Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    We should probably give the anime a couple of episodes before we start making too many Beerus fights. The anime SAID he can blow up the universe as a side effect of going out, but we need to see if any feats support that yet before we really know where to put him.
    Yeah, we know there's at least one place in the Dragonball world that would cause the destruction of the universe if it was destroyed, so it doesn't necessarily even mean that he would personally blow up everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Yeah, we know there's at least one place in the Dragonball world that would cause the destruction of the universe if it was destroyed, so it doesn't necessarily even mean that he would personally blow up everything.
    What place is that?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What place is that?
    Destroying the Time Nest (which is apparently somewhere near Snake Way) destroys all of history.

Destroying the Time Nest (which is apparently somewhere near Snake Way) destroys all of history.
    Well...Xenoverse isn't really canon(sadly) so..
    Last edited by Cody; 09-18-2015 at 04:38 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

It was supervised by Toriyama and he came up with the original story, making it about as canon as the anime, to be honest.

Not to mention being linked to Online, which Toriyama also heavily contributed to.

Essentially it sets a precedent for that kind of things existing in DB, which makes the universe busting comment doubtfully literal on top of its hyperbole-ness.
    Last edited by Siriel; 09-18-2015 at 04:49 PM.

It was supervised by Toriyama, making it about as canon as the anime, to be honest.
    He only designed the Supreme Kai of Time and TokiToki(bird). Never heard of him supervising it.

Not to mention being linked to Online, which Toriyama also heavily contributed to.
    It has Towa, Mira, and Future Trunks. That is basically it. They aren't the same guys from Dragonball Online. Their motives are different too. While Xenoverse Towa and Mira are trying to experiment with history, with their desire to "harvest" energy not being a main focus of theirs. DBO Mira and Towa were trying to get the dna or something of the Z fighters. And actively sent minions to attack the Z fighters. Mira was basically like Cell; he had the dna of a Saiyans, Humans, Frieza, Namekians, etc.

I would love it if it were canon. But..aside from Akira designing two characters, and it using a few characters that were in DBO, yet aren't actually the same people? It isn't really enough to make it canon. More relevent than say; GT, Filler, and Toei movies? Absolutely. But not canon.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    He only designed the Supreme Kai of Time and TokiToki(bird). Never heard of him supervising it.

It has Towa, Mira, and Future Trunks. That is basically it. They aren't the same guys from Dragonball Online. Their motives are different too. While Xenoverse Towa and Mira are trying to experiment with history, with their desire to "harvest" energy not being a main focus of theirs. DBO Mira and Towa were trying to get the dna or something of the Z fighters. And actively sent minions to attack the Z fighters. Mira was basically like Cell; he had the dna of a Saiyans, Humans, Frieza, Namekians, etc.

I would love it if it were canon. But..aside from Akira designing two characters, and it using a few characters that were in DBO, yet aren't actually the same people? It isn't really enough to make it canon. More relevent than say; GT, Filler, and Toei movies? Absolutely. But not canon.
    Yeah, unless I missed something in the credits, Toriyama was accredited for the original story(as in the series itself, not Xenoverse's plot) and the character designs. I'd love for Xenoverse to be canon as well because it adds a new layer to the DB cosmology, but it sadly isn't the case. I mean, it's possible that some of its ideas may be adapted into Super since there were silhouettes featuring new characters that will show up in the Universe 6 arc (with one of them looking quite suspiciously like the Supreme Kai of Time). So we might see the Time Nest and Tokitoki City.

Hopefully. (crosses fingers)
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yeah, unless I missed something in the credits, Toriyama was accredited for the original story(as in the series itself, not Xenoverse's plot)
    No, that (most likely) refers to Xenoverse's basic plot. That's why it's the only game (alongside DBO) where he's credited for the original story, and noted to have supervised the game.

Those are in fact the exact same credits he gets for the Super anime.
    Last edited by Siriel; 09-18-2015 at 07:24 PM.

No, that (most likely) refers to Xenoverse's basic plot. That's why it's the only game (alongside DBO) where he's credited for the original story, and noted to have supervised the game.

Those are in fact the exact same credits he gets for the Super anime.
    So,are we supposed to accept Broly as a canon character or an easter egg?
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 09-18-2015 at 10:05 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So,are we supposed to accept Broly as a canon character or an easter egg?
    To be fair; there are many different universes and timelines here so it could get away with it. I still question it's level of canon however. If Super makes mention and shows TokiToki and the Supreme Kai of Time? Then I will think Xenoverse is canon. Until then; I just don't buy it. Really hope so though.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oh he was, and the narration and Gorr's statements and the result of Thor(s) hitting him made it pretty clear he(they) weren't exactly getting anywhere with it. It's not like he(they) were thrashing Gorr, he(they) were literally tearing themselves apart hitting him.
    Yet Young Thor makes him bleed in Thor 9 right after they go through the worm hole /portal thingy, after he grounds him with that blow. And Gorrs clearly in pain , from the art when Normal Thor is hammering away , like I said they are trading blows for a while before Thor is blindsided. And then Young Thor well....bit his eye off in the next issue . Old Thor is plain useless for the majority of this arc

Young Thor making Gorr bleed

https://i.imgur.com/eWYRxlf.jpg

Normal Thor trading blows with him and hurting him just fine

https://i.imgur.com/ftkjTzw.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Gorr is weak sauce , he fought a weakened King Thor who was roughly the same level as normal Thor ( who needed to rescue him in the first place ) and hadn't used the Thor force in years . He was getting hurt by young Thor too

Bills butchers him
    I wouldn't say he's weaksauce. He tanked a Thor force blast that sent him light years away, and kicked the shit out of three Thors in a star. Bills wins though for sure.

The preview for the next episode might actually be showing the universe start to shake/fall apart and is titled that as well, so we'll see. I think the next episode will actually finally put some of this to rest, to a degree.

I really hope they don't go out too extreme and make Bills a flat-out Unvierse buster.