Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default What would you do if you were the X-Men writer?

I see that most people are not happy with the path that the X-Books are going, so I think it would be interesting to know: What would you do if you were the writer of the X-books?(or at least one of them). Well, I will start, and well, the focus are 100% on Jean because I am no ashamed to admit that I am totally biased.

Well, with all the Mist thing, everyone is in grief because Scott, Rachel, Emma and thousands of mutantes died. Jeen thinks that the only way to save the mutants is with the Phoenix, considering that she did that not so much time ago. Storm and mostly everyone in the team think is a awful idea, and that the Phoenix always cause mess and destruction. So Mr Sinister appears with an idea and an offer. He can make a Jean clone and use her to be the Phoenix host. Obviously most of the team disagree because of the whole Madelyne thing, but Jean don't listen to everyone and accepts. They expect the Phoenix to wake her like she did with Madelyne, but that doesn't happen. So Jean decide that's only one way, only one thing that always attracted the Phoenix: If she kills herself. She doesn't really die, but everyone is worried because she's in coma. The O4 goes visit Jeen. Scott start listening her voice, but doesn't know how, he have some visions of the Phoenix, and start to think that she's trying to contact him.
    When Jeen's body is in coma, her soul is in the White Hot Room. There she meets her oldself. I imagine a very beautiful scene which Jean's touch Jeen's face and says "I miss so much being you" Jeen ask if she's dead and if there's something she can do to help. Jean says that she's not totally dead, but she would probably be in the White Hot Room with her for now. Rachel is there too, with the Jean of her future that is her actual mom. She saids that what is actually happening is that the Phoenix is dying. After dying so many times in people's body, and after bounding so much with Jean in a level to have even her feelings, she couldn't stand with Scott death by Doom. He didn't go to the White Hot Room because Phoenix is too weak. With the Phoenix dying, all of their souls would be gone forever. The adult Jean is crying. Not for herself, but for Scott, for Rachel and for Jeen. Jean and Jeen see's that the only way to stop all of this is if they go back to earth when there still time, so she could save some of them and Scott., So all the Jeans bound their soul, and became just one. She talks to the Phoenix, that at this time looks like a poor dying bird. She says everything will be ok, that she can fix everything for the last time. She realizes that she don't even say "us" anymore, because she and the Phoenix already see each others as the same beings.
    That way, Jean absorbs all the Phoenix power in her body. The white hot room is destroyed, all the eggs that existed in other earths, alternate futures, everything is gone, and the Phoenix bird can be seen in Jean eyes, she have the traditional White Phoenix outfit but with fire wings(like fire in a wings form, but actual wings being on fire). In that moment, Jeen wakes up. But she doesn't look like Jeen anymore, she looks like the White Phoenix. She have her adult body and she looks exactly like the original Jean did the last time the X-Men saw her. So the X-Men realise, that the original Jean that they all know is back, and so is Rachel.
    She knows that she can ressurect people, but always when she does that, a fragment/piece of the Phoenix inside her will die. Everyone is shocked, but happy to see them. She purifies the mist in a way that she can still awake the new inhumans, but doesn't hurt anyone. She ressurects Scott, Emma, Logan, and most of the mutants that died. With that, half of the Phoenix power is already gone. Storm invites her to be the director of the school. She accepts, and also became a Telekinesis and Telepathic professor. The Scott's are confused. Is she Jeen or the original Jean? She explains everything to them, and says that even if she and Jeen are now completely the same, the other O4 doesn't have to be. She asks them if they wanna go back to the past. If she use the Phoenix powers to do that, they won't change the timeline or live everything until they became their adultselfs of that world, but would create whole new timeline with a different future. They are worried, but at the end they accept. Jean goes with them to make them go home safely. There, she talks to Xavier. He's surprise to see how Jean growns up and the woman she became, than they talk. She saids that even with him being a great professor, he can't totally control the kids. She mentally shows him the entire situation, he understand, and choose to not wipe their minds or anything, that way, the whole O5 plot is fixed. I imagine that they could still have their own book showing them in that new reality, with most of the basics X-Men events, sagas and stuff happening in a total different way. That would probably please everyone who thinks that the X-Franchise is ruined, the O4 kinda have the same opiniong and would to the best they can to make the things happen in a better way.
    PS: This probably have some ugly english mistakes, but I'm brazilian and not really fluent, sorry for that.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 09-17-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Use Tempus to reset everything back to Claremont's era. That should do it...

Incredible Member

Fix the relationship between the remaining O5. Honestly, the only thing I dislike about revolutionary Cyclops is the fallout with Beast. And finally let Cyclops have full, long-term control over his powers. It's time, dangit!

Give Longshot and Spiral prominent roles.

I'm really hoping Marvel does something with them post-SW.

Extraordinary Member

I'd probably move to a more mystic focus for a while, with Sinister thrown in. Eventually it'd go back to the equal rights main plot, but why not try something different for a while.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Make Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men but with Emma Frost instead of Wolverine so she can actually teach the damn kids like she wants to but is never allowed to by the writers.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Depends on if you mean in general or with this mist plot.

Either way with the whole universe if I could do whatever I wanted without editor saying no is this :

Send the O5 home. Have the x-men me superheroes again and not just sit as teachers in,school and not doing anything. I would have the x-men hidden on the run backs against the wall, not sitting where everyone knows their location aka JGS.

If I had to use the mist plot the above would be the same except I would actually have known mutants die to give credi to the threat rather then no names. While I like some,students I'd kill off a,bunch that are already in comic limbo anyway. I'll have magneto for his team like he's doing in uncanny cable for his team storm have her team and if they can't work with Scott have his team with goals to help mankind but I'd drop the arrhate Crap. I'd haveultiple teams using the characters from all over like x-men new mutants xforce Gen x etc.
    X-Men Forever

Well, the first thing that i would do is to move the X-men to Mars, away from the MCU characters.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Make the X-men a family again, and start telling long-lasting and compelling stories and not stories that forget their own continuity between arcs and throw out or forget anything the writer doesn't like even if it makes up the foundation of what kind of story that's currently being told!

I would deactivate all of my social media.

And then I would write whatever story I felt passionate about telling regardless of what people think or how they react.

I really disagree with comic book readers who say "the fans don't want this, so it should be different" or some other iteration of that. I can honestly say I would rather a writer wrote a story I don't like than to write a story just to please people. The writer needs to have some integrity and respect for his own craft- and I would try to do that if I were the writer.

Start by establishing some consistent rules on how the general public perceives mutants. For starters:
    *People distrust ALL superpowered people because of mutant fear. No favoritism because someone got mutated by cosmic rays or a radioactive spider. It's all or nothing.
    *People can attack mutants on the street IF they know that he is one. If the mutant is still perfectly able to pass off as a normal human and never says or does anything to prove otherwise, he logically should not be attacked.

Second, get rid of all the current fracturing, in-fighting, and splinter-groups. Currently, the X-Men are so petty and spiteful towards each other that they'll kill each other over the theft of the last pudding cup. If they're EVER going to have a chance at peaceful co-existence with humans, they need to be ONE group again.

Third, no more of this "Xavier is a creepy old pervert" BS. The man is supposed to be a pillar of his community, and I'm sick of seeing Marvel tear it down for cheap shock value.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I will do complete mess of story!!!

XD

I'm better creating new characters... if I could, I will love there be a story about new characters that are combinations of existing characters...

Like Laura J. Lee (Laura and Jubilee combination), Ororo Grey (Storm and Jean), Bell Xavier (Professor X and Tempus, imagine a time traveler with telepath powers XD), Logan Summers (Wolvie and Cyke), etc...

I did one in Jubilation Nation post:

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    I know... I loved Tim and Jubes relationship!!!

Here is my idea how will be that mix:

Jubilation Kinney was a normal lively Chinese girl with green eyes, she lived in California with her loving parents until she was 13 years old. She was a normal girl except she had claws that came from her hands and foot, she hear about mutants and how they were hated by society, that is why she were really careful do not show her claws. She also tend to heal faster than any other people.

Still, her parents loved her. She used to ask her parents from which family member she inherited her green eyes, a color strange for her race, but her parents never told her. She used to have nightmares, about a place with white tall walls and she was killing animals, she didn’t want to hurt the animals, but her body didn’t answer her, she used to wake up in tears.

One day, when she was 13 years old, coming back from her gymnastics courses she found the house open, inside were the death bodies of her parents and mysterious men with white clothes next to the bodies. They tried to capture her, but since young she was fast. In a moment, out of desperation, she badly hurt one of the men with her claws, scaring her about how much damage she could do.

She wanted to go away from there but didn’t want to hurt any of these bad men, she was angry because they killed her parents and her body was screaming for these men blood, but her heart didn’t want to kill, she controlled this impulse as much as she could, but was not easy to escape and try to control her body need for blood, and then is when it happened, from her claws light came and many little fireworks begin to explode around her, blinding the men in white.

She run and run until she arrived to a forest next to the mall, a place where she could hide herself. She begin to cry, her parents were death, and some strange men were searching for her and her aunt Hope was out of the country who knows where.

She lived in that forest, and went to the mall to steal food and take bath in the restroom, while in the forest she began to train with her claws and that new power, even though she always had the claws, her parents taught her do never use them, now she needed to know how to use it without hurting people, and how to stop the impulse of innocents blood that her body was asking her, after all, the few times she lost the control she destroyed all the trees near her.

She began to do some shows with her firework near of the mall, she hid her face while doing the show and be sure to use some gloves in order the people believe the claws were part of them, after all, she couldn’t use the fireworks without the claws.

One day her body reacted in a strange way, like an animal near of a depredator, like her body was asking her to kill or be killed. She tried to find the source of that sensation and discovered it was a man who make her react like that. He looked wild and without understanding why she begin to follow him.

After some minutes, she lost his trace, but something worse happened, the men in white found her and they used a gas that make her sleepy. She was trying do not sleep when that mysterious man appeared an attacked the men in white, the last thing she saw before she lost consciousness was that man had claws like her.

She wake-up in a big elegant room, scared that she was in these men in white hands she went to the windows only to see something incredible, outside, several young people were using mutant powers, they were having fun playing with some kind of ball and using their powers.

She felt someone behind her to see a beautiful black woman with a fire red hair color “welcome to the Xavier-Grey institute for special learning”. Jubilation was not sure if that woman was part of the men in white, but something inside her told her to follow that women and believe her.

She met the man with claws and she learn the true about herself, she was an experiment to create the perfect killer when an international assassin called Hope rescued her from the laboratory after she killed all the scientist. Her mission was kill everybody there, specially the experiments, but she decided to let her live.

After that she took her to her brother, a doctor, who checked on her and the genetic alterations in her body and her sister in law, a psychologist who helped the little girl to forget. Soon after, the marriage decided to adopt her and give her a normal life, until the men that gave money to the experiment found she was alive.

Thanks to the help of these people, she found the people who killed her parents, she almost killed them but stopped, she decided that the worse revenge she can do against these people is do not be assassin, and in front of these people she promised that she will NEVER kill anyone in her life.

Jubilation Kinney is a hyperactive girl who is always happy and love to annoy all people, but this was more in order to hide the darkness inside her and to control that thirst of blood. She was always with the man with claws, he was her mentor and like a father, he taught her how to control her claws and she taught him how to love and live freely from his horrible past.

Jubilation Kinney powers:

- She has metal claws
    - “Fireworks” that comes from her claws, she can disintegrate matter in an atomic level in she uses this power with her claws.
    - Her mind is string against telepaths
    - She can heal faster than any human
    - She has vampire DNA and is from this DNA she has her speed and some other abilities she still need to discover, but also her thirst of blood.
    Only that I changed her name to Laura J. Lee!!!

1. Make the X-Men their own brand again and not an annex of whatever Marvel Cinematic Universe property DisMarvel wants to push.
    2. Make the X-Men a family again.
    3. Bring back the real Jean Grey.

I'm a man of simple tastes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Demand a legally binding contract that allows the group I am writing to not be swept up in whatever Avengers event that is being pushed next - duration to be as long as I am under contract. If it gets broken everything is broken, especially any 'gag orders' on the backroom hijinks.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Make the O5 advance Doombots that were planted by Doom to study the X-Men and have Cyclops and his X Team destroy them and have Eva Bell teleport the team back to O5 time where the team saves the real O5 from Dr. Doom and only gives them the way of preventing Doom from starting Battleworld and the Professor reads Cyclops' mind and tells him he forgives him.

Cyclops and his team then go to the present to become mutant vigilantes trying to stop all mutant hate crimes. Storm is head of the school and actually taking care of them. Also have Dazzler do a tour with some young mutants as her backup band and they solve crime along the way.