Page 16 of 286 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    And superhero movies with female protagonists don't get made because the evil patriarchy would rather keep women down than make money.
    Would you mind clarifying that stance?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Would you mind clarifying that stance?
    That was sarcasm.

I'm waiting patiently for the first mainstream male hero to be regularly exploited sexually with a massive crotch that's put in similar situations as Power Girl's boobs.
    Especially on covers, with the crotch in the readers' faces.

So I can laugh at all the reactions.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

-If they kill off a Green Lantern, it should be Kyle. He has no purpose if he's not the only Lantern.

-Hawkman and Hawkwoman's histories aren't all that confusing.

-Tim Drake is the most boring Robin.

-You're supposed to dislike Guy Gardner but that's what make him entertaining.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    -If they kill off a Green Lantern, it should be Kyle. He has no purpose if he's not the only Lantern.

-Hawkman and Hawkwoman's histories aren't all that confusing.

-Tim Drake is the most boring Robin.

-You're supposed to dislike Guy Gardner but that's what make him entertaining.
    If you write Guy properly, the readers will like him. But still, he can get away with doing things that the other Lanterns can't. That's what should make him a pleasure to write about and to read about.

If you write Guy properly, the readers will like him. But still, he can get away with doing things that the other Lanterns can't. That's what should make him a pleasure to write about and to read about.
    I believe Guy Gardner is basically a "Reggie", and is best used as a supporting member that causes minor obstacles, or complications, for the main character(s) while they deal with a more important problem.
    This often takes the form of the "Reggie" character thinking he knows best how to resolve the problem, doesn't consult the others, and then accidentally makes things worse.
    Also, the "Reggie" character can often feel unappreciated or that they're more deserving of the praise that's showered on the main heroes, and intentionally cause problems (never major, just minor) to make the main heroes look less heroic than him/her.

Guy Gardner as the main hero doesn't work as well, because he has no one to be envious of.
    And if you take away his envy, pride and jealousy to make him more relatable to readers, you don't have much left to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by TRS80 View Post
    -The Guardians of the Universe have been woefully underestimated. Guardians as villains is played out. They should regain their godlike intellect, status, and power levels. Only now, policing the emotional spectrum as well. They should have emotions and even access to the entire spectrum. Will only being the preferred method.
    -Sinestro should conquer the Vega system. And establish order in his own way. And the guardians should reopen the no fly zone as a new peace treaty. I like where the new Sinestro book is going. Hes a fascist dictator to me. And in a space opera, the bad guys own galaxies, not countries.
    -The Blue Lanterns are my favorite. But I see them as the DC universes version of Jedi or an intergalactic Kung Fu series revamp. Make it happen.
    -Kyle Rayner should lead the Guardian's new honor guard. This time, Kyle and the guardians spread out the white lantern powers to a small group of worthy individuals who make up the new honor guard.
    -The Guardian's can put as many green lanterns in a sector as necessary to maintain order. But, no less than two.
    -The restrictions of time, power levels, or weakness to color(yellow) or specific organic compounds(wood) are poor plot devices. Power Batteries are lame. Each ring should be powered by the central power battery at all times.
    -The television and cinematic universes should stay separate realities, but be able to crossover.
    I love these ideas! Especially Sinestro conquering the Vega system. THAT would be epic.

Jedi-style Blue Lanterns. God yes.

Incredible Member

We can agree to disagree there. I just say give the emotional spectrum a title and let's see what happens. I think it would flop, but if it didn't, then you'd get to enjoy it and I'd certainly suffer no harm.
    I disagree. One title isn't enough to contain such a mythos.

There are story opportunities that exists for all of the Corps on an individual basis. And most have not been event remotely explored.

There is a whole universe of possibilities for them. A majority of which have nothing to do with interaction with the other Corps.

Larfleeze got his own book. Such as it was. It was entertaining. But also impossible to sustain without a longterm plan behind it. Which it just didn't have.

Red Lanterns I count as a sorely missed opportunity. It was so focused on infighting and occasional brushes with the Green Lanterns, that very minimal character development took place.

And this doesn't count the disruption of the whole Green Lantern line that was the New 52 reboot. The whole Green Lantern property was utterly derailed by it. And what came after the reboot was a pale immitation of what had come before.

The Indigo Tribe had a lot of possibilities. But the one thing I disagree with Johns on doing with them was making them one-dimensional and utterly brainwashed by their rings. Where was the characterization? We got very little

The Star Sapphires were sorely underused. And they have some of the more facinating possibilities for interaction within the universe. Having them largely being sidekicks and hangers on did nothing for the stories that could have been told with them. They have a ton of untapped potential.

As for Guy Gardener. I'm a fan of Guy. I always have been. And I dislike his rebooted origin. Because it erased all of the lessons he learned over the years as he grew as a hero. The why of Guy Gardener being who he is, is vital to understanding the character to begin with.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I liked Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl/Barbara and Alfred's orphaned niece and would want to see this version of the character expanded upon in comics and/or TV/film/games.

Uma Thurman would have made a great Poison Ivy in a Batman film not directed by Joel Schumacher.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I believe Guy Gardner is basically a "Reggie", and is best used as a supporting member that causes minor obstacles, or complications, for the main character(s) while they deal with a more important problem.
    This often takes the form of the "Reggie" character thinking he knows best how to resolve the problem, doesn't consult the others, and then accidentally makes things worse.
    Also, the "Reggie" character can often feel unappreciated or that they're more deserving of the praise that's showered on the main heroes, and intentionally cause problems (never major, just minor) to make the main heroes look less heroic than him/her.

Guy Gardner as the main hero doesn't work as well, because he has no one to be envious of.
    And if you take away his envy, pride and jealousy to make him more relatable to readers, you don't have much left to work with.
    I've proved in my blog that he doesn't need anyone to be envious of. Use the link on the previous page. And as you can see there, I have many more stories to put him in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    I disagree. One title isn't enough to contain such a mythos.

There are story opportunities that exists for all of the Corps on an individual basis. And most have not been event remotely explored.

There is a whole universe of possibilities for them. A majority of which have nothing to do with interaction with the other Corps.

Larfleeze got his own book. Such as it was. It was entertaining. But also impossible to sustain without a longterm plan behind it. Which it just didn't have.

Red Lanterns I count as a sorely missed opportunity. It was so focused on infighting and occasional brushes with the Green Lanterns, that very minimal character development took place.

And this doesn't count the disruption of the whole Green Lantern line that was the New 52 reboot. The whole Green Lantern property was utterly derailed by it. And what came after the reboot was a pale immitation of what had come before.

The Indigo Tribe had a lot of possibilities. But the one thing I disagree with Johns on doing with them was making them one-dimensional and utterly brainwashed by their rings. Where was the characterization? We got very little

The Star Sapphires were sorely underused. And they have some of the more facinating possibilities for interaction within the universe. Having them largely being sidekicks and hangers on did nothing for the stories that could have been told with them. They have a ton of untapped potential.

As for Guy Gardener. I'm a fan of Guy. I always have been. And I dislike his rebooted origin. Because it erased all of the lessons he learned over the years as he grew as a hero. The why of Guy Gardener being who he is, is vital to understanding the character to begin with.
    Hey, first things first. Put them in one title and see what happens. Then if it proves a smashing success you can talk about 20 titles or however many might be called for.

As far as "explaining" Guy -- I wouldn't do that. I'd just put him out there DOING stuff. Anyone who has stories to tell would be eager to tell them and wouldn't waste time putting him on the couch.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 09-21-2015 at 03:50 PM.

I've proved in my blog that he doesn't need anyone to be envious of. Use the link on the previous page. And as you can see there, I have many more stories to put him in.
    See... and that's why my opinion could be considered controversial...
    ;-)

Did you click on the link to my blog on the previous page? .
    I've proved in my blog that he doesn't need anyone to be envious of. I have many more stories to put him in.
    no one is interested in your fan fiction. please stop pushing it.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Oh, I forgot my most controversial opinion of all: the Fortress of Solitude (or ideally Fort Superman as it was originally named) kicks the Batcave's ass any day of the week.
    Buh-bye

The United Kingdom (Scotland,England,Wales,N.Ireland) and europe are under represented in DC comics.