Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Damn, seeing Wasp there makes me want to see her inside the book as well.

this looks terrible, who is this suppose to appeal to? horrible art, very weak team composition. not to mention these character designs are the worst i have seen in a long time. quicksilver looks like an art project straight out of kindergarten class. what the heck?

if physical comics were still a thing, this would be in the 25cent bins real quick

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's because they've abandoned the premise of it being an even mix of Avengers and X-Men. The tagline is "Fighting for humanity, Inhumanity, mutants, and Deadpool." The idea is a team representing the various facets of the Marvel Universe as opposed to just being about the X-Men.
    Is it inappropriate for me to make an #AllLivesMatter joke? Because it seems the Avengers are missing the point of Uncanny Avengers.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 09-18-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this looks terrible, who is this suppose to appeal to? horrible art, very weak team composition. not to mention these character designs are the worst i have seen in a long time. quicksilver looks like an art project straight out of kindergarten class. what the heck?

if physical comics were still a thing, this would be in the 25cent bins real quick
    Honestly I think this book will do just fine. Between having Spider-Man and Deadpool on the roster, and having Avengers slapped on the cover I think they're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think this book will do just fine. Between having Spider-Man and Deadpool on the roster, and having Avengers slapped on the cover I think they're good to go.
    i've seen pizza hut comics with better production value than this

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Is it inappropriate for me to make an #AllLivesMatter joke? Because it seems the Avengers are missing the point of Uncanny Avengers.
    The point of Uncanny was for mutants to roll over and do what Steve Rogers or the Avengers demand. That's why Havok left the team, even if he had to be inverted to stand up to Rogers's prejudice. Let them replace mutants with Inhumans. Maybe they'll lick Rogers's boot better...

...Oh. I guess I'm definitely not buying this book, am I? I didn't even realize I felt that way...

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i've seen pizza hut comics with better production value than this
    We'll see. Like I said, I think it'll do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    The point of Uncanny was for mutants to roll over and do what Steve Rogers or the Avengers demand. That's why Havok left the team, even if he had to be inverted to stand up to Rogers's prejudice. Let them replace mutants with Inhumans. Maybe they'll lick Rogers's boot better...

...Oh. I guess I'm definitely not buying this book, am I? I didn't even realize I felt that way...
    I think the actual reason he left the team was because he was inverted and decided it was a good idea to destroy the rest of humanity along with the rest of his inverted buddies. Steve wasn't the REAL problem there.

But as far as incorporating Inhumans... why not? The notion of unity can extend beyond mutants to Inhumans too. Given potential tension between Inhumans and Mutants at the moment, it's probably important to try and set an example by showing all of the above working together. Makes sense to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the actual reason he left the team was because he was inverted and decided it was a good idea to destroy the rest of humanity along with the rest of his inverted buddies. Steve wasn't the REAL problem there.

But as far as incorporating Inhumans... why not? The notion of unity can extend beyond mutants to Inhumans too. Given potential tension between Inhumans and Mutants at the moment, it's probably important to try and set an example by showing all of the above working together. Makes sense to me at least.
    I'm okay with synapse, but I'd still rather see an inhuman that people know on this team, like gorgon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Because we liked Stegman's old art style from Scarlet Spider a lot better.
    His work on scarlet and superior were both amazing. I just don't think this was such a huge drastic change that people are goign from 13/10 to -3/10

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, I wasn't aware the mutants were a result of extraterrestrial manipulation; but the more I hear, the more I wonder why we need both groups.
    Mutants (and the F4, and Spidey, and ...) being made by Celestials happens just in Earth X, where even the asgardians were the evolution of mutants. That history was confirmed over and over to be only canon in the reality of the Earth X series and will not spill over to the Main MU. Here Mutants are the result of freaky evolution, Inhumans were made by Kree mad science and asgardians are gods, not super omega mutants with amnesia.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I really not diggin the art.... at all.

Did they change the inhuman-newcomer codename from Psynapse to Synapse or it's just a typo on the solicit?
    It was Synapse from the start, psynapse i started to see in the forums when people found out that there was a inhuman villain named that, then the dumb comparisons with Betsy started...

I'm sorry I haven't read the whole thread, is that Peter Parker, Spider-Man.

What I'm fine about is that Steve Rogers is at complete odds with Captain America Sam, so we need to find out what the split is, and how serious that is. This book may give some insight into what has broken this relationship, and if it is a clue as to what this new Universe is all about.

I like the New Avengers idea of having Songbird helping young ones in a group dynamic. This fits right into her development to becoming a nurturing patent figure. We've missed her since the Dark Reign when Osburn pushed her into being an itinerant. If Sam is in charge of the NA we'll need to know the difference between the approach of these two teams.
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-18-2015 at 05:48 PM.