Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    For anyone who enjoyed this volume, the Golden Age Batman omnibus volume 2 was just announced for release next summer. The contents listed in the solicitation would take it up through volume 8 of the Chronicles volumes.
    Still issues, already reprinted in other readily available formats, Archives, Chronicles, and the Batman chapters, digital.

I'll still be quite somewhat older, in the "wait" for an Omnibus Volume, that surpasses Batman Archives 8, Batman: the Dark Knight Archives 8, which shall be circa 1951 Detective Comics, 1947 Batman. Chronicles does not count to me, because they stopped at around early 1944, you can find slightly further years in Archives, and has not been printing any further volumes since, for a few years now.
    Last edited by ngroove; 12-03-2015 at 08:54 AM.

The Batman Omnibus is a great collection. I already had the first Batman Archive, and Batman Chronicles volume 1, but this book is by far my preferred format. It's like an upgrade from VHS to Blu-Ray. Bigger pages, better quality paper, and all the Batman series combined in chronological order, which the Archives didn't do. It also has the correct art for the story from Detective Comics #27 rather than the censored version which removes the knife from a couple of panels.

And volume 2 has been announced already, along with Golden Age Superman volume 2? Awesome. Sign me up for a copy of each.

I hope these books will continue and eventually get beyond the material already covered in the Archives. With so much packed in each volume, these series will go a lot faster than the Archives did, and offer a better opportunity to get more of that old material published, if DC is inclined to do so.
    Last edited by andersonh1; 12-09-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Bumping an old thread here rather than start a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Still issues, already reprinted in other readily available formats, Archives, Chronicles, and the Batman chapters, digital.

I'll still be quite somewhat older, in the "wait" for an Omnibus Volume, that surpasses Batman Archives 8, Batman: the Dark Knight Archives 8, which shall be circa 1951 Detective Comics, 1947 Batman. Chronicles does not count to me, because they stopped at around early 1944, you can find slightly further years in Archives, and has not been printing any further volumes since, for a few years now.
    With the omnibus vol. 4 hitting mid 1946 and a volume 5 solicitied, I think these books may finally be reaching some previously un-reprinted material once we hit the fifth volume. Looks like DC is pushing forward into the late 40s, and I hope fans will support their efforts. I haven't read most of this material before, and I find that despite how different mid-40s Batman is from modern Batman, I still enjoy a good many of the stories. It's just a different time and it requires a different mindset. I still can't get used to Batman as a public hero though, riding with police, being called on by the FBI and testifying before Congress. So much for sneaking around in the shadows!

I just love the fact that I have the first seven years of Batman stories sitting on my bookshelf. Thanks, DC! Keep those volumes coming!
    Last edited by andersonh1; 12-05-2017 at 11:43 AM.

I love it because of the Batman and Robin stories and the early Batman and Catwoman stories!

Joker, Hugo Strange, Gordon. THESE stories are the basis for all the other stories that came after it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Bumping an old thread here rather than start a new one.

With the omnibus vol. 4 hitting mid 1946 and a volume 5 solicitied, I think these books may finally be reaching some previously un-reprinted material once we hit the fifth volume. Looks like DC is pushing forward into the late 40s, and I hope fans will support their efforts. I haven't read most of this material before, and I find that despite how different mid-40s Batman is from modern Batman, I still enjoy a good many of the stories. It's just a different time and it requires a different mindset. I still can't get used to Batman as a public hero though, riding with police, being called on by the FBI and testifying before Congress. So much for sneaking around in the shadows!

I just love the fact that I have the first seven years of Batman stories sitting on my bookshelf. Thanks, DC! Keep those volumes coming!
    Just to confirm Volume 5 will be the first GA Batman omnibus to include previously non-archived material as Batman 38-45 have never been reprinted

Detective Comics has a way to go before we get to non-archived material (as it got reprinted all the way up to 1951!) Also provided we get an GA Batman Omnibus 6 the Batman stories from Worlds Finest will be first time reprints as the archives only went up to issue 32 (and GA Batman Omni 5 is scheduled to reprint up to that issue)

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Just to confirm Volume 5 will be the first GA Batman omnibus to include previously non-archived material as Batman 38-45 have never been reprinted

Detective Comics has a way to go before we get to non-archived material (as it got reprinted all the way up to 1951!) Also provided we get an GA Batman Omnibus 6 the Batman stories from Worlds Finest will be first time reprints as the archives only went up to issue 32 (and GA Batman Omni 5 is scheduled to reprint up to that issue)
    Thanks for letting us know

Retired

I'm a completist, so I don't like buying a Vol. 5 without having all the previous volumes. Yet I have all the Archives. So this is a pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm a completist, so I don't like buying a Vol. 5 without having all the previous volumes. Yet I have all the Archives. So this is a pickle.
    Inconsistent formats are a pain, but it's what's inside that counts. Go for it!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Inconsistent formats are a pain, but it's what's inside that counts. Go for it!
    They are expensive. I bought the first two and number 6 (as it had early riddler stories). I may get 8 and 9 when they come out as they have some good 50s stories with penguin and catwoman. Looks like vol 8 has been delayed.

Incredible Member

I'm patiently awaiting a reprint of the first volume similar to the recent Superman re-issue with the new trade dress. Hopefully it would fix the out-of-order pages in the Scarecrow debut story.

Pretty surreal to think that eight of these omnibuses contain thirty-two Chronicles volumes' worth of content...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I'm patiently awaiting a reprint of the first volume similar to the recent Superman re-issue with the new trade dress. Hopefully it would fix the out-of-order pages in the Scarecrow debut story.

Pretty surreal to think that eight of these omnibuses contain thirty-two Chronicles volumes' worth of content...
    I hadn't noticed the out of order pages. Now I see Page 9 is a few pages later.
    That's going to be a costly repurchase based on a mistake.
    Last edited by riddler123; 04-25-2020 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Not happy

Spectacular Member

Surely it would have made more sense to have put the corrected version in volume 2?

This is how it worked with the occasional mistake in The Complete Peanuts by Charles Schulz. No one seemed to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    They are expensive. I bought the first two and number 6 (as it had early riddler stories). I may get 8 and 9 when they come out as they have some good 50s stories with penguin and catwoman. Looks like vol 8 has been delayed.
    Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 8 appears to have been released September 15, 2020.

Forged in the crucible of tragedy, the iconic figure known as Batman quickly became one of the most popular and enduring characters in modern fiction. With his teenage partner, Robin, at his side, Batman has dedicated his life to fighting crime in whatever form it takes!

Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 8 gathers together MORE THAN 600 PAGES OF NEVER-BEFORE-COLLECTED STORIES from the early 1950s, featuring groundbreaking work by such legendary talents as Dick Sprang, Bill Finger, Jim Mooney, John Broome, Lew Sayre Schwartz, David Vern Reed, Bob Kane, and more. In these thrilling adventures from the pages of Detective Comics #174-191, Batman #67-75, and World’s Finest Comics #54-62, the Dynamic Duo defends Gotham City from iconic villains like the Joker, Two-Face, and Catwoman–and faces off against new foes like the Human Magnet, Mr. Hydro, the Gorilla Boss, the Masked Mystic, and Selina Kyle’s brother, the King of the Cats!
    https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...0it%20takes%21

And there's a listing for Vol. 9 due out June 1st (2021).

Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 9
    Batman’s adventures from the mid-1950s are collected for the first time in hardcover, continuing here with Batman: The Golden Age Vol. 9.

These stories from the early 1950s feature alternate versions of the Caped Crusader, as well as Batman’s foes The Joker, Two-Face, the Penguin, and Catwoman. Along the way, the Dynamic Duo travel back in time to meet “The Batman of Yesterday,” and encounter another Batman in modern-day Gotham City. Plus, Batman joins the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Catwoman stalks a beauty pageant, The Joker directs his own movie crimes, and more.

Collects Batman #76-84, plus stories from Detective Comics #192-208 and World’s Finest Comics #63-70.
    https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...-9-by-various/