Page 248 of 286 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 4285

Boys are expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Damian should have been a girl.
    Jon should have been a girl. Having Superman dealing with a baby girl with his superpower could have been great. Also, if Damian ever graduate from Robin, I would like him to have Bloodbat as a nickname, it combines his obsession with being Batman's son (the Bat and the Blood), seems rather aggressive (fitting for him) and (to me) sounds like something the LoA could do.
    Last edited by Korath; 03-08-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Damian should have been left dead on the end of the Heretic's sword.
    The way Grant Morrison had it.

Also what ever happened to Ibn al Xu'ffasch?

Now him and Helena would have made an interesting team-up /fight.
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-08-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Jon should have been a girl. Having Superman dealing with a baby girl with his superpower could have been great. Also, if Damian ever graduate from Robin, I would like him to have Bloodbat as a nickname, it combines his obsession with being Batman's son (the Bat and the Blood), seems rather aggressive (fitting for him) and (to me) sounds like something the LoA could do.
    ....Don't we have Supergirl for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    ....Don't we have Supergirl for that?
    Not really. She doesn't have the dynamics of a father to daughter, she is Kal's cousin and because of shenaningans, is older but younger. That's not the same thing as Superman having a daughter with his powers and more. it would put Lois and Clark in situations where this kind of character isn't usually seen (kind of like Black Lightning tv series currently).

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I've come to love Damien but he could, and should, have found a new, unique name to call his own.
    What would you suggest? I can think of a few: Crow, Blood-bat, Pup (a baby bat), Deathwing, Knightwing/Dark Nightwing, Demon Child

All-New Member

I love Damian, and for me, I just started to really get into my Batman comics (I'm more of a Superman, GL, Justice League and Injustice reader, than anything else.), but I rarely see him being addressed as Robin, as much as I see him addressed as Damian. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    What would you suggest? I can think of a few: Crow, Blood-bat, Pup (a baby bat), Deathwing, Knightwing/Dark Nightwing, Demon Child
    I honestly don't know what I would have Damien go by. I'd think something.....G-rated. Something that sounds like a side-kick. It'd serve as a strong reminder that Damien is just a kid and provide some juxtaposition with his brutal methodology and obnoxious manner.

Sparrow maybe?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I've come to love Damien but he could, and should, have found a new, unique name to call his own.
    I'm all for Cass Cain returning to Black Bat (Orphan has to go), but for Damian we can go with...

Blackbird
    Devilwing (plays off Ra's al Ghul "Demon's Head," but why honor his grandfather and it's a little extra with Nightwing and Batwing around)
    Roc - a mythological bird from Arabian myths, but it's kind of basic and sounds like "rock"
    Or....we've never had a Bat Boy, have we?

It's hard to come up with something for Damian that's a natural extension of his character and fits well with "Batman & <blank>" like "Batman & Robin." Especially since Damian is a darker and more emotionally remote character than Bruce. Robin has kind of worked, but it's a little more joyful a moniker than Damian's personality, a interesting juxtaposition though I guess.

Damian means "tamer" which has a strong connotation, but the tamer of what?

:: puts on thinking cap ::
    Last edited by WonderScott; 03-09-2018 at 07:38 PM.

I honestly don't know what I would have Damien go by. I'd think something.....G-rated. Something that sounds like a side-kick. It'd serve as a strong reminder that Damien is just a kid and provide some juxtaposition with his brutal methodology and obnoxious manner.

Sparrow maybe?
    Actually, Sparrow was the combination of Robin and X-Men's Jubilee during the Amalgam thing where Marvel and DC characters merge together

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm all for Cass Cain returning to Black Bat (Orphan has to go), but for Damian we can go with...

Devilwing (plays off Ra's al Ghul "Demon's Head," but why honor his grandfather and it's a little extra with Nightwing and Batwing around)
    For Demon's Head I came up with Demon Child, but combining the two families you could go with Demon Knight

Or....we've never had a Bat Boy, have we?
    I could see Damien taking the name Bat Boy and take the bat theme up a notch by making an even creepier bat costume for himself and because of his small size he can hide in small places and jump scare some random thug and disappear before anyone else could see or hear what happened.

Damian means "tamer" which has a strong connotation, but the tamer of what?

:: puts on thinking cap ::
    Night Tamer, Law Tamer, Bat Tamer

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Watchmen is good but it's not that good.

*Ducks*
    This is so true plus George Perez's version of Robin looks so much tougher than any version of Nightwing which impresses me more due to the fact he's in shorts & green elf boots
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Planetary is a thousand times better than anything that has come out of DC
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I don't mind Grayson growing up and taking a new name. It was symbolic; taking control of his own life and making his own choices, as all young people must do when they grow up.

But I do think DC has gone way too far with the various Robins. It's like a damn internship at this point. I was good with the whole thing up to Tim. Dick grew up to find his own way, Jason's death was a major moment in the mythos, and Tim was the first Robin who could really stand on his own and open the name up to solo success. It should've stopped there.

I feel like, outside of Dick Grayson, there's never been a more appropriate character to call himself "Robin" than Damien. Fits him well.

ROBIN, SON OF BATMAN is such a great title.

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    Planetary is a thousand times better than anything that has come out of DC
    By the gods I love Planetary.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    This is so true plus George Perez's version of Robin looks so much tougher than any version of Nightwing which impresses me more due to the fact he's in shorts & green elf boots
    YES! I've said before that for all the flack the original Robin costume got... There were times I just loved it. Perez NAILS that costume and can somehow turn the short pants into a heroic looking character.