Sodapop
    Darrel
    Two-bit
    Johnny
    Dallas
    Steve
    Tim
    Do it for Johnny!!!

Black Lightning : Founder, leader. Big Gun.
    Green Arrow : Money-man and second-in-command (does he still have money?)
    Katana : Deadliest member and a bit of a wildcard since she might be nuts (a mix of Go-go Yubari and "Sin City's" Miho)
    Rebis : yeah, Rebis - not Negative Man. Enigmatic touchstone for the weird and supernatural.
    The Question (Vic Sage) : The investigator.
    Manhunter (Kate Spencer) : Legal counsel, all-around badass. Conflicted about her role on the team, but she and Black Lightning have a connection ... an attraction...
    Obsidian : Rebooted somehow - not sure how exactly...
    Dr Pieter Cross (support) : Occasionally lends a hand as Dr Mid-Nite but mostly functions as field medic while servicing the misbegotten of his city.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-17-2015 at 05:29 PM.

BANNED

Resurrection Man
    Blue Devil
    Talon
    Catwoman
    The Unknown Solder
    Mister Miracle
    Big Barda
    Shade The Changing Man

I have to agree that Green Arrow is a good fit here.

The Outsiders
    Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
    Son of Vulcan (Johnny Mann)
    Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)
    The Guardian (Mal Duncan)
    Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
    Vibe (Francisco Ramon)
    Witchfire (Rebecca Carstairs)
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Some really cool teams, guys.
    I'm surprised so few chose classic characters like Halo and Geoforce. GF almost made the cut for my team, but the team was already bigger than I wanted (8 members and I wanted only 7 :/ ) but Halo never really interested me, I don't know why. Looks like I'm not the only one.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Black Lightning
    Black Orchid
    Nightshade
    Grace
    Ragman
    Katana
    Vibe
    Gypsy

Gypsy finds out that her people are intent on invading earth so she enlists Vibe to help her gather some people to fend off the invasion...the group they end up with is not quite what she was hoping for...

Amazing Member

Naif al-Sheikh - An associate of Batman , who has been working deep in the shadows of the worlds espionage community , now coming out into the light as he has evidence of a major conspiracy , that he needs to combat.
    Bilial Asselah - Batmans other representative , grates with Naif due to his lapsed Muslim beliefs , but comes to work with and see him as a father figure , and provides Naif with emotional release years of deep cover spywork has pent up.
    Tom Tressor - Another operator in the world of espionage , but this time was an opponent of Naifs , but also now convinced of the major plot threatening the world.

This cast would be my main three , then a revolving cast , some associated with the old outsiders , incliding Metamorpho and Katana.

In this version of Thr Outsiders , the conspiracy is mainly perpetuated by Vandal Savage , who has been laying plans for years , from establishing the Court of Owls in Gotham , to bringing the Waynes over to America.
    What is his final goal....

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Since Batman isn't leaving the JL anytime soon and the new 52 Outsiders were actually introduced in the Green Arrow book, I'd center my team around GA as well.
    Oliver would create a new team of Ousiders to right the wrongs of the previous iteration and fight corruption in the world.
    The new Outsiders would basically become a black-ops counterpart to the Justice League.

My team:

Each member would add something different to the team:

Green Arrow: team founder, would be responsible for assigning most of the missions, providing the team with useful tech and acting as field leader most of the time.
    Katana: the second in command and the most skilled hand-to-hand combatant of the team. Some members wouldn't trust her because they'd think she was crazy. They wouldn't be totally wrong.
    Simon Baz: former member of the government-sponsored JLA like Oliver and Katana, Simon would join the Outsiders because of his lack of trust in the ability of governments to truly keep world peace and not just fight for their own.
    Black Lightning: the most relatable and down to Earth of the bunch, he'd be the team's heart.
    Sister Superior (Vera Black) and Manitou Dawn: two relatively obscure former JLElite members. I added them because I think they're great characters and each would bring a lot to the team. Dawn would be the team's magic user and Vera Black would be the team's "Cyborg" in that she'd provide intel and cool tech. She would be the main resistance to Ollie's leadership and would have useful government contacts.
    Grace would be the "muscle" and sort of another rebellious figure. She'd have been kicked out of Paradise Island and the Outsiders would give her purpose in life.
    Metamorpho would be the last addition and would help make the team feel more like the classic iteration. His powers would be very useful for the secret missions.

This team is not completely finished. I'm still toying with the idea of adding Midnighter and maybe Hawksmoor, but I didn't want the team to get too big and I think maybe Midnighter would overshadow some of the others.
    As someone else stated, I'd be all over this book with this roster. Well done. I don't know that I have a better roster in mind.

BANNED

Batman( he should be leader and founder but only show up occasionally)
    Metaporpho
    Geo-Force
    Katana
    Halo
    Black Lightening
    Plus 2 other characters that writers wish to use,it wouldn't exactly be the Outsiders if just a random group of heroes were used instead of the originals.

Kevin Nash and Scott Hall...jk

I choose:
    Technocrat
    Metamorpho
    Katana
    Terra
    Red Hood (Jason Todd)
    Looker
    Creeper

BANNED

Batwoman
    Geo-Force
    Black Lightning
    Metamorpho
    Halo
    Katana
    Firestorm (Madison Payne and Ronnie Raymond)

I think I would actually tie the Outsiders to Spyral and include Green Arrow, Black Canary and some Wildstorm characters.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Batman,Green Arrow and The Question .

The Justice League's clandestine operations unit. Dealing with threats that the public can't know about and that the Justice League can't be seen involving themselves in. Sort of like the set up for Cartoon Network's Young Justice.

Grayson, Dick Grayson. Agent 37
    Power Girl. Karen Starr Get her back to Prime Earth. I could also see Supergirl here, but I'd like to stay away from people are so clearly derivative of bigger heroes.
    Zatanna
    Green Arrow
    Martian Manhunter

All fairly big names that have supported an ongoing in the past, if not right now. Four characters known to be fairly fun with Martian Manhunter who provides the inverse of comic relief for the team. Being sort of a black ops or clandestine team provides a reason for the powerhouses to keep a low profile until stuff gets out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by doctormistermaster View Post
    I think I would actually tie the Outsiders to Spyral and include Green Arrow, Black Canary and some Wildstorm characters.
    I like it. How so?