Default Help a regular guy to become a superhero Dad

Hello CBR,

I desperately could use your help. As some of you may know, and most will not, I was in a really bad car accident on Christmas Day 2006. The accident left me with an injury to my lower back that went undiagnosed until early last year. I have multiple fractures in my lower spine, in L5-S1. I need a spinal fusion, which of course my insurance won't pay for (and I can't find any underground prisons where someone can punch it back to health, either). I'm only working a few days a week now, and spend the rest of my week using a cane (those are the good days). This pain is steadily getting worse.

I've spoken with some folks at indiegogo, and at an urging from my family, I have finally decided to ask for help. This is extremely hard for me, because I'm really stubborn, and I hate asking for help. This is hard...but, here I am. So I've started an online fundraiser in the hopes of continuing treatment for my spine.

Here's the thing though: I don't post here nearly enough to expect anyone to donate anything. I'm not here for that. But if even just a few of you were able to perhaps share the link to my page with someone, anyone, it would mean the absolute world to me & my (soon to be) step-daughters. They need a Dad who can play outside with them, not a Dad stuck in his recliner because it's too painful to move.

Again, I'm not asking for you to donate...I mean, if you wanted to, that would be amazing...but I'm asking if you could simply pass it along. Facebook, or Twitter, or maybe a blog that is read...anyplace where more eyes will see it. The "goal" is $20,000; I think this is high, but the person I talked to said that I should set it at $25,000 due to the nature of my fundraiser...I think that's nuts lol So I set it lower. Anyway, there's more of my story in the link, but this is long enough already.

Thank you all so much for your time, and thank you for your consideration! And thanks for being my favorite website to visit each & every day! You or someone you know may be the difference in not only my life, but perhaps 2 little girls' lives as well.

https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraise...her/x/12104444
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 09-17-2015 at 01:22 PM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I've gotten some new views on my page, so this might be working

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

The view count continues to go up, and we've gotten a lot of new donations! Please, if you have the time, check out the link in the OP or in my signature below. Share it, donate, ignore, the choice is yours You make a difference by simply checking it out.