Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remender originally wanted Storm for his book, and she should have been the one to represent mutants on his unity team, but he couldn't use her because she was being used elsewhere. So he had to settle for Rogue to be the one to do it.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Remender originally wanted Storm for his book, and she should have been the one to represent mutants on his unity team, but he couldn't use her because she was being used elsewhere. So he had to settle for Rogue to be the one to do it.
    Well Storm wasnt being in one place, she was all over the place, in terms of X-Men. In like 3 different books during Remender's run (while UA was going on). I get that, but Rogue was in only one book and for reason of her dying Remender wouldnt let anyone else use her. Not like it mattered. Nothing mattered. The fact that she died, was resurrected, or the fact that no one brought up the fact that she had planned to murder Scarlet Witch. Matter of fact, when they went back in time to undo it, they physically stopped her basically only moments (maybe a half hour?) before. I could get it if it was days before when it was just an idea, or wasnt even a notion, but the woman was committed to murdering her teammate... They "hugged it out". I dont get how she got pass without even a stern talking to... But Remender, so yeah.

It's obvious shes only still in UA as boost in sales so the book endears itself to X-Men fans... even though shes the only real X-Man/mutant in the entire book.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 09-17-2015 at 06:39 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It's just a shame that nothing's been done with her and Carol. She hasn't even made a guest appearance in Captain Marvel which is a huge missed opportunity if you ask me.
    There actually seems to be a very real mandated for Rogue not to guest star in CD's book. Kelly Sue was all, "I don't really know much about Rogue" which is silly bull pucky. I think they did not want Rogue to overshadow CD. It was a missed opportunity and Rogue really could have helped CD's sales. G. Willow is making the same mistake on A-Force. Eh...

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    There actually seems to be a very real mandated for Rogue not to guest star in CD's book. Kelly Sue was all, "I don't really know much about Rogue" which is silly bull pucky. I think they did not want Rogue to overshadow CD. It was a missed opportunity and Rogue really could have helped CD's sales. G. Willow is making the same mistake on A-Force. Eh...
    It's more likely because Marvel is demanding that Carol have absolutely no connections to mutants, be they past or present. And since Carol remembers nothing about what Rogue did to her, there's no reason for anybody to dredge that up.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Let me start off by saying this isn't a slight against the character or her fans, and yes I'm aware she's been an Avenger for sometime. Somehow it wasn't until recently visiting the "How are u dealing with your character assassination" thread did I actually think about it, of all the characters who are X-men why would Marvel think making Rogue a mainstay Avenger was a good idea, so much so that she isn't allowed to pull double duty with the X-men even though Wolverine had for years!!!

Rogue doesn't seem to me at least, as the kind of character that would mesh well with what the Avengers "do", much of which I'm not even aware of!

Better question, why WOULDN'T she be an avenger? Really, Fighting monsters, Stopping alien invasions... She did all that on the X-men too. The job really is pretty much the same. One of my big complaints about the X-men (That Cyclops brought up a few times) Is that the x-men are superheroes who've saved the world a dozen times over... JUST like the Avengers.

That said, maybe it was time for her to move on from the X-men? She has friends there, but she's also had disasters. She's been a villain, she's been a hero, She's lost control of her powers, I've heard she's gained control of her powers... I really don't know her current status... But with the X-schisms and personal issues running rampant at the schools... It makes sense to take a step back... take a vacation and let people figure out what the heck is going on.

I'm surprised MOST of the X-men haven't left to do their own thing. She's allowed to have a life outside the X-teams. Many of the mutants have wandered around other teams in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    That ship has sailed. We don't need another carol rogue confrontation. They don't like each other so satin away from one another is probably for the best lol
    They're not against one another. Back in the Legacy AvX tie-ins Rogue realized that Carol was her friend and in the A+X issue where Rogue and Natasha teamed up she said Carol let her borrow her powers for the day. They haven't hated eachother in quite some time.

I really hoped Rogue would guest-star on Carol's recent series as an ally to help cure her shocked brain. I don't want for them to fight ever again. I want to see those two forget about their damaged past and start over. Carol has always been Rogue's hero, so it would be awesome to see her take Rogue under her wing and become her mentor.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Well with A-Force it seems more that they don't want characters moonlighting on other Avenger teams. So since Rogue is on Uncanny Avengers, she's filled her Avengers team quota. While Carol sort of does by also being in Ultimates, I hear she only has a minor role in A-Force.

Mighty Member

It was ok when Logan was an Avenger, but rogue is the only X character in an Avengers book - it seems weird.

But there again these days the X Men are all over the place - we have Warren and Betsy with a cast of bad guys, Beast an Inhuman, and even Extraordinary features Jeen and Magik, who can't really be called 'classic' X Men.

I'm just wondering what they've done with Remy?

I like Rogue being an Avenger. Better than when she's a mother hen. But I don't want Marvel to keep her there. If the reason is to give another character place to shine (in the X-book) just make her a supporting cast in an X-Book. But maybe, Rogue isn't suit for a supporting role? Maybe she should just appear here and there in the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Better question, why WOULDN'T she be an avenger?.
    Bah you beat me to it.
    I see no problem there. Who wouldn't want to be on a super hero team protecting the world from threats?
    "This is me being reasonable"

because in her entire history, she's never been impressed with the avengers before? why start now? she's better than them.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

They need to return Rouge and take Hope and call it square.
    image.jpg

bc they need a big name to sell UA.
    And say what you want, Rogue is right up there with the greats. It's a shame that Cyke became a villain-y character, bc he'd fit like a glove in an Avengers title...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Which is mostly BS, on Kelly Sue's part there is no way you're the main writer for a Carol Danver's solo project and not research the character or know enough about the character to realize how huge a role Rogue played in her life. And I'm willing to bet even with the push that Marvel has been giving the Ladies of the Avengers the X-women are still more recognizable and Rogue's definitely just as known or moreso than Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Better question, why WOULDN'T she be an avenger? Really, Fighting monsters, Stopping alien invasions... She did all that on the X-men too. The job really is pretty much the same. One of my big complaints about the X-men (That Cyclops brought up a few times) Is that the x-men are superheroes who've saved the world a dozen times over... JUST like the Avengers.

That said, maybe it was time for her to move on from the X-men? She has friends there, but she's also had disasters. She's been a villain, she's been a hero, She's lost control of her powers, I've heard she's gained control of her powers... I really don't know her current status... But with the X-schisms and personal issues running rampant at the schools... It makes sense to take a step back... take a vacation and let people figure out what the heck is going on.

I'm surprised MOST of the X-men haven't left to do their own thing. She's allowed to have a life outside the X-teams. Many of the mutants have wandered around other teams in the past.

I didn't say she wasn't qualified, she's just the last character you'd think especially in the X-men who'd get on board with what the Avengers are, and no that's not to say it's a bad team it's just as far as natural fits are concerned Rogue is not the first name that comes to mind when one thinks of a X-character joining the Avengers I'd say the same about Gambit, Psylocke, Cable, or any other character who joined and it didn't feel like a natural progression for the character and IMHO it didn't feel like it's where Rogue would go next especially with everything that had happened in recent years. I'm all for the X-men branching out and exploring new avenues and making new connections with a variety of teams but when you start just sticking characters in placing not because it adds to the story but because it's what the writer demands a lot of WTF moments occurs and now that I'm actually thinking about it I still can't fathom who thought I'd be a good idea for Rogue to become an Avenger!!!

And all what you said would be fine but we as reader need to start demanding more from these companies as far as how they've been placing and treating our favorite characters and stop excepting just anything there is a precedence where characters in Marvel have appeared in multiple titles, multiple times a month, so the question become why is it that Marvel restrict some characters to appearing in a singular title while others can appear in a hundred!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Bah you beat me to it.
    I see no problem there. Who wouldn't want to be on a super hero team protecting the world from threats?

Opposed to her already being on a superhero team and protecting the world several times over?!?!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 09-18-2015 at 09:28 AM.