Page 172 of 286 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 4285

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    May we have a moment of silence for the sad little joke that sounded much funnier in my head?
    lol Sometimes stuff doesnt translate through text, does it?

But hey, you have a Greatest American Hero avatar, so I think you can be forgiven.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    His shapeshifting means that he can have super strength, speen and durability.

Exactly, but they give him those powers regardless of him shapeshifting into something strong or durable, and thats what i dont like.

I want 2 clear powers for him that can be expanded from that.
    Total control over his entire body, and mental powers.

Kryptonians have adapted to their crushing gravity and the killer wavelengths shooting down on them from their sun. Their bodies are as far advanced as "naturally" possible, but to hear things on space, lift things that shoukd fall apart, move at the speed or light, fly,x ray vision, and even direct what is in their lungs, they need their mental powers to accomplish them. Why do you think Superman can get beat down, then amazingly comeback and kick butt like it was nothing? Why do you think young kryptonians seem to get all the powers, but not abke to fly or do things at ease like their adult counterparts? Kryptonians are born growing into their physical powers, but only get their mental powers when they reach adulthood. Hearing things places you shouldn't be able to makes sense when you add remote viewing to his super hearing.
    Atleast thats how i see it

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Exactly, but they give him those powers regardless of him shapeshifting into something strong or durable, and thats what i dont like.

I want 2 clear powers for him that can be expanded from that.
    Total control over his entire body, and mental powers.

Kryptonians have adapted to their crushing gravity and the killer wavelengths shooting down on them from their sun. Their bodies are as far advanced as "naturally" possible, but to hear things on space, lift things that shoukd fall apart, move at the speed or light, fly,x ray vision, and even direct what is in their lungs, they need their mental powers to accomplish them. Why do you think Superman can get beat down, then amazingly comeback and kick butt like it was nothing? Why do you think young kryptonians seem to get all the powers, but not abke to fly or do things at ease like their adult counterparts? Kryptonians are born growing into their physical powers, but only get their mental powers when they reach adulthood. Hearing things places you shouldn't be able to makes sense when you add remote viewing to his super hearing.
    Atleast thats how i see it
    Totally agree. In the old Fleischer Superman cartoons it said that the Kryptonians were at the peak of physical and mental perfection. They should physically be at the golden age Superman level when depowered at least and i agree that they should have some mental abilities. They are still alien. Spatial awareness, remote sensing, and some limited telekinetic like abilities a lot like the jedi force abilities. When they get to earth, these abilities are further enhanced to sick levels. I really liked what Kirkman set up with smart atoms in the Invincible series. I always felt that should explain the physical abilities and it's pretty cool to that on the atomic level, they are super. Definitely check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Martian manhunter shouldn't have super strength, speed, or durability, his shapeshifting and YJ like TK should take its place.

I also like cassie with tim, conner with megan, just like on YJ.

The "beyond" universe should have been where the YJ4 and its generation was the JL
    It's funny that the YJ martians have the exact same powerset that martian Manhunter had when he first debuted in Detective Comics. He didn't portray any of the Superman like powers he later developed but had telepathy, telekinesis, shape-shifting and invisibility, etc. Those are unique. the shape-shifting and density control can create super strength and with tk on top of that, he'd be a beast. As for couples, I really really like Conner with Megan. It's canon in two universes and they're awesome together imo. I actually like Tim and Cassie in the YJ show. The way they were done felt right. I wish we had the YJ 4 back. I keep holding out hope that maybe they'll come back.

BANNED

Good to hear from you 13.

Agree on everything, i usually do more than not.

Btw i see kon-els Powers being like supermans just fractured.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    There's several posters here who have kept up the pretense that the 52 was a financial failure. I wont name names though, cause that'd be kinda rude. But I know at least one or two of them got so ridiculous with it they were spoken to by mods.
    Yeah, there were. It derailed god knows how many threads on here. I'm glad the mods stepped in (if true).

They were persistent buggers too. They'd come out with certain 'proof', get shot down, go quiet for a few days and then come blazing back trying to make the same case but from a slightly different viewpoint ('yeah, but if we look at it THIS way...'). They hated the reboot and therefore it HAD to be shown to be a failed enterprise. The DCEU films are suffering from the same thing, again despite the overwhelming evidence that says otherwise.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Yeah, there were. It derailed god knows how many threads on here. I'm glad the mods stepped in (if true).
    It was true, believe me.

They were persistent buggers too. They'd come out with certain 'proof', get shot down, go quiet for a few days and then come blazing back trying to make the same case but from a slightly different viewpoint ('yeah, but if we look at it THIS way...'). They hated the reboot and therefore it HAD to be shown to be a failed enterprise. The DCEU films are suffering from the same thing, again despite the overwhelming evidence that says otherwise.
    It's really just (unsuccessful) disinformation in a nutshell.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

I thought DCEU was supposed to stand for DC (Detective Comics) Entertainment Universe. But then I found out it's supposed to mean DC Extended Universe. How did they come up with that (and who is "they")?

The comics have an extended universe, the cartoons have an extended universe, the TV shows have an extended universe. So shouldn't the DC movie universe be the DCMU? Or am I missing something here?

BANNED

We don't need more Lanterns. We need good stories about the ones we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I thought DCEU was supposed to stand for DC (Detective Comics) Entertainment Universe. But then I found out it's supposed to mean DC Extended Universe. How did they come up with that (and who is "they")?

The comics have an extended universe, the cartoons have an extended universe, the TV shows have an extended universe. So shouldn't the DC movie universe be the DCMU? Or am I missing something here?
    I think its just a shorthand that fans have come up with, sort of like how the Marvel films happen in the "MCCU" (Marvel Comics Cinematic Universe) or sometimes just "MCU" (Marvel Cinematic Universe). I dont think there's any official title.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Disinformation. I like that word Darknight. God the internet's good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think its just a shorthand that fans have come up with, sort of like how the Marvel films happen in the "MCCU" (Marvel Comics Cinematic Universe) or sometimes just "MCU" (Marvel Cinematic Universe). I dont think there's any official title.
    Isn't the new film division being overseen by Johns and Berg simply called 'DC Films'? I thought the DCEU was a fan/media term also. To differentiate it from the MCU.

Dc should probably just abandon or minimize paper comics and just shift to web comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It was true, believe me.

I think that nonsense had something to do with DC shutting down its message boards. There were a lot of people on there constantly making that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Disinformation. I like that word Darknight. God the internet's good at that.

Isn't the new film division being overseen by Johns and Berg simply called 'DC Films'? I thought the DCEU was a fan/media term also. To differentiate it from the MCU.
    The fans came up with the DCCU but for some reason WB/DC decided that it should be DCEU. No idea why but I do know that they came up with the DCEU.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The fans came up with the DCCU but for some reason WB/DC decided that it should be DCEU. No idea why but I do know that they came up with the DCEU.
    It sounds clunky and complicated. When we first started using it I'd always have to stop and think of what the E stood for.