Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I don't know- I thought Captain Marvel would be taking a step backwards by joining the Xmen, and I feel that Cyclops would be doing the same thing here. "Shady, pro-mutant agenda?"
    Kinda something like what Magneto was doing in Uncanny, like manipulating things to enable the X-Men to stay out of SHIELD's radar or misdirecting Steve when some moral dilemma type situation like apprehending the Extraordinary X-Men comes up. Of course, I don't see Cyclops being that deceptive as easily as I would Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by judaspaladin View Post
    I've thought about this for a while, thier are so many great X-Men characters who have gotten sidelined over the years by being trapped in the x-book segment of the marvel universe. Look at the character development Sunspot and Cannonball got once they joined the avengers. It's clear most x-writers suffer from debilitating Geoff Johns Syndrome -if I didn't grow up with them I'm not writing them- leaving a lot of good characters to be killed off or just ignored so why let more mutants join the ranks of other hero teams?
    I think describes 85% of comic writers in general....
    Yeah, sadly I have to agree with this sentiment

I totally imagine the adult Jean as Phoenix having a solo book in space or appearing in that new book Ultimates. But I always imagined that and her being in the X-Men at the same time...

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Put Gambit in New Avengers.
    Well, there was that time the entire Internet thought Gambit was going to be de-aged and made into Daredevil's apprentice... But Marvel had other plans.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I dunno... My idea was that Cessily had enough of mutant politics and figured that since the X-Men aren't really helping her cope with her situation, she'll instead try to actually live a life away from their nonsense. Not easy when her shiny metal skin is a dead giveaway for lynch mobs, but still better than getting thrown headfirst into mutant wars.
    Yea I am in agreement with this.

While she doesn't let it define her existence, Cess REALLY REALLY wants a regular boring life... or one as regular and boring as she can manage at least. There's some decent fun and drama in that journey.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by judaspaladin View Post
    It's clear most x-writers suffer from debilitating Geoff Johns Syndrome -if I didn't grow up with them I'm not writing them- leaving a lot of good characters to be killed off or just ignored so why let more mutants join the ranks of other hero teams?
    It's unprofessional for their part, but I can easily understand them --the lack of commitment of the editorial with work well done may dishearten anyone.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Bishop and Chamber to All New All Different Avengers
    Jubilee and Husk to Runaways

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Emma Frost in Uncanny Inhumans as Black Bolt's new wife.
    Hmm, I can't imagine Emma sleeping with the man that murdered her fellow mutants unless she was secretly plotting against him, like how she played Shaw. It would be completely OOC for her otherwise.