Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Lightbulb Your DC-Only controversial opinions...

Do you think Batman Forever is better than The Dark Knight? For you, Grant Morrison is a mediocre writer? Martian Manhunter is the best character DC have?
    Post your controversial opinions about everything DC related... characters, authors, past and present run, movies and TV series...

BANNED

Covers where you can't tell what's going on are stupid.

BANNED

Blown-up panels are a naked emperor that cheats you by putting too little story in each issue.

BANNED

The emotional spectrum in Green Lantern was always a gimmick with no staying power.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    The emotional spectrum in Green Lantern was always a gimmick with no staying power.
    I don't mind being suckered into a gimmick as long as it produces results and keeps me thoroughly entertained. In that case, by all means, please do gimmick away. War of Light has produced some of my favorite characters of the last decade.
    Reading: Dr. Fate, Constantine: The Hellblazer

Watchmen is good but it's not that good.

*Ducks*
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post

*Ducks*
    Why do you think that? It had me very engaged. I put it up there with Infinity Gauntlet, Dark Knight Strike Backs, Kingdom Comes.....I may have to reconsider Infinity Gauntlet

Well even if you don't think it's that good it does have a profound cultrual impact. It completely changed the way we see superheroes because it allowed them to be more relatable and human. It may not be perfect, but it is a milestone in comics, along with The Dark Knight Returns, paving the way for the darker, grittier modern age of comic books.

Martian Manhunter is a really good character and the fact that he's an outsider shunned by many makes him a very relatable character. However, I do not think he should join the DC Extended Universe because they have touched on that theme of the outsider already with Superman, and focused on it alot in Man of Steel. In the Gritty DCEU version of Superman, Martian Manhunter would be a copy of superman whose only difference from him is that he's green, especially to mainstreme audiences. However, I do love what they are doing with the character on Supergirl, with Season 2 now introducing Miss Martian.

Watchmen was great but the ending sucked

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

*Ducks*
    This is so true plus George Perez's version of Robin looks so much tougher than any version of Nightwing which impresses me more due to the fact he's in shorts & green elf boots
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    This is so true plus George Perez's version of Robin looks so much tougher than any version of Nightwing which impresses me more due to the fact he's in shorts & green elf boots
    YES! I've said before that for all the flack the original Robin costume got... There were times I just loved it. Perez NAILS that costume and can somehow turn the short pants into a heroic looking character.

BANNED

*Ducks*
    that is right. Its OK but it was not the block buster storyline that legend would have you believe.

BANNED

The Terrifics is not so good. The storyline is flat and without depth. I thought it would be promising, but its not working. It needs a different writer.

Incredible Member

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe should be molded into the main DC Continuity, and crossover with the New Gods on occasion. This mean He-Man becoming a DC character, yes.

More of a straight idea than opinion, but I'm sure it's controversial...

Yes I know He-Man is owned by Mattel

Yes I know He-Man is owned by Mattel

Still know He-Man is owned by Mattel.