Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not sure he's really NEEDED... There was a time that he was biggest baddest threat in the Marvel universe. Now we've got a 2-part movie dealing with Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet... Who SCHOOLED Galactus in the original mini-series.

Galactus really would be a step backwards as a threat. If they wanted 'giant dude who may destroy the earth'... they could always go Celestials? Same principle. Personally, I agree Doom would be better addition. I love him in the Avenger cartoons. Also, ever since the original Secret Wars comics and toys... I've always considered Doom an 'Everyone' villain as much as a FF only villain.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Galactus would be amazing if done right. Using the whole bit with everyone perceiving him differently, but giving him a humanoid form for the viewers. Start off with people on the Skrull Throneworld enjoying their everyday lives, then there's a massive sub heavy vibration reverberating throughout follwing a black shadow casting itself on the citizenry, then a silvery light emerges from the shadow, and soon after the planet starts disintigrating in a wave and the energyis siphoned into blackness and then the silvery figure takes off in an instant almost looking like teleportation (but the viewer can tell he/it sped off. Then when Galactus comes to Earth, the shadow of Galactus envelops much of the planet as he enters Earth's orbit. The coming of Galactus signaled by the sky being set ablaze, a massive bass filled voice enveloping the planet (and the theater) saying the words "I hungerrrrr.", The Surfer appearing in the sky and signaling Galactus' arrival, possibly stating that the planet has been judged (I know that is sort of The Celestials' thing, but one comic did theorize that Galactus tested planets as well, and it fits the Old Testament God thing) and found wanting, drawing from Galactus being inspired by the Old Testament version of God and The Surfer as his angel (and later as a Jesus analog/messiah). Remember how Ghostbusters did the whole thing with an old Sumerian god arriving in modern times and made it felt huge?; and that was just mainly showing New York City, this would show much more. The heroes couldn't save the day through force or technology, they would need to both turn the Surfer on his master and find The Ultimate Nullifier.

Someone like Thanos is still a mortal gaining ultimate power, with Galactus you could really do something mythological and even religious, pulling from humanity's curiosity and fear of the unknown and what lies beyond our understanding.
    Last edited by Chainsaw Vigilante; 09-18-2015 at 08:54 PM.

I don't think Marvel needs any property that they don't already have. But I certainly wouldn't mind them getting Galactus and the Silver Surfer back. He would be a good candidate for the next super duper bad guy following Infinity War, if they want to go that route. It would be an easy build -- post credit stingers of a massive object towering over panicked alien civilizations and planets being reduced to rubble. As he closes in on Earth, you can capitalize with a standalone Surfer flick.

I'd love for them to get Doom as well but not without the F4 to properly battle him. No one's done it justice yet. Although in all honesty I'm not sure I could trust Marvel/Disney to make Doom the true villain that he is. They'd do it better than the last two attempts but they'd probably still hold back a good amount.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Galactus would be amazing if done right. Using the whole bit with everyone perceiving him differently, but giving him a humanoid form for the viewers.
    This would be great storytelling in a prose novel but it never really worked in a visual medium because a black woman in the audience will still see him as a white dude.

Start off with people on the Skrull Throneworld enjoying their everyday lives, then there's a massive sub heavy vibration reverberating throughout follwing a black shadow casting itself on the citizenry, then a silvery light emerges from the shadow, and soon after the planet starts disintigrating in a wave and the energyis siphoned into blackness and then the silvery figure takes off in an instant almost looking like teleportation (but the viewer can tell he/it sped off. Then when Galactus comes to Earth, the shadow of Galactus envelops much of the planet as he enters Earth's orbit. The coming of Galactus signaled by the sky being set ablaze, a massive bass filled voice enveloping the planet (and the theater) saying the words "I hungerrrrr.", The Surfer appearing in the sky and signaling Galactus' arrival, possibly stating that the planet has been judged (I know that is sort of The Celestials' thing, but one comic did theorize that Galactus tested planets as well, and it fits the Old Testament God thing) and found wanting, drawing from Galactus being inspired by the Old Testament version of God and The Surfer as his angel (and later as a Jesus analog/messiah). Remember how Ghostbusters did the whole thing with an old Sumerian god arriving in modern times and made it felt huge?; and that was just mainly showing New York City, this would show much more. The heroes couldn't save the day through force or technology, they would need to both turn the Surfer on his master and find The Ultimate Nullifier.
    Thing is, you can still do all of this without Skrulls or Galactus, because your target audience has never heard of Galactus anyway, so they won't care if you use Galactus or some similar cosmic entity you actually have the movie rights to, like a Celestail.

Someone like Thanos is still a mortal gaining ultimate power, with Galactus you could really do something mythological and even religious, pulling from humanity's curiosity and fear of the unknown and what lies beyond our understanding.
    And doing the above works as a follow up to Thanos, because he's an Eternal, and as such has links to the Celestials.

BANNED

..Galactus
    The cosmos dies, succumbing to universal decay.
    But, as all matter plunges into a final blazing caldron,
    one planet has the means to struggles to survive - the planet of Taa.
    Gallantly, the citizens of Taa send an almost indestructible ship into the eye of this storm.
    There, the consciousness of the universe itself grants to a sole survivor the power to pass into what is to come.
    What emerges from the other side is the being known as Galactus, the devourer of worlds.