Page 1 of 286 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Lightbulb Your DC-Only controversial opinions...

Do you think Batman Forever is better than The Dark Knight? For you, Grant Morrison is a mediocre writer? Martian Manhunter is the best character DC have?
    Post your controversial opinions about everything DC related... characters, authors, past and present run, movies and TV series...

BANNED

Covers where you can't tell what's going on are stupid.

BANNED

Blown-up panels are a naked emperor that cheats you by putting too little story in each issue.

BANNED

The emotional spectrum in Green Lantern was always a gimmick with no staying power.

Watchmen is good but it's not that good.

*Ducks*
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Incredible Member

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe should be molded into the main DC Continuity, and crossover with the New Gods on occasion. This mean He-Man becoming a DC character, yes.

More of a straight idea than opinion, but I'm sure it's controversial...

Yes I know He-Man is owned by Mattel

Yes I know He-Man is owned by Mattel

Still know He-Man is owned by Mattel.

BANNED

Less is more with super-powers. Many characters are so ramped-up now that it's too hard for writers to subject them to credible threats.

I find almost any other member of the Batfamily (Nightwing, Robin (Pick one), Batgirl (Again, pick one), etc) more interesting than Batman himself
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    I find almost any other member of the Batfamily (Nightwing, Robin (Pick one), Batgirl (Again, pick one), etc) more interesting than Batman himself
    I just flat-out don't like Batman. What's to like?

The Vision is a better Superman than Superman ...

Wonder Woman as a miracle child born from clay is far cooler than her being just another brat of Zeus

Wonder Woman being the daughter of Zeus if far cooler then her being some miracle child born from clay.

JLI's success in the late 80s has been downplayed by people in charge who didn't like it.

It irks me that Dynamite can put out so many pulp-related books and DC, with all their golden age mystery men, can't even put out one. Even with the success of Sandman Mystery Theatre.

Wolfman and Perez's New Teen Titans should've been treated like a crown jewel and exploited to the same degree that Marvel has done with Claremont's X-Men.

Taking the unused, obscure and fringe DC characters away from possible Vertigo use was a bad idea. All the DC Dark titles of New52 would've done better if they weren't tied to a shared universe and allowed to be more creative.

The five-year timeline was a bad idea.
    And leaving Batman, Green Lantern and Legion initially unscathed in the reboot was a bad idea.
    They should've just started over from scratch, jumping ahead ten years at launch. Then do a weekly series to fill in the blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Wonder Woman being the daughter of Zeus if far cooler then her being some miracle child born from clay.
    And now we must duel at 20 paces or something ;0)

The Crisis on Infinite Earths was completely unnecessary. All DC needed to do was put fresh talent on all their titles like they did with Swamp Thing.
    Multiple Earths being confusing was the excuse of lazy writers and editors.