Default Wonder Woman '77 #10 Digital Spoilers

A new villainess is introduced by the name of Celsia! She appears to be out for vengeance on some sketchy, nuclear power plant billionaires for their wrongdoing. She has cool powers involving fire and ice. Part 1 is mainly devoted to Diana and Steve's investigation. Andreyko seens to be giving Steve Trevor an amusing, would-be-ladies' man personality. It's like he thinks he's cool, but he's so not. Nice artwork by Cat Staggs.

WW77_10_300-009_HD[1].jpg
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    A new villainess is introduced by the name of Celsia! She appears to be out for vengeance on some sketchy, nuclear power plant billionaires for their wrongdoing. She has cool powers involving fire and ice. Part 1 is mainly devoted to Diana and Steve's investigation. Andreyko seens to be giving Steve Trevor an amusing, would-be-ladies' man personality. It's like he thinks he's cool, but he's so not. Nice artwork by Cat Staggs.

WW77_10_300-009_HD[1].jpg
    Liked the issue as usual, it seems, with this series. Pretty good likeness of Lynda as both Diana and Wonder Woman.

I really enjoy Andreyko's characterization for Steve, too. And his Wonder Woman is as iconic as you can get.

I'd just like it better if he'd stop with the super powered villains already, it just doesn't feel like Wonder Woman '77 on that regard. Wish they'd kept the tv appearances like they're doing on Batman '66, where Killer Croc is basically a guy in a plastic mask.

Story's fine and all, but might as well be part of Sensation Comics... Steve and Diana are really the only elements from the show here, only the first arc has truly worked for me.

I think the lack of super villains was one of the show's shortcomings, so I'm all for their inclusion. As the series continues I would like to see more references to events and people that were in the TV universe.

I read this story in the print comic, and I actually liked it. I thought Celsia was pretty compelling as a character who acquired interesting "fire and ice" powers as a consequence of the nuclear meltdown. I wouldn't describe her as a villain since her actions were understandable within the context of the story. She also owned the fact that she murdered people in revenge, which is not something you see often.

I liked the story in print edition as well (sadly I was behind on the digital version).

The back-up story with Solomon Grundy was a bit bizarre, but entertaining.

Well, nice to see the TV era has been revived in comics form. Does Lynda Carter know about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The back-up story with Solomon Grundy was a bit bizarre, but entertaining.
    Is the story with Grundy also set in the TV universe?