Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Tell 'em why you mad Bucky.lol. Funny thing is he'd probably die to be in any Snyder film.
    Considering that his two most recently released movies were directed by Ridley Scott and Jonathan Demme, appearing in a Zack Snyder movie would be a step down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Considering that his two most recently released movies were directed by Ridley Scott and Jonathan Demme, appearing in a Zack Snyder movie would be a step down.
    Ooh, very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    The action sequences in TWS were done so much better than Nolan's Bat films. One of the most glaring issues with Nolan's Batman film was the piss poor fight choreography.
    The fight choreography IS better in TWS. Some of the best to date. I don't think the Bane-Batman fight (the first one) is all that bad, but I was referring to the street scene where TWS is introduced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    The fight choreography IS better in TWS. Some of the best to date. I don't think the Bane-Batman fight (the first one) is all that bad, but I was referring to the street scene where TWS is introduced.
    I give you the Fury scene, but then (IMO) the Russos completely surpassed any action scene in the Nolan Batman movies with the Freeway scene later, where Bucky attacks Cap, Widow and Falcon.

BANNED

I give you the Fury scene
    I don't. That particular set piece was hardly something unique or original to Nolan, and the Russos did it better.

Mighty Member

The action sequences in TWS were done so much better than Nolan's Bat films. One of the most glaring issues with Nolan's Batman film was the piss poor fight choreography.
    I agree 100%. It was amplified by the shot selection on those fight scenes. You often had no idea what was going on.

I don't. That particular set piece was hardly something unique or original to Nolan, and the Russos did it better.
    My point was that the Russos wanted to do it after they saw him do it.

I give you the Fury scene, but then (IMO) the Russos completely surpassed any action scene in the Nolan Batman movies with the Freeway scene later, where Bucky attacks Cap, Widow and Falcon.
    I love that scene in TWS, but don't tell me TDK's final action setpiece, where Batman is aided remotely by Lucius against both the SWAT team and Joker's goons, isn't flat-out awesome.

BANNED

I love that scene in TWS, but don't tell me TDK's final action setpiece, where Batman is aided remotely by Lucius against both the SWAT team and Joker's goons, isn't flat-out awesome.
    It's awesome, just not TWS awesome.

BANNED

My point was that the Russos wanted to do it after they saw him do it.
    Did they actually say that, specifically? Because if they didn't, then it's just as likely that they were "inspired" by any one (or more) of the number of other films with similar scenes. It's exceedingly unlikely that The Dark Knight was the first movie they ever saw with an explosive car chase shoot out.

BANNED

It's awesome, just not TWS awesome.
    Agreed.

Did they actually say that, specifically? Because if they didn't, then it's just as likely that they were "inspired" by any one (or more) of the number of other films with similar scenes. It's exceedingly unlikely that The Dark Knight was the first movie they ever saw with an explosive car chase shoot out.
    Yes, you're halfway there. Again, it's not about TDK being the first to do it, it's about TDK being the movie that inspires others to follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkNut View Post
    Lol, "Hardcore" fans of the big two will find any reason to attack each other.
    It's...I don't know. It's like watching sports fans arguing.
    DC fans grrrharping on Marvel "formulaic" products leading to Marvel fans ridiculing DC own efforts...
    Oh guys...guys.
    Just you wait the days you won't have ANY superhero movie to harp on at all...
    Snyder made a pretty lame comment to begin with, so in my opinion, he had such kind of retort coming...
    Juvenile is the word indeed.
    There's nothing much to be add tbh, except that both men should focus on their own work instead of snipping each other's studios.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Perhaps you missed Peter David's/90's Aquaman.

No I dodn't miss it.

I dodn't like it either.

By "casting" I mean that Jason Momoa is a downright bad actor, capable of barely more than grunting and pulling off your everyday action scene, and by "Characterization" I mean thet even if you wanted to go fo a 90s look, a maori style tattooed khal drogo look is a serious no no.

Anyway, It's my opinion.

See, so have I. So you estimate Marvel hits the nail on the proverbial head with every single movie they make...? I guess you never read Walt Simonson's standard-setting run on The Mighty Thor. Not to mention how Ultron was proverbially neutered and was hardly threatening, cartoon lips and all.

MoS sucked? I never said that and I disagree. Great movie.
    Yes, of course I read Simonsons run (And I think it to be way overrated) and I agree that Ultron wasn't as good a villain as we all wanted him to be but neither was Zod. Marvel has produced serveral subpar movies, but any single one of them was way better than MoS. And I never said you thought Mos sucked, that is my opinion.

Anyhow, time will tell. I seriously hope to be wrong and actually enjoy suicide squad.
    Last edited by Greywolf; 09-21-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    SiegePerilous02, you and Calighoula are obviously on the DC camp versus the Marvel camp. And nothing that I can say will sway you, so I will stop trying. You have your strong opinions, and I have mine. Lets just agree to disagree and move on.
    I wouldn't say I'm staunchly anti-Marvel. I loved the first Avengers and Winter Soldier, and liked GoTG and the first Iron-Man, and will most likely see Civil War, Avengers 3 and GoTG 2 in theaters. It's more the general attitude that Marvel's formula is the only way to success, and every movie they make is better than MoS, that I find disagreeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    No, you would't. It has been explained ad-infinitum, and you refuse to acknowledge the various posters points. You and others just keep regurgitating the same argument over and over. Its becoming a circular discussion with you.

Tell me how its grim. Explanation given. Batman, watchmen yada yada, hows it grim. Explanation given. Batman, watchmen yada yada, hows it grim.

Just give it a rest already. Stop asking for what you don't want to acknowledge.
    That's not really fair though, is it? I think we defenders regurgitate the same arguments, but so do to detractors. I think that's just what happens when a controversial movie is released and we don't get any further installments for three years where we have nothing else to do but speculate and argue with one another.