Black Lightning
    The Creeper
    Metamorpho
    Looker
    Katana
    Grace Choi

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I like it. How so?
    I am thinking it would be an espionage story that takes disparate characters from the DCU and ties them together into various missions. The hook would be that the agents can not know who they are working with. Kathy Kane or Helena Bertinelli would be the field leader and the only one aware of the various team members. Thus the characters will have to be creative in using their powers as to not reveal their identities. As recurring characters I would also have a Mr. and Mrs. Smith plot centered around Arrow and Canary.

Sorry if that isn't paticualarly exciting but I kinda cobbled the idea together spur of the moment. I also don't have an exact line up in mind but would imagine a rotating cast.
    Last edited by doctormistermaster; 09-20-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

I still want the Outsiders to be 'Batman's team'. I find the team to be a much better concept than Batman Inc. For my version, I imagine them to be a street level team; they operate in the shadows, they could be solving a murder mystery one day but then find themselves fighting a shadowy terrorist organization the next and then later get caught up in the weird fantastical situations that occupy a superhero universe.

My roster for this team includes:

Black Lightning (co-leader)
    Batman (co-leader)
    Katana
    Green Arrow
    Lady Blackhawk
    Black Canary

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I still want the Outsiders to be 'Batman's team'. I find the team to be a much better concept than Batman Inc. For my version, I imagine them to be a street level team; they operate in the shadows, they could be solving a murder mystery one day but then find themselves fighting a shadowy terrorist organization the next and then later get caught up in the weird fantastical situations that occupy a superhero universe.

My roster for this team includes:

Black Lightning (co-leader)
    Batman (co-leader)
    Katana
    Green Arrow
    Lady Blackhawk
    Black Canary
    Totally forgot about Lady B!! I would love for them to bring her back, but more like she was in the pre-flashpoint universe and not 52'd. She needs to be her time lost, wise cracking, looking for a brawl and a drink, ace pilot old self! Convergence would be an excellent way to get her back too!

Quote Originally Posted by doctormistermaster View Post
    I am thinking it would be an espionage story that takes disparate characters from the DCU and ties them together into various missions. The hook would be that the agents can not know who they are working with. Kathy Kane or Helena Bertinelli would be the field leader and the only one aware of the various team members. Thus the characters will have to be creative in using their powers as to not reveal their identities. As recurring characters I would also have a Mr. and Mrs. Smith plot centered around Arrow and Canary.

Sorry if that isn't paticualarly exciting but I kinda cobbled the idea together spur of the moment. I also don't have an exact line up in mind but would imagine a rotating cast.
    Nah, I think thats pretty intriguing actually. I like the characters needing to be creative in using their power sets.

Personally, I think having Dick not trusting spyral would be a great trigger to him creating a team. All he would have to do would be find a piece of intel through his own spying legwork that he doesnt trust spyral to have. He would need to build a team of people he trusts, but that have no ties to the justice league (to give the league plausible deniability in order to maintain their knights-in-shining-armor/hope inspiring nature). He would also have to work to either keep the intel from Spyral or to beat them to the conclusion.

For example, Dick and Spyral find out that a hostile nation is harboring a dangerous and powerful meta-villain. Dick would have to assemble a team of heroes who could get into Rhelasia without being noticed and subdue and extract the metahuman without the public knowing, and before Spyral gets the nefarious little hands on him for god knows what purpose.

Leader - Azrael

Co-Leader -Etrigan The Demon

Ragman
    Blue Devil
    Nightshade
    Grace Choi
    Tarantula

It looks more like another Shadowpact I think.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Since Batman isn't leaving the JL anytime soon and the new 52 Outsiders were actually introduced in the Green Arrow book, I'd center my team around GA as well.
    Oliver would create a new team of Ousiders to right the wrongs of the previous iteration and fight corruption in the world.
    The new Outsiders would basically become a black-ops counterpart to the Justice League.

My team:

Each member would add something different to the team:

Green Arrow: team founder, would be responsible for assigning most of the missions, providing the team with useful tech and acting as field leader most of the time.
    Katana: the second in command and the most skilled hand-to-hand combatant of the team. Some members wouldn't trust her because they'd think she was crazy. They wouldn't be totally wrong.
    Simon Baz: former member of the government-sponsored JLA like Oliver and Katana, Simon would join the Outsiders because of his lack of trust in the ability of governments to truly keep world peace and not just fight for their own.
    Black Lightning: the most relatable and down to Earth of the bunch, he'd be the team's heart.
    Sister Superior (Vera Black) and Manitou Dawn: two relatively obscure former JLElite members. I added them because I think they're great characters and each would bring a lot to the team. Dawn would be the team's magic user and Vera Black would be the team's "Cyborg" in that she'd provide intel and cool tech. She would be the main resistance to Ollie's leadership and would have useful government contacts.
    Grace would be the "muscle" and sort of another rebellious figure. She'd have been kicked out of Paradise Island and the Outsiders would give her purpose in life.
    Metamorpho would be the last addition and would help make the team feel more like the classic iteration. His powers would be very useful for the secret missions.

This team is not completely finished. I'm still toying with the idea of adding Midnighter and maybe Hawksmoor, but I didn't want the team to get too big and I think maybe Midnighter would overshadow some of the others.
    Great team! The only thing I would change is having Connor as GA, not Oliver.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Given that these characters are going to be people that work outside the law and public image I'd probably get a team to represent that.

1. Green Arrow
    2. Katana
    3. Plastic Man
    4. The Engineer (Storm Watch)
    5. Metamorpho or Element Woman
    6. Blue Devil

I like the original team but I feel like this would work better. Now where to put Brion in the DCU?

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
    Arsenal (Roy Harper)
    Spoiler
    Red Robin(Tim Drake)
    Batgirl(Cassandra Cain)
    Looker
    Shift
    Indigo (Brainiac 8)

Batman puts Ted Kord, who everyone thinks is dead, in charge of the outsiders. Which consist of mostly the bat family. The bat fam is for intelligence gathering, training special teams, and leading missions. Each story would center around a new mission and a guest appearance. Hand picked by Batman for that particular mission. Midnighter, Constantine, Plastic Man, etc. And lots of run ins with the former Outsiders. Other than that, I was a big fan of Shift and Indigo. They were powerhouses and provided a lot of utility. Looker, who wouldn't want a day walking vampire?

I'd also go this way.

The Outsiders
    Martian Manhunter (J’onn J’onzz) - Leader
    Arsenal (Roy Harper)
    Tarantula (Catalina Flores)
    Joshua Clay (should go by Maelstrom or Thunderstorm now IMO)
    Onyx (Onyx Adams)
    Striker Z (Danny Tsang)
    Traci 13 (Traci Thirteen)
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Nah, I think thats pretty intriguing actually. I like the characters needing to be creative in using their power sets.

Personally, I think having Dick not trusting spyral would be a great trigger to him creating a team. All he would have to do would be find a piece of intel through his own spying legwork that he doesnt trust spyral to have. He would need to build a team of people he trusts, but that have no ties to the justice league (to give the league plausible deniability in order to maintain their knights-in-shining-armor/hope inspiring nature). He would also have to work to either keep the intel from Spyral or to beat them to the conclusion.

For example, Dick and Spyral find out that a hostile nation is harboring a dangerous and powerful meta-villain. Dick would have to assemble a team of heroes who could get into Rhelasia without being noticed and subdue and extract the metahuman without the public knowing, and before Spyral gets the nefarious little hands on him for god knows what purpose.
    I really enjoy your expansion on my idea. I was initially not including Dick to allow for crossovers with Grayson while also hoping not to complicate either title. However you have really convinced me that he would really help the hypothetical title.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by doctormistermaster View Post
    I really enjoy your expansion on my idea. I was initially not including Dick to allow for crossovers with Grayson while also hoping not to complicate either title. However you have really convinced me that he would really help the hypothetical title.
    Eh. I'm just a Dick Grayson fanboy, wanting to put him on any and every title possible. I think both ideas would work independently of each other, and would both be great reads.

BANNED

I would just stick with the classic roster. Black Lightning, Katana, Metamorpho, Halo, & Geo-Force. I'd make them the "X-Force of the DCU" No Bat ties whatsoever!!!! Let them standalone.

I like the idea that The Outsiders could be *Bruce Wayne's* team rather than Batman's. Give Black Lightning the leadership role because he friggin' deserves it, but Bruce could be the secret money-man that only BL knows about. It would be an interesting way to explore Bruce Wayne separate from Batman.

Batwoman and the Outsiders -

Batwoman
    Black Lightning
    Blue Devil
    Katana
    Faust
    Element Woman

This would be the team set in the new 52 continuity, but I would try to bring them as close as possible to their pre-Flashpoiny versions in terms of personality and habilities (i.e. Blue Devil would be big and muscular and less demoniac looking. He'd also be the muscle of the team. Black Lightning would nbe more confident and experienced, etc...)

Peace