Page 254 of 286 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 4285

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Indeed. The Post-COIE DC Universe was built on a foundation of corpses.
    As are we all.

I'd wager that the problems with DC is that it is kept from death.

Dunno if controversial but:

I really enjoyed Johns & McKone's Teen Titans run overall but I did find VERY boring when the story ONLY focused on Tim, Cassie and Conner. Somehow, they never grew on me nor I really cared about them... maybe Cass a little.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post

I really enjoyed Johns & McKone's Teen Titans run overall but I did find VERY boring when the story ONLY focused on Tim, Cassie and Conner. Somehow, they never grew on me nor I really cared about them... maybe Cass a little.
    Have you read Young Justice? Those 3, as well as Bart, were transformed beyond recognition by Johns and were much better characters there, and in the case of the boys, their solo books as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Have you read Young Justice? Those 3, as well as Bart, were transformed beyond recognition by Johns and were much better characters there, and in the case of the boys, their solo books as well.
    No, I haven't and I really didn't have any problem with Bart. Maybe they were worse in YJ, I don't really know, but for those three, specially Conner, I found boring every story involved around them.

BANNED

No, I haven't and I really didn't have any problem with Bart. Maybe they were worse in YJ, I don't really know, but for those three, specially Conner, I found boring every story involved around them.
    You mean better?

But I agree. I think that Johns' run sucks and I hate it more than almost any other Titans/Teen Titans run. And man have their been a lot of bad ones.
    Last edited by Assam; 04-02-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Mighty Member

You mean better?

But I agree. I think that Johns' run sucks and I hate it more than almost any other Titans/Teen Titans run. And man have their been a lot of bad ones.
    I'm anxiously awaiting vol 3 of John's run... It's my favorite TT run ever, although it is the run that got me into TT, so it has an advantage on all the other runs.

IS not liking his run controversial? I always though it was well liked, what do you all think?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    although it is the run that got me into TT, so it has an advantage on all the other runs.

IS not liking his run controversial? I always though it was well liked, what do you all think?
    Sounds like you understand why it is controversial. It's well-liked by the majority, but the minority, a good chunk of which is filled by YJ fans, hates it.

That bit about how it got you into TT? I hear that a lot as I've also heard multiple times that it was how people got into DC.

Mighty Member

Sounds like you understand why it is controversial. It's well-liked by the majority, but the minority, a good chunk of which is filled by YJ fans, hates it.

That bit about how it got you into TT? I hear that a lot as I've also heard multiple times that it was how people got into DC.
    I've only heard a very few people not liking it... made me wonder if there's more non-fans out there than I realized.

The Johns TT books were always available in the public libraries in my city. I wonder if that was the case in a lot of cities/countries, if so that would definitely help explain how it was so many people's gateway into DC.

I enjoy both .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I enjoy both .
    I know. Just as I remember that I'm partially to blame for you liking the 03 run.

Mighty Member

That Johns/McKone run is probably my favorite run on the Titans, next to the Devin Grayson stuff. Had no idea that it was hated. Then again, everything is hated on here so what the hell lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    That Johns/McKone run is probably my favorite run on the Titans, next to the Devin Grayson stuff. Had no idea that it was hated. Then again, everything is hated on here so what the hell lol.
    Hah, that's what I was trying to figure out, is it "message board hated" or actually hated in real life.

You mean better?

Oh, sorry, I understood that Johns' "transformations" were better than how they were in YJ lol

But yeah, I've always read how bad or how good that Johns' run was, I think is part of how people got into TT after the TV show, most of them started reading that run, I guess.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Hah, that's what I was trying to figure out, is it "message board hated" or actually hated in real life.
    Definitely message board hated, my friend. Heard nothing but praise from people from conventions down to my LCS.

Astonishing Member

Oh, sorry, I understood that Johns' "transformations" were better than how they were in YJ lol

But yeah, I've always read how bad or how good that Johns' run was, I think is part of how people got into TT after the TV show, most of them started reading that run, I guess.
    It's a matter of opinion whether they were better or worse. Tim, Kon, Bart and Cassie were all changed to be more "iconic", which means they were changed to more reflect either their mentors or their predecessors. Some people liked that. Other people preferred when those four were more distinct from the Bat, Super, Flash and Wonder families.

Personally, I prefer Young Justice. Why? Because it was funny. In often prefer the approaches to superhero comics that play up the inherent absurdity of it all.