Page 240 of 286 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4285
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Oh and Mark Millar's excellent run comes in-between Moore and Veitch.
    I think Millar's run get's a split reception, some people say it's great some people say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    Speaking as someone who hasn't read any other Swamp Thing comics, I was enjoying Scott Snyder's run until around after Volume 2.
    I actually think Scott Snyder's run got (The slightest bit) better as the series progressed.

I liked the issue where Alec Holland travels to Abigail Arcane's hometown, and the final main story arc, that takes Swamp Thing to an alternate timeline, where The Rot has taken over the world. The dystopian alternate reality trope has been done to death, and this storyline is not amazing or anything, but I thought it was pretty good, it get's rid of many of the problems that have plagued the previous issues of Scott Snyder's run.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 09-07-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Even though I'm glad the show is coming back to give more representation to the wider DC universe, I don't think Young Justice is nearly as great as it could be. The awkward exposition heavy info dump dialogue and bland aesthetics* are it's major weaknesses. It comes up far short compared to other DC shows, and especially to Weisman's work on Gargoyles (epic) and Spectacular Spider-Man. Plus, the only Wonder Woman villain they chose to use is Devastation, so as far as that goes, the show is trash.

*Sportsmaster is the epitome of this problem. Why take a fun, gimmicky villain like Sportsmaster and turn him into a bland, generic mercenary who has nothing sports related going on?
    I actually like Devastation in Young Justice, I thought it was a cooler villain than their comic counterpart imo. My main problem with YJ is that I think it's pretty much Teen Titans under other name (to the point that Dick an Wally are founders), and I think Weismann focuses way too much onto relationships, but I consider it the best animated show DC put on air after Timmverse was over and of course I consider it better than DCAU movies

Incredible Member

Even though I'm glad the show is coming back to give more representation to the wider DC universe, I don't think Young Justice is nearly as great as it could be. The awkward exposition heavy info dump dialogue and bland aesthetics* are it's major weaknesses. It comes up far short compared to other DC shows, and especially to Weisman's work on Gargoyles (epic) and Spectacular Spider-Man. Plus, the only Wonder Woman villain they chose to use is Devastation, so as far as that goes, the show is trash.

*Sportsmaster is the epitome of this problem. Why take a fun, gimmicky villain like Sportsmaster and turn him into a bland, generic mercenary who has nothing sports related going on?
    To be fair.Given the angle they went with.I don't think gimmicky and fun was going to fit.As for his name,maybe he was a gym teacher at somepoint.:P

The time jump ruined YJ for me. I was really enjoying season one with the superboy/Miss Martian relationship. Dick as Robin, and new Aqualad. I thought it was fresh and interesting take on a Titans story....

Then all momentum came to a crashing halt, they restructured the entire team, added WAY too many people to the team and retired or evil-ized some old favorites. I think the idea of this grand YJ revival is overrated for me, since season 2 already killed everything I loved about season 1.

I pretty much felt the same about Avengers Earth's mightiest Heroes. Season one was amazing with classic characters and classic costumes doing classic things... then they 'updated' all the costumes and drug out the Secret invasion story I couldn't stand in the comics.. yet wrapped up Galactus and all 3 or 4 heralds in 22 minutes.... EMH season one was the best I've ever seen an avengers cartoon... but I honestly liked Avenger's Assembled better then I liked EMH season 2.

Um Sportsmaster still uses sports themed weaponry and clothing. And it isn't like he's the first villain that was reinvented into something less silly. Look at DCAU Mr Freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    The time jump ruined YJ for me. I was really enjoying season one with the superboy/Miss Martian relationship. Dick as Robin, and new Aqualad. I thought it was fresh and interesting take on a Titans story....

Then all momentum came to a crashing halt, they restructured the entire team, added WAY too many people to the team and retired or evil-ized some old favorites. I think the idea of this grand YJ revival is overrated for me, since season 2 already killed everything I loved about season 1.

I pretty much felt the same about Avengers Earth's mightiest Heroes. Season one was amazing with classic characters and classic costumes doing classic things... then they 'updated' all the costumes and drug out the Secret invasion story I couldn't stand in the comics.. yet wrapped up Galactus and all 3 or 4 heralds in 22 minutes.... EMH season one was the best I've ever seen an avengers cartoon... but I honestly liked Avenger's Assembled better then I liked EMH season 2.
    They didn't turn anyone evil. It was a ruse to subvert the villains from within

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They didn't turn anyone evil. It was a ruse to subvert the villains from within
    Yeah, but it took all season for that plot twist to be revealed. So we had a whole season of Evil Aqualad and an episode or two of good Aqualad. Which is really my issue with Time jumps like this. You don't get to see the natural growth and development of characters... They just switch around roles like pieces on a game board just to screw with you. What? You loved the first season!!! Great news, here's season two!!!! Oh by the way, Wally's retired, Dick's Nightwing now, Aqualad is evil, Miss Martian dumped Superboy and is dating someone you probably never heard of.... but yeah!!! And the whole season will be plot around Blue Beetle who wasn't there in season one!! But it's totally the same show you loved about sidekicks trying to prove themselves and be taken seriously by their mentors....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah, but it took all season for that plot twist to be revealed. So we had a whole season of Evil Aqualad and an episode or two of good Aqualad. Which is really my issue with Time jumps like this. You don't get to see the natural growth and development of characters... They just switch around roles like pieces on a game board just to screw with you. What? You loved the first season!!! Great news, here's season two!!!! Oh by the way, Wally's retired, Dick's Nightwing now, Aqualad is evil, Miss Martian dumped Superboy and is dating someone you probably never heard of.... but yeah!!! And the whole season will be plot around Blue Beetle who wasn't there in season one!! But it's totally the same show you loved about sidekicks trying to prove themselves and be taken seriously by their mentors....
    The Aqualad plot twist of being good all along was revealed in the 7th episode of season 2. Him being evil didn't even take half the season to be revealed as a lie

The Aqualad plot twist of being good all along was revealed in the 7th episode of season 2. Him being evil didn't even take half the season to be revealed as a lie
    Yeah?
    I remember it differently, but I'll take your word on it. I only watched season 2 once and it was quite awhile ago. Even so the rest of my points still instilled that sense of disappointment in me and my general apathy for a future season. I'm sure I'll watch it if they make it... and if they don't I'd be fine too.
    Last edited by phantom1592; 09-07-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I dislike the Red Robin alias for Tim Drake because it is to derivative of "Robin", and it reminds me of the terrible fast food restaurant.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 09-09-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Um Sportsmaster still uses sports themed weaponry and clothing. And it isn't like he's the first villain that was reinvented into something less silly. Look at DCAU Mr Freeze.
    He's got a hockey mask on, but that's pretty much it.

Just because Mr. Freeze was well done with a serious take doesn't mean every other attempt was successful. He also had a costume and gimmick that reflected his name, and wasn't boring to look at.

He's got a hockey mask on, but that's pretty much it.
    He also used a discus, a vaulting pole, a fencing saber, a throwing hammer and javelins.

Just because Mr. Freeze was well done with a serious take doesn't mean every other attempt was successful. He also had a costume and gimmick that reflected his name, and wasn't boring to look at.
    Well most people don't feel this way about YJ Sportsmaster and at the very least they liked his look. May not have worked for you but it did work for others.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He also used a discus, a vaulting pole, a fencing saber, a throwing hammer and javelins.

Well most people don't feel this way about YJ Sportsmaster and at the very least they liked his look. May not have worked for you but it did work for others.
    Must have missed those. I have more memory of him using guns and blades than anything else.

I'm well aware it worked for others. I was expressing why it didn't work for me (and I imagine maybe some other people).

iMan 42s

Looking at posters and trailers with the Justice League irritate me because Wonder Woman was the only proven success. Wonder woman was great for DC/WB, and her inclusion in the Justice League may either make her even better, or runs the risk of degrading what was a great starting point for a franchise down to the debatable depths of success of the Superman franchise. If anything I feel like Wonder Woman might actually be too good for the League and dependent on how she is portrayed runs the risk of damaging something truly great.

Injustice 2's story does something very wrong in that it used Braniac instead of building on the events from the last game. Instead of confronting the morality of Batman being in a lesser but albeit simmilar position to Superman from the first game, it would've been wise to gray the area surrounding the differences between Kal and Bruce. Damian even mentions that Batman is fine with crippling injuries and the revolving door system of Arkham. So in the long run who is doing more damage, what is the best way for superheroes to operate given the extreme circumstances of the setting, is Batman justified in using a murder like Harley like Kal did with Bane? Where does the line get drawn? Does a line even exist? Instead no answer is given and in the end it's a good or bad ending with Batman and Superman missing a good part of why the debate in the Injustice universe is so good.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I dislike the Red Robin alias for Tim Drake because it is to derivative of "Robin", and it reminds me of the terrible fast food restaurant.
    Whaaaaaat?!
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)