Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge: Captain Americas Past and Present, X-Men's "Extraordinary" Threat

Axel Alonso discusses the long-awaited "Captain America: White" and the upcoming "Sam Wilson, Captain America," plus the X-Men's latest challenge.

Full article here.

"Alonso: We're aware of the "meta" connotations, but that's not what inspired this development. People can keep speculating and click-baiting all they want; we have a cool story to tell."

do not worry, we will.

I'm taking that answer to my Elektra question as "there are no plans".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    If Axel is not going to provide any details when asked questions like this then why does CBR ask them?

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Those Inhumans variants are bealtiful , and Naja's tail grows longer each time i see her .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    "Alonso: We're aware of the "meta" connotations, but that's not what inspired this development. People can keep speculating and click-baiting all they want; we have a cool story to tell."

do not worry, we will.
    He's right about not what inspired it. But he isn't denying bigger forces at work either. When everything hits the fan. I hope he realizes what era he's in and the backlash will be immense.

Edit: ANCA sounds like it's going to be massively skewed.
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 09-18-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If Axel is not going to provide any details when asked questions like this then why does CBR ask them?
    I know! I wasn't expecting an announcement of a new title, maybe just a clue or a time frame. I asked a question awhile back about new tpbs of some the classic storylines that SW tie ins are based on, specifically Inferno and X-tinction Agenda and he told me about an overpriced collection of the original Secret Wars instead! I don't know if I prefer no answer or the wrong answer lol!

Control F - Moon Knight

Not Found

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Control F - Moon Knight

Not Found

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back sometime next year.
    We need better comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    He's right about not what inspired it. But he isn't denying bigger forces at work either. When everything hits the fan. I hope he realizes what era he's in and the backlash will be immense.

Edit: ANCA sounds like it's going to be massively skewed.
    Even if "everything hits the fan", I give it one news cycle and everyone will move on to talk about the supposed "Meat and Potatoes" DC approach (again unsubstantiated) or whatever gossip is the flavor of that day.

Look at what happened with the FF cancellation "uproar"? Precisely nothing after all was said and done.

1) Marvel comic book sales are higher than ever.

2) Bleedingcool still puts out an angry article with decreasing frequency.

3) There is probably a thread out there where a select group of people complain, but majority of fans are either unaware of the controversy or just don't care.

4) And all the other news sites saw a decrease in clicking on the articles re the FF and accordingly went silent on the subject.

Edit: Most importantly, the FF book is still on hiatus...
    Last edited by solletaire; 09-18-2015 at 03:08 PM.

All-New Member

CBR too scared to asked Alonso about the recent Nathan Edmondson controversy?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back sometime next year.
    I find a curious absence of all the Marvel Knights/Defenders characters: Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, etc. I am expecting some big announcements soon-ish!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcauburn View Post
    CBR too scared to asked Alonso about the recent Nathan Edmondson controversy?
    They can't ask. There is zero proof. Even Rich Jonston will not lay claims of harassment without any shred of proof. That's paramount on slander and a big no no in journalism...
    Last edited by solletaire; 09-18-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I'm gonna try and be optimistic and pretend it's some sort of Secret Avengers hint :P

Because I think it's interesting that he says she's undercover, even if his answer may not be 100% serious

Fantastic Member

Seeing those first pages of Humberto Ramos drawing X-Men is almost jarring, after seeing him on the Spider-Man books for so long -- but also exciting, getting to see him draw something rather different.

Couldn't agree more. Make no mistake, there will be some point where Humberto's drawing Spider-Man again -- he was born to draw Spider-Man -- but it's really exciting to see him doing the X-Men.
    You mean like he did back when Carey was writing adjectiveless, as a fill-in for Bachalo? Let's not pretend this is something that's never happened before.