But what can you do? So far UA team is the only place to find her, so I am gonna check it out. I won't deny being bummed that Rogue no longer has connection to the X-stories. It seems strange that she is not involved in the mutant struggle. Also, I miss her hanging with her family and friends.

On the plus side, she is so amazing she is now an Avenger squad leader. Damn right!
    Last edited by jen; 09-17-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Remender wanted her so he could give her brawler powers again, then she stayed on UA because they wanted a token mutant and she was the only one left on the team.

Simple answer us Remender wanted to use her.

Beyond that she probably made an interesting choice because of her past history with Carol and the Avengers.

The real question should be is why she can't be a main character in any of the X-Men titles and pull double duty like Wolverine used to? and what editor is cock blocking? We must have a pussy ass editor if he cant get his main popular X-Men to show up in titles.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Simple answer us Remender wanted to use her.

Beyond that she probably made an interesting choice because of her past history with Carol and the Avengers.
    It's just a shame that nothing's been done with her and Carol. She hasn't even made a guest appearance in Captain Marvel which is a huge missed opportunity if you ask me.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It's just a shame that nothing's been done with her and Carol. She hasn't even made a guest appearance in Captain Marvel which is a huge missed opportunity if you ask me.
    That ship has sailed. We don't need another carol rogue confrontation. They don't like each other so satin away from one another is probably for the best lol
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdgs View Post
    that whole "she isn't allowed to pull double duty with the X-Men" thing is not true. She was in the X-Men book with only females for the first arc and she was also used in the Marvel Knights X-Men story. Both while she was on Uncanny Avengers. She also briefly rejoined the X-Men during AXIS.
    You are aware that the only reason reason she was pulled out of Adjectiveless X-men was because they didn't want to spoil her return in UA?!?! And just so we're all on the same page the operational definition for pulling double duty would be considered currently or rather recently being on TWO or more teams, not what amounts to cameos or a few arcs!!!

I asked the question because it doesn't even make sense as far as the story is concerned, Carol and Rogue have or should have long since buried the hatchet and even still her inclusion in the Avengers after that incident makes the story seem even worse, I think Rogue would of benefitted a lot more remaining in an X-book while another character along the lines of Storm, Bendis' parading her out to do nothing in NA, notwithstanding or even Emma Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    That ship has sailed. We don't need another carol rogue confrontation. They don't like each other so satin away from one another is probably for the best lol
    Plus, Carol doesn't even remember what Rogue did to her after her recent mind-wipe, while Rogue has accepted that what happened was a mistake and moved on. Which works to Marvel's advantage, as it means that they can now keep Carol out of all mutant-related issues.
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-17-2015 at 01:34 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!