Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED
    Last edited by Sansomon; 10-04-2015 at 07:58 AM.

I would choose:

-Red Hood
    -Black Lightning
    -Grace Choi
    -Metamorpho
    -Indigo
    -Wildcat III/Tommy Bronson
    -Tula
    -Katana

Jason can serve as the Bat-connection for me without actually having Batman be on the team. Plus him being an "Outlaw" already makes him feel like an Outsider to me. I would have liked for the DCnU 52 to have kept Black Lightning a little older so as to be able to include Thunder, but I'm warming up to the idea of him being de-aged somewhat. He would be the responsible one of the team, the one you can trust to keep a level-head and honest heart. Grace would be the muscle, but I would tweak her slightly. She would still be loud and charismatic, but beneath all that is a former Bana-Amazon warrior. Metamorpho and Indigo are there simply because they are both extremely versatile in their abilities and I like the romance the two of them had. Indie also adds her intelligence while Rex adds his humor. Wildcat and Tula would be new; with Tommy as the rookie who everyone sees a little of themselves in and Tula as the devoted soldier, torn between her personal beliefs and her loyalty to Atlantis. I would like for her and Black Lightning to develop a relationship. And finally Katana, another old school member who adds a certain level of seriousness to the team. I think she would be the one that creeps everyone out just a tad, but they still like her.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Cool idea having the Outsiders be Jason's team. I like it! It would be a great next step in his development.

Going with the idea of Outsiders being Jason's team, I'm thinking a team that's more rough and tumble rather than just "not ready for JLA players":
    -- Red Hood
    -- Arsenal (has and Jason are the "Blue and Gold" of this lineup)
    -- Katana
    -- Vigilante (a rebooted Adrian Chase)
    -- Grace Choi
    -- Shade the Changing Man
    -- Black Condor (John Trujillo - the one with the Mohawk)

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Here's my idea for an Outsiders team:
    Red Hood
    Arsenal
    Grifter
    Frankenstein
    Grace
    Huntress
    Zatanna
    Powergirl
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

I love Winnicks outsiders team but without all the history of the post crisis continuity there's really no reason to use all those characters and templates.
    The most popular and successful incarnation of the Outsiders was always the group Batman led. I'd just use the classic lineup and have them be a group of heroes batman is training to do things that he can't do as a member of the JL
    Batman
    Katana
    Metamorpho
    Halo
    Black Lightning

BANNED

Batman
    Eradicator
    Geoforce
    Katana
    Halo
    Metamorpho
    Black Lightning
    Wylde
    Dervish
    Looker
    Sebastian Faust
    Grace Choi

RedHood
    Arsenal
    Frankenstien
    Grifter
    Batwoman
    Zatanna
    Resurection Man

I would pit them against Helspont as the big bad, and also work in the bits of mystical stuff that the RedHood has in his past now. This would rock!

All-New Member

Captain Atom (Team leader and powerhouse. Revamped to more closely resemble the charlton origin and look.)
    The Question (Vic Sage a faceless detective. Also there would be a sub plot of him looking for a replacement due to is fatal hart condition. )
    Blue Beetle (Ted Kord a young and fun loving inventor/adventurer. Financial backing for the team.)
    Black Lightning (Field leader, the Batman to Cap's Superman. )
    Vixen (Strong and independent, the Wolverine of the team.)
    Metamorpho (Comic relief and versatile power set.)
    Nightshade (Captain Atom's love interest; also a double agent for the league of assassins. )
    Last edited by Thunder Agent; 10-09-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Floyd Lawton/Deadshot
    Argent
    Cheshire
    Volcana
    Jack Ryder/Creeper
    Killer Croc
    Red X

My idea for an Outsiders team starts with the current DC Universe comic debut of Argent. Argent tracks down Deadshot after researching his time as a leader for the Suicide Squad and suggests the two form a team similar to Suicide Squad but this time free of government surveillance to take on black op missions of their own choosing and monetary goals. The Outsider members are mostly semi-reforming rogues or anti-heroes.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

pandora
    azrael (Jean Paul valley full power not mental)
    booster gold ( new 52 )
    blue beetle ( Ted Kord )
    Constantine
    Damian wayne ( age i think maybe 14 or 15 would be ok)
    Cassandra Cain Batgirl

Azrael- leader because he is badass and ultra strong
    Damian wayne- the one who keeps azrael in line and acts as Dick Grayson to batman
    Cassandra Cain-hell good fighter could take a love interest in Jean Paul Valley
    blue beetle and booster gold- the buddy cop pair who are inseparable like GL and Flash
    Pandora and Constantine- they will have a love interest in each other both are jl dark members with powers
    not sure about pandora though?

Astonishing Member

Alt reality and timeline hi jinx in play here

Black Lightning- Team leader, Original member rational even tempered guy you'd hope for in a super hero.... and lets give hima decent head of hair.

Aqua Man- Bearded harpoon version.He's never seemed to feel at home in Atlantis to

Red Tornado- Seeking to better understand humans as your nicer androids frequently are. Reddy gets his Phd in Psychology and functions as the team counseler. He really has become quite adept as a therapist but it hasn't helped his ability to connect with people that much.

Alisia the Green Lantern, 19-21 yrs old.- Some mysterious maguffin causes Alisia to become obsessed with Earth so she migrates here to protect it Perhaps something estranges her from her home world and or The Guardians. Maybe there's some comedy in her becoming obseesed with various pop culture fads trends and goo gaws :

Actually for me Outsiders is one of those teams that calls out for a smaller roster So..... Lessee

Black Lightning
    Red Tornado
    Miss Martian
    Alisia
    Batwoman( Cassandra)
    Shadowbat( Terry)
    Atom( Ryan)
    Max Mercury
    Jason Blood.

Batwoman( Cassandra) The old New BatGirl of course. Her traumatic childhood and subsequent experiences with the Bat Family have made her into an interesting character and is good at beating up villains and other super heroic tasks

Miss Martian- The only nice White Martian we've met. So....what has she been up to? Oh maybe taking some time off from super heroing to create a new secret identity and become a wildly popular actress and becoming just a little spoiled and jaded Untill a rival actress( who has no gripe against earth incidently. Just wants to be a movie star) also turns out to be a White Martian blackmails her out of the business and her money

Geo Force and sister Terra- It occurred to me that it would be kind of nice to have them work together on a team. Only this is a Terra from a parallel Earth or Alt Time line where Geo Force died a murderous traitor so.... they want to bond and love one another but there are trust issues

Shadowbat(Terry Mcguiness) Some Maguffin tosses Terry back in time. Actually it will be different versions that are tossed back and forth: One that is Very Green, Another with a couple of years , The older angry Terry who (has some questions damnit!) from that Justice League episode and yet another version who is inpart like Man Bat but has somehow been fused or cyborged together with Terry's Batman suit.

Booster Gold- Some maguffin has befallen Booster that he believes and has a full set of memories of having grown up in the Jazz age and just happening upon all his super gear some way or another and of being tossed forward in time. Keeps calling Terry "Ted" perhaps he keeps calling everybody "Ted"

Max Mercury- Zen Master Speedster from the Flash comic. Cool and Obscure. Thought he'd be a good fit

Atom- Ryan Choi.- Damned cool character Cool powers. Science guy. I think I's make him and Red Tornado Best Friends.

Guest star/ Replacement members would include Bloodwynd, Triumph, Tim Drake, Polar Boy, Maxima, Metamorpho, Halo , Katana, Looker Tasmanian Devil, and Strange Visitor

The popping in and out of characters from different realities would happen to all the team members every once in a while and VERY frequently with Terry. Usually they will have been plucked from a scenario pretty similar to the one that The team find themselves in. Also the entire team would find itself plucked from its home reality to address some villainy, malfeasance or littering in some Elseworld
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 10-24-2015 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Roster too big!!!!

The main issue with the Outsiders have always been that they lacked an identity besides 'Batman's team'. They had the vague-as-hell moniker of being the team that does that thing that JLA wouldn't or being a proactive team but I don't think the writers ever had a good grasp of what that entailed. If you want a morally ambiguous team or go all the way and do a villain led team then you have the Suicide Squad or the Secret Six for that. If you want to do a spy team with ties to the Bat Family then you have the Birds of Prey. If you add Dick Grayson and have him bring all his buddies in then you basically just have Teen Titans or Titans 2.0. If you want a team of magic users then there is already Justice League Dark, the Sentinels of Magic and the Trenchcoat Brigade.

The most important step before coming up with member is deciding what the team is going to be about and it has to set itself from every other team in the DCU.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly