Page 247 of 286 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4285
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Classic DC ended in 1983 when Dick Grayson made the switch from Robin to Nightwing.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I....damn.....I never thought of it like that.

My mind.....

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I know it more as a girl's name myself, at least in the US. The UK is a different story.
    Yup, it's one of those male names--like Ashley, Blair and Darcy--that American parents decided should be female.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well, yeah. I've argued this point before at length. Some people even say that "Robin" is a girl's name despite Robin Hood, among others, having that name. I always felt there should only be one Robin and that should be Dick Grayson and he should have that identity for life. Likewise, there need never be another Batman.

I know, with the whole legacy thing, DC discovered they could generate a lot more revenue by creating multiples. But I prefer that each character gets his or her own name. You can still have an extended Batman family, if that's really important for the profit margin, but you can create new names. Like Man-Bat, Spoiler, Anarky, Harley Quinn.
    I don't mind Grayson growing up and taking a new name. It was symbolic; taking control of his own life and making his own choices, as all young people must do when they grow up.

But I do think DC has gone way too far with the various Robins. It's like a damn internship at this point. I was good with the whole thing up to Tim. Dick grew up to find his own way, Jason's death was a major moment in the mythos, and Tim was the first Robin who could really stand on his own and open the name up to solo success. It should've stopped there.

I've come to love Damien but he could, and should, have found a new, unique name to call his own.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Damian should have been a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    +1

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    It would've been interesting to see a contemporary version of Helena Wayne brought into post-Crisis, especially with Bertinelli running around.

Could've been very X-23-ish.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Pantha and Flamebird should always be on the Titans team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It would've been interesting to see a contemporary version of Helena Wayne brought into post-Crisis, especially with Bertinelli running around.

Could've been very X-23-ish.
    We may get a Helena Wayne sometime yet between Batsy and Catsy, depending on how this marriage and Doomsday Clock thing work out.

Helena Wayne vs . Damian Wayne really should be a promoted fight.

BANNED

It would've been interesting to see a contemporary version of Helena Wayne brought into post-Crisis, especially with Bertinelli running around..
    Having them be a modern Helena would have made this slightly better, but no matter what, had Damian been a girl, I don't think I'd be able to have any fondness for them in the slightest.

If Batman and Catwoman have a daughter, I'm trying to imagine Damian being a big brother. ::scratches chin and ponders::

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    +1

10chars
    One of these days I'll get around to actually drafting my Cannibal Continuity conversation thread. Combining the characters of Cassandra Cain and Damian Wayne into a single young antihero is one of the first and easiest redundancies I have in mind.

There should always be as many Batman family members as Spider-Man family members as Wolverine family members.

(Batman probably still has the most sidekicks, acolytes, partners, and family members out of any other character I think.)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I've come to love Damien but he could, and should, have found a new, unique name to call his own.
    Since he's attached to Dick at the hip, "Flamebird" seems the obvious alternative to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Since he's attached to Dick at the hip, "Flamebird" seems the obvious alternative to me.
    LOL

Can he wear the costume too?
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-08-2018 at 03:23 PM.