Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Giuseppe Camuncoli Interview from Newsarama on New ASM Series

http://www.newsarama.com/25971-giuse...pider-man.html

Two things that jump out, Mockingbird will act as Peter's bodyguard along side Spider-Man.
    -The other is
    I won't spoil anything, but the mystery of who or what is under that mask will be revealed in Amazing Spider-Man #1. Start guessing!
    Could be the little surprise Otto set-up in Spider-Verse, could be the Living Brain turning over a new leaf, But Camuncoli makes it sound like the new suit isn't worn by Peter Parker.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Astonishing Member

Here's hoping Peter fired Sajani, she was such a unlikable bitch I don't know which Spider-man female supporting cast more hateful for me, her or Michelle Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Here's hoping Peter fired Sajani, she was such a unlikable bitch I don't know which Spider-man female supporting cast more hateful for me, her or Michelle Gonzalez
    At least Michelle provide some funny moments. Sajani is just a hateful bitch who provide hateful and boring moments.

I'm wondering why Peter Parker needs a bodyguard, let alone two. Spidey i get, but why Mockingbird? Also, I hope we get to see Zodiac on a cover somewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm wondering why Peter Parker needs a bodyguard, let alone two. Spidey i get, but why Mockingbird?
    Because the nature of the work done by Parker's company--like openly working with Spider-Man and mayor Jameson to surb superhuman crime in NYC, depowering Electro, helping develop a cure for the Goblin formula, developing a new supervillain prison--puts him in the crosshairs of supercriminals looking to curtail their work or enact revenge. But now that Peter is the high-profile, media-centric head of a major tech corporation--as opposed to being a half-broke freelance photographer that nobody gives a damn about--he doesn't have the luxury of dropping everything at a moment's notice and disappearing to become Spider-Man, if some teched up, costumed whack job attacks him in the middle of a TV interview or a stockholders meeting. So having a visible, high-profile protector gives him cover to fend off the actual attack as it occurs. And, if the attacker manages to escape the initial confrontation, then he and his "bodyguard" can team up later--after the cameras and observers have gone--to track the bad guy down and finish him off.

So, basically, Mockingbird is Peter's beard. Another reason why this sounds like a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Because the nature of the work done by Parker's company--like openly working with Spider-Man and mayor Jameson to surb superhuman crime in NYC, depowering Electro, helping develop a cure for the Goblin formula, developing a new supervillain prison--puts him in the crosshairs of supercriminals looking to curtail their work or enact revenge. But now that Peter is the high-profile, media-centric head of a major tech corporation--as opposed to being a half-broke freelance photographer that nobody gives a damn about--he doesn't have the luxury of dropping everything at a moment's notice and disappearing to become Spider-Man, if some teched up, costumed whack job attacks him in the middle of a TV interview or a stockholders meeting. So having a visible, high-profile protector gives him cover to fend off the actual attack as it occurs. And, if the attacker manages to escape the initial confrontation, then he and his "bodyguard" can team up later--after the cameras and observers have gone--to track the bad guy down and finish him off.

So, basically, Mockingbird is Peter's beard. Another reason why this sounds like a bad idea.
    When did he do all that?

Well, Peter is actually gonna have at least two bodyguards, one being Mockingbird and the other one begin Spidey.
    I would prefer Black Widow, but Mockingbird is cool too.

And as a fan of that Japanese series, I couldn't be happier.
    I hope the new Zodiac's design look like with Saint Seiya's Gold Saints. That would be really cool.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So, is that Nick Fury or Nick Fury Jr.?

So, Peter isn't Spider-Man anymore?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So, is that Nick Fury or Nick Fury Jr.?

So, Peter isn't Spider-Man anymore?
    He's black so obviously Nick Fury JR. His bodyguard is mockingbird so he's working with SHIELD in some compacity nick sr is still on the moon
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    He's black so obviously Nick Fury JR. His bodyguard is mockingbird so he's working with SHIELD in some compacity nick sr is still on the moon
    Sardorim is referring to Ultimate Nick Fury
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

So Mockingbird is basically Spider-Man's sidekick now? That sounds like a terrible idea, her new costume appears pretty bland. And unless Iron Man's secret ID got wiped from everyone's mind along with Daredevil's post Secret Wars, I can't imagine the whole "Spider-Man as Peter Parker's bodyguard" bit will hold up for very long, once people recognize the blindingly obvious parallels between the two.

When the new direction was first announced I liked the idea of it, but I'm starting to have my doubts now.
    Last edited by kalorama; 09-19-2015 at 04:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    So Mockingbird is basically Spider-Man's sidekick now? That sounds like a terrible idea, her new costume appears pretty bland. And unless Iron Man's secret ID got wiped from everyone's mind along with Daredevil's post Secret Wars, I can't imagine the whole "Spider-Man as Peter Parker's bodyguard" bit will hold up for very long, once people recognize the blindingly obvious parallels between the two.

When the new direction was first announced I liked the idea of it, but I'm starting to have my doubts now.
    1, How is that a bad idea, Bobbi and Peter are basically smack talk gods and Peter likes confident girls.

2. SPider-Man for all he's good at in fighting, he is not invincible nor is safe from getting hurt by big timers like say electo or a skilled assassin like elecktra.