Page 181 of 286 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4285

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Watchmen is good but it's not that good.

*Ducks*
    Why do you think that? It had me very engaged. I put it up there with Infinity Gauntlet, Dark Knight Strike Backs, Kingdom Comes.....I may have to reconsider Infinity Gauntlet

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Something great about Stan Lee's stories was that his super-heroes had the same problems that his readers did.
    Maybe Peter Parker did, but not so much Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Don Blake, Reed Richards, Ben Grimm, Bruce Banner, Charles Xavier, etc.

And honestly, my own personal life hasn't resembled Peter Parker's much; mine has had more in common with Barry Allen and Wally West (Pre-COIE).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Tony had a heart condition, Don had a bad leg, Ben hated the way he looked, Bruce hated his "job" as the Hulk, Charles was in a wheelchair. Steve and Reed not so much, but Steve's landing 20 years into the future should have been explored more.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Steve and Reed not so much, but Steve's landing 20 years into the future should have been explored more.
    Yeah...that was a fun aspect of Silver Age Captain America that went away after a while (because how could it not, though it would reemerge in the MCU). I was hoping DC would do this with Barry Allen after FINAL CRISIS (granted, Barry was gone for only a few years of DC continuity, as opposed to the twenty-plus years he had been gone in the real world), but DC didn't run with that.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Tony had a heart condition, Don had a bad leg, Ben hated the way he looked, Bruce hated his "job" as the Hulk, Charles was in a wheelchair. Steve and Reed not so much, but Steve's landing 20 years into the future should have been explored more.
    The trouble is, they've been struggling with these same problems for like 50 years. After a while, it gets old. Add to that, the DC characters have had depth of character added to them starting in the later Silver Age and the Bronze Age, and at this point Marvel really can't claim to have the only relateable heroes anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The trouble is, they've been struggling with these same problems for like 50 years. After a while, it gets old. Add to that, the DC characters have had depth of character added to them starting in the later Silver Age and the Bronze Age, and at this point Marvel really can't claim to have the only relateable heroes anymore.
    The point I was making way back in this thread is that it can't be all about guys going into outer space to save the universe three or four times a year. That stuff is too far removed from the human factor.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Here's my mine it's a doozie: The JSA,Seven Soldiers,DC mystical heroes, along with the Titans should have a "connection" with the Wildstorm universe, This would be through the Oblivion bar where all the above characters make cameos & guest appearances.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Anyone with a basic understanding of Newtonian and Einsteinian physics can think out ways to work against a body in motion that don't actually require super speed. And there are plenty of Rogues who have enough intelligence (Grodd, Kadabra, Thawne, Jesse . . . ) and/or mastery of physical properties (Cold, Heat-Wave, Boomerang, Mirror Master, . . .) to do an end run around the Flash, without the need for a head to head confrontation.
    I'd be interested to know how - bearing in mind that The Flash can go so fast the world around him stands still, and then he can casually stroll around with no forces of inertia to deal with.

Such as the fact that his body works a zillion times faster than his mind could possibly work.
    His mind has super speed as well, so if his body can speed up by a factor of 70 billion, so does his mind.

Related to this discussion about viable rogues, but something I've been mulling over for a while: The Flash needs to have his speed massively reduced, like to below the speed of sound, probably 100-200 mph tops. Still quick enough to generate whirlwinds, be useful in a fight, or get places relatively faster, but to fast enough to walk through walls, run through time, or incapacitate the rogues before their brain has time to process seeing him, let alone react. It would make reading Flash a lot less hairpluuling since his speed is currently so inconsistent.

Also, the speed force is pretty boring and I don't like reading about it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    His mind has super speed as well, so if his body can speed up by a factor of 70 billion, so does his mind.
    Then he'd be so smart that he could never err. More thoughts would occur to him in one second than would occur to anyone else in a lifetime. That makes no sense.

Then he'd be so smart that he could never err. More thoughts would occur to him in one second than would occur to anyone else in a lifetime. That makes no sense.
    His mind works quickly enough to keep pace with his motion, even quicker if you think about those instances where time seems to stand still for him.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    His mind works quickly enough to keep pace with his motion, even quicker if you think about those instances where time seems to stand still for him.
    If his mind is that fast, how can he ever be wrong?

There's just no need for that nonsense. Make him way the hell fast but don't be ridiculous about it.

If his mind is that fast, how can he ever be wrong?

There's just no need for that nonsense. Make him way the hell fast but don't be ridiculous about it.
    It's the only way for him to have anything resembling controlled motion at superspeed. Otherwise, he'd have trouble reacting to change of direction. I do agree that he needs to be powered down for his stories to be believable, even within the realm of comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Related to this discussion about viable rogues, but something I've been mulling over for a while: The Flash needs to have his speed massively reduced, like to below the speed of sound, probably 100-200 mph tops. Still quick enough to generate whirlwinds, be useful in a fight, or get places relatively faster, but to fast enough to walk through walls, run through time, or incapacitate the rogues before their brain has time to process seeing him, let alone react. It would make reading Flash a lot less hairpluuling since his speed is currently so inconsistent.

Also, the speed force is pretty boring and I don't like reading about it.
    Your post reminds me of post-crisis Wally when he first assumed the mantle of the Flash. His powers were greatly reduced, initially.