Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    But they have the Gotham Knights name for that.
    I think DC should try making the Outsiders more independent from Batman if they ever hope to be a strong IP on their own.
    ^^^Thats a good point, but it’s just fun to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    But they have the Gotham Knights name for that.
    I think DC should try making the Outsiders more independent from Batman if they ever hope to be a strong IP on their own.
    Agreed.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Agreed.

Peace
    ^^^Factor’s idea can be implemented in SO many different ways!
    Some questions that come to mind; Who would build the team? Would they have Batman’s blessing? How would Batman react to things if he hadn’t signed off on it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Factor’s idea can be implemented in SO many different ways!
    Some questions that come to mind; Who would build the team? Would they have Batman’s blessing? How would Batman react to things if he hadn’t signed off on it?
    I doubt Batman would give his blessing and he'd take things badly if he didn't give his approval.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I doubt Batman would give his blessing and he'd take things badly if he didn't give his approval.
    ^^^Mwahahaaaa!!!

I like the idea of Green Arrow leading the team as much as I like the idea of Black Canary being his moral compass.
    Original members Katana and Metamorpho.
    Vixen, because she needs to be on a team, and I think she would work better outside of the JL constraints.
    Rookies Vibe and Gypsy....both these kids have A LOT of potential!
    Finally, the original Creeper...I think it would be fun to see him get under everyone’s skin, but especially Ollie’s!
    So, to recap:
    GREEN ARROW
    BLACK CANARY
    KATANA
    METAMORPHO
    VIXEN
    VIBE
    GYPSY
    CREEPER

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I like the idea of Green Arrow leading the team as much as I like the idea of Black Canary being his moral compass.
    Vixen, because she needs to be on a team, and I think she would work better outside of the JL constraints.
    Finally, the original Creeper...I think it would be fun to see him get under everyone’s skin, but especially Ollie’s!
    So, to recap:
    GREEN ARROW
    BLACK CANARY
    KATANA
    METAMORPHO
    VIXEN
    VIBE
    GYPSY
    CREEPER
    ^^^Damn that’s a good lineup!

Astonishing Member

Batman( Terry)
    Green Arrow- Ollie
    Powergirl Karen Starr)
    Huntress
    Metamorpho
    Katana
    Black Lightning
    Damage( Unhulked)
    Jessica Cruz
    Matter Eater Lad
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 04-02-2023 at 02:07 PM.

I feel like the roster should not be Leaguers or Leaguer adjacent characters because they have a place where they are showcased. I prefer the Outsiders comprise lesser known characters (outsiders!).

Kimiyo
    Looker
    Technocrat or Hardware
    Dervish or Photon
    Perhaps some of the Soyuz members
    Red Star or Power Girl (Tanya Spears and not no stretchy powered one)
    Wylde
    Faust
    Halo
    Thunder
    Lightning
    Grace Choi

This seemed a great place to post this.

This disparate group of characters have one commonality that’s brought them together as The Outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    So, to recap:
    GREEN ARROW
    BLACK CANARY
    KATANA
    METAMORPHO
    VIXEN
    VIBE
    GYPSY
    CREEPER
    Yeah, I'd read the hell out of this line-up.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

From the way it looks to me most people seem to agree the core of the team should be Green Arrow. Metamorpho, Black Lightning, and Vixen. Those 4 seem to be the ones coming up the most often.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    This seemed a great place to post this.

LOVED IT!

Peace

I posted this line-up before, but I was not completely satisfied with the team's chemestry. Found there were still a couple of things missing. Found two new additions for the team, and a lesser commitment of two others. It's still a team of completly new names to the Outsiders, with mostly blank slates that we can freely toy with, and only a couple of more recognizable names.

The New Outsiders: The new Outsiders are created when Nemesis, Gangbuster and Spoiler help free a group of meta-human kids that were being trafficked to other countries and even planets by Intergang, to become super-powered slaves. The duo is aided by a wounded Zauriel and Deadman, and some of the kids they’ve freed, having nowhere to go, stick around to help bring down Intergang’s operation.

• Nemesis – Tom Tresser. The mind behind the New Outsiders, however, Tresser prefers to be kept out of the spotlight, so not all the members of the Outsiders are aware of his presence, even though he is the one that funds the operation. Occasionally joins the team in one of his disguises. Marksman, master of disguise and of hand to hand combat.
    • Gangbuster – José Delgado. The field leader of the Outsiders, and the father-figure to the younger members. An Olympic level athlete, Delgado has a padded suit with an array of non-lethal weapons. He also has a chip in his spine to heal an injury, and this chip has been modified to enhance his strength and reflexes to almost super-human levels. Delgado didn't need much convincing to go to the aid of a group of kids in need of his help.
    • Spoiler – Stephanie Brown. Steph’s path crosses with Gangbuster’s when he is hot on the trail of the traffic of meta-human kids. Though suspecting that the coincidental encounter was engineered by Nemesis, she nonetheless decides to stay with José and the kids after they are rescued. Experienced beyond her years, Steph becomes to mother-hen of the group, even though she is barely a few years older then most of them, and even younger then a few of them. Having served and trained with most of the Bat-Family, she is the one who suggests the name Outsiders for the team.
    • Maxi-Man – Henry Hayes. When he lost his battle at Roulette’s Fight Club, a nearly dead Maxi-Man was sold to Intergang, where he was mercilessly submitted to various experiments, including the duplication of his abilities to sell to the highest bidder, however, the first subject to receive these abilities proved to be a somewhat subpar version of the original product. Hayes is freed by the Outsiders and offers his services to the team, proving to be a great boon with his vast super-strength, which the experiments seem to have increased even further. Despite all he has gone through, Henry’s outlook of life still seems to be very positive.
    • Inferno – Sandy Anderson. An exile from the 31st century, Inferno, while not a very pleasant person, is a great addition to the team, not only with her ability to generate and control fire, but also with her knowledge of advanced technology.
    • Misfit – Charlotte Gage Radcliffe. Her upbeat personality is a huge contrast to Mongrel and Inferno’s more sour and somber ones. Has some limited mystical powers, which allow her to, among other things, teleport and heal her own wounds.
    • Zauriel – The fallen angel was found severely wounded by Gangbuster and Spoiler, and, knowing that he may need help against whoever it was that attacked him, joins them in their mission. With his heavenly abilities, Zauriel is probably the Outsiders’ heaviest hitter. Winged flight, super-strength, toughness, healing abilities, sonic scream, mystical senses and a flaming sword.
    • Mongrel – Josh Xan. A rebel and an outcast, Josh forms a strong bond with Delgado, who becomes the father figure he never had. His devastating dark energy power blasts make him an adversary to be feared.
    • Deadman – Boston Brand. Brand joins the group when they find a wounded Zauriel (in fact, Brand is the one who leads them to him), and decides to stick around when he finds out that the fallen angel is not the only one in the team who can see and hear him in his ghostly form. He develops a strong connection with Misfit, whose magical based abilities allow her to interact with him. With his ghostly abilities, Deadman is the best advance scout the team could ask for, as well as quite a dangerous player with his ability to possess others. Having his own mission to fulfill on Earth, Boston is not always with the team.

Aside from dealing with Intergang, the team will also have to deal with the heavenly threat who attacked Zauriel, and will delve into the mystery of the origins of Misfit (I liked quite a lot Gail Simone’s idea of her being an exiled Rubi princess from Gem World). Plus, what other missions might Nemesis have for them? Will the former Outsiders have a problem with a team of newbies going around carrying their name? And who is after Inferno, and “when” do they come from?

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 04-10-2023 at 04:16 PM.