Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Stan Fires Back At Snyder, Talks Winter Soldier In "Civil War"

Sebastian Stan responds to Zack Snyder's "flavor-of-the-week" comment and talks about Bucky's expanded role in the "Captain America" sequel.

Full article here.

...But I would say we’re still making something very original in our own way. I mean, the Russos are coming in and taking something people are used to and they’re shaping it up and changing it in a very different way. They’re not trying to mimic a better Christopher Nolan movie or something like that.”
    Ooo... Burn
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Amazing Member

Love that comment about mimicking a Nolan film.
    Dan Ketch > Johnny Blaze

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Sebastian Stan is awesome.

Snyder needs to be put in his place.

Amazing Member

That was lame.

I think what Zack said was, "Flava Flav is weak." and people misinterpreted it.

Or not.

PRO: The aforementioned changes (being) made by the Russos are very welcome.

CON: It took Marvel no fewer than eight movies to realize these changes are for the better.

BANNED

Enough with all the media orchestrated sniping. Why don't all concerned try to act like adults and professionals, and focus on doing your own jobs without trying to tell other people how to do theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Ooo... Burn
    Heh, it's a good quote, but a more informed insult would probably call to attention Snyder's obsession with Miller.

I'm looking forward to BvS and Civil War... and X-Men: Apocalypse, and Deadpool, etc. -- 2016 is going to be a great year for comic book movies.

Mighty Member

Snyder has a beef with Marvel over something?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's just the usual "DC is better than Marvel because DC does darker and grittier films that are about something 'more' than just one-liners and splashy effects" posturing I already see a lot of online, the only difference being that this is someone who actually works on DC films and not just watches and enjoys them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Snyder has a beef with Marvel over something?
    He doesn't have beef with Marvel. He believes the work he's doing with DC will transcend the typical superhero film.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He doesn't have beef with Marvel. He believes the work he's doing with DC will transcend the typical superhero film.
    So he has beef with reality?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

No, he said the characters of Batman and Superman transcend the superhero genre. He didn't say his film would do that.

Stan's comment almost sounds more juvenile than Snyder's, but since DC is the Devil he's going to get less hate.

Yeah. That's one of the things that's wrong with their movies. They try too much to make their characters something that they're not and to be "mature". In my opinion the're missing the point. Dark and gritty doesn't mean mature or better. Their characters have endured for decades by being the good decent heroic characters they've mostly always been, not dark and gritty. I feel like DC has kind of an immature view on their and Marvel's movies, like a twelve year old trying to prove how grown up they are.