Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Incorrect. I like both companies. I always have. I'm tired of the "DCEU already sucks even though we haven't seen their 2016 movies" silliness which runneth rampant here and every comics web board.
    True, let's just keep it at "MoS sucked big time, and by the looks of it it won't get better anytime soon...but in the spirit of fairness let's wait and see"

I would LOVE to see both universes/companies flourish and have their own share of great superhero movies, but warner (in my opinion) is making bad decision after bad decision... while Marvel still manages to hit the nail with every movie they make. This is no fanboy remark. I have read comics from both companies for the last 30+ years, and love the stories and characters from both of them...

Just look at the castings... and the characterization... Look at the teaser image of Jason Momoa as Aquaman... You just can't take a loose haired and heavily tattooed Khal Drogo and try to sell him as a completely different iconic superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    True, let's just keep it at "MoS sucked big time, and by the looks of it it won't get better anytime soon...but in the spirit of fairness let's wait and see"

I would LOVE to see both universes/companies flourish and have their own share of great superhero movies, but warner (in my opinion) is making bad decision after bad decision... while Marvel still manages to hit the nail with every movie they make. This is no fanboy remark. I have read comics from both companies for the last 30+ years, and love the stories and characters from both of them...

Just look at the castings... and the characterization... Look at the teaser image of Jason Momoa as Aquaman... You just can't take a loose haired and heavily tattooed Khal Drogo and try to sell him as a completely different iconic superhero.
    See, so have I. So you estimate Marvel hits the nail on the proverbial head with every single movie they make...? I guess you never read Walt Simonson's standard-setting run on The Mighty Thor. Not to mention how Ultron was proverbially neutered and was hardly threatening, cartoon lips and all.

MoS sucked? I never said that and I disagree. Great movie.
    Last edited by Calighoula; 09-21-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    All super-hero movies use the basic formula, because they are, at their core, juvenile adolescent power fantasies.
    That label can apply to a great many things. James Bond. Conan. Han Solo. Jason Bourne.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post

Perhaps you missed Peter David's/90's Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Perhaps you missed Peter David's/90's Aquaman.
    No kidding. I'd love to see this particular image in the film:

BANNED

That label can apply to a great many things. James Bond. Conan. Han Solo. Jason Bourne.
    Oh, absolutely, for all three. "I'm a badass spy that can do all kinds of awesome things and nobody can mess with me and I get the girl at the end" is basically Bond and Bourne. "I am a rogue and I play by my own rules, DAD!" is Han Solo.
    Nothing wrong with that, it makes for some great entertainment.

BANNED

If someone is able to articulate how MOS is dark/grim/gritty, I would love to hear their argument.
    No, you would't. It has been explained ad-infinitum, and you refuse to acknowledge the various posters points. You and others just keep regurgitating the same argument over and over. Its becoming a circular discussion with you.

Tell me how its grim. Explanation given. Batman, watchmen yada yada, hows it grim. Explanation given. Batman, watchmen yada yada, hows it grim.

Just give it a rest already. Stop asking for what you don't want to acknowledge.

Extraordinary Member

Bucky needs a warm glass of milk and a time out somewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Bucky needs a warm glass of milk and a time out somewhere.
    Nah, his comeback was pretty funny. He should keep on quipping.

The problem with his "better Christopher Nolan movie" remark is that Nolan's influence extends to The Winter Solder. The street sequence with TWS and Fury is informed by The Dark Knight. Arguments that point to TDK sequence being an echo of Batman's don't hold up because they're choreographed and shot very differently. The Russos clearly like Nolan, and I can't say I blame them.

Extraordinary Member

Tell 'em why you mad Bucky.lol. Funny thing is he'd probably die to be in any Snyder film.

Extraordinary Member

The problem with his "better Christopher Nolan movie" remark is that Nolan's influence extends to The Winter Solder. The street sequence with TWS and Fury is informed by The Dark Knight. Arguments that point to TDK sequence being an echo of Batman's don't hold up because they're choreographed and shot very differently. The Russos clearly like Nolan, and I can't say I blame them.
    I agree the Nolan influence is more apparent in TWS. Horribly filmed choppy action sequences just like TDK, hopefully these guys will improve in their next movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Tell 'em why you mad Bucky.lol. Funny thing is he'd probably die to be in any Snyder film.
    You think so? Over a Nolan film, say?

BANNED

The action sequences in TWS were done so much better than Nolan's Bat films. One of the most glaring issues with Nolan's Batman film was the piss poor fight choreography.

BANNED

The action sequences in TWS were done so much better than Nolan's Bat films. One of the most glaring issues with Nolan's Batman film was the piss poor fight choreography.
    Have to agree with this one, at least to an extent.