Page 285 of 286 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286 LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 4285
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    People forget that Wally had a long history before 1986.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Not to mention a true hard on for the Silver/Bronze Age likely wouldn't have resulted in him being banished from continuity altogether, cuz he wasn't exactly a minor player during it.

Dead Nora wouldn't be a thing either.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Not to mention a true hard on for the Silver/Bronze Age likely wouldn't have resulted in him being banished from continuity altogether, cuz he wasn't exactly a minor player during it.

Dead Nora wouldn't be a thing either.
    Then again, Identity Crisis was apparently a love letter to the Silver Age, so maybe DC just has a really creepy way of expressing love for that era.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Then again, Identity Crisis was apparently a love letter to the Silver Age, so maybe DC just has a really creepy way of expressing love for that era.
    Yikes, yeah I forgot about that.

If I ever get around to getting those Bronze Age omnibuses, I can't imagine I will have an urge to read Identity Crisis afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really am just tired of sad sack, depressed, Barry Allen.

It's always "my mom is dead," or "I can't be happy," or "my sidekicks hate me and I have to keep people at arms-length," or "it's all my fault," or "everyone else is more heroic then I am," or something that makes Barry depressing to follow or just come off bad.

That is not what The Flash is about.
    Almost like he needs that extroverted bff of his to cheer him up. Didn't they say we'd get more Brave and the Bold miniseries with other characters in the future? I mean who else exemplifies that moniker better than those two guys anyway? Let's get on with it, DC.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Almost like he needs that extroverted bff of his to cheer him up.
    ----Ralph?

I just imagined Ralph as a fighter pilot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really am just tired of sad sack, depressed, Barry Allen.

It's always "my mom is dead," or "I can't be happy," or "my sidekicks hate me and I have to keep people at arms-length," or "it's all my fault," or "everyone else is more heroic then I am," or something that makes Barry depressing to follow or just come off bad.

That is not what The Flash is about.
    This is why with every passing issue I think that Williamson was a terrible choice to write Barry. Terrible... He is almost the "antagonist" of his own book. Flash #50 was just the last straw to prove the point.

Almost like he needs that extroverted bff of his to cheer him up. Didn't they say we'd get more Brave and the Bold miniseries with other characters in the future? I mean who else exemplifies that moniker better than those two guys anyway? Let's get on with it, DC.
    Did they? I'd totally be down for that (although I think all team-ups should happen in moderation) .
    I just imagined Ralph as a fighter pilot.
    "I smell a mystery! Oh wait, that's a missile."
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    This is why with every passing issue I think that Williamson was a terrible choice to write Barry. Terrible... He is almost the "antagonist" of his own book. Flash #50 was just the last straw to prove the point.
    Yeah, I think it's become more and more clear that Williamson as a writer has a lot more passion and energy for writing Wally then he does Barry.

Which, personally, I'm not against since I also love Wally, but even as someone who once believed Williamson was actually a good writer for Barry...I'm starting to think the favoritism is coming at the expense of Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Yeah I noticed that. Not the terrible writing but the fact that it wasn't the New 52 Barry that I loved.

Extraordinary Member

Guy Gardner should be a life coach.

Perhaps Barry should hang out with Guy for some real talk.

Bat-zombies are worse than 'Marvel Zombies.'

The Joker is so annoying and his shtick has not only gotten old, but prehistoric.

It would be interesting to see them give Batman a 'Lois,' and really commit to the idea. It could be a return of Vicki Vale, Julie Madison or a new heroine.

A happy Bruce would be an ineffective Batman. Being bitter is what drives him, that's why he forgoes a personal life. So Bane's plan doesn't make any damn sense. Bruce will outlast Bane at the end of the day.

DC will never seriously mess with the Batman formula (they should), where he's the one character they could 'grow' and experiment with. Change up the status-quo in a meaningful way because the Batzombies would still eat it up.

Catwoman should be a straight-up villain again. Enough of this shades of grey nonsense and 'girlfriend of the bat' stuff.

Bruce and Selina should move on. I always thought that Selina was manipulating him most of the time anyway-going back to AdamWestBats.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    A happy Bruce would be an ineffective Batman. Being bitter is what drives him, that's why he forgoes a personal life. So Bane's plan doesn't make any damn sense. Bruce will outlast Bane at the end of the day.
    Bruce's bitterness doesn't drive him. A desire to help people does. He's saddened by his parents death, but back in the Bronze Age he had fun with his life. He didn't need to be miserable 24/7 to be effective.

DC will never seriously mess with the Batman formula (they should), where he's the one character they could 'grow' and experiment with. Change up the status-quo in a meaningful way because the Batzombies would still eat it up.
    Wouldn't marrying him off to Selina be something new? Something that they are still poised to do, even if we have to wait until the end of King's run and heavily advertising #50 as the wedding was really stupid on their part.

Catwoman should be a straight-up villain again. Enough of this shades of grey nonsense and 'girlfriend of the bat' stuff.

Bruce and Selina should move on. I always thought that Selina was manipulating him most of the time anyway-going back to AdamWestBats.
    Wouldn't returning Selina to villain status be the same old stuff that you said DC should break away from?

And the shades of gray thing has been going on since the dawn of time with her. She's rarely, if ever, been a straight up villain.

Boisterously Confused

Bat-zombies are worse than 'Marvel Zombies.'

The Joker is so annoying and his shtick has not only gotten old, but prehistoric.

It would be interesting to see them give Batman a 'Lois,' and really commit to the idea. It could be a return of Vicki Vale, Julie Madison or a new heroine.

Actually, a Catwoman that's been playing the infinitely smart Batman, but yet can't help loving him, is kind of a cool idea that can be played for years. It makes for a great Last Days Of Batman/Dawn Of Huntress setup (as an Elseworlds), but DC has proven they don't have that kind of discipline.

Bruce's bitterness doesn't drive him. A desire to help people does. He's saddened by his parents death, but back in the Bronze Age he had fun with his life. He didn't need to be miserable 24/7 to be effective.
    Agreed! There are a TON of characters that are Heroes... there are a ton of characters with the 'dead loved ones' schtick.... why is that Batman is the ONLY one that people think need to be a dark bitter miserable person?? Heck, all the robins have lost parents and he's helped them through it... but somehow he can't get past it himself makes him emotionally crippled... not a hero.

Wouldn't returning Selina to villain status be the same old stuff that you said DC should break away from?

And the shades of gray thing has been going on since the dawn of time with her. She's rarely, if ever, been a straight up villain.
    Actually, I wish we had more common Batman villains who were just 'criminals'... as opposed to homicidal maniacs out to break the current body count record. Joker, Two-face, etc are all fun and all... but sometimes just a thief who the police can't seem to catch is fun too. A nice villain where the 'WHY DOESN"T HE JUST KILL THEM!!!!" isn't a necessary question.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Actually, I wish we had more common Batman villains who were just 'criminals'... as opposed to homicidal maniacs out to break the current body count record. Joker, Two-face, etc are all fun and all... but sometimes just a thief who the police can't seem to catch is fun too. A nice villain where the 'WHY DOESN"T HE JUST KILL THEM!!!!" isn't a necessary question.
    Yes, even the Bat-Rogues who are killers need to have it dialed back considerably.

The Joker was a vastly better character when he wanted to be the most ingenious criminal mastermind of all time who loves to match wits with Batman; killing people in the process is a given, but only when he can do it in clever and unexpected ways, not just building up a gory body count for the sake of it.