Page 255 of 286 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 4285
    BANNED

Geoffs run was good in many ways,but it made kon bland,bland in personality,powers,and origin, but it was a well put together series.

Just wish Geoff wouldn't have gone so far with kon

BANNED

Flashpoint and the ruination of the Justice League history.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Geoffs run was good in many ways,but it made kon bland,bland in personality,powers,and origin, but it was a well put together series.

Just wish Geoff wouldn't have gone so far with kon
    I know I'm in the minority, but I'll take 'bland' over 'obnoxious' any day. Pre-Geoff I really really disliked both Bart and Kon. Just that teenage arrogance and obnoxious showboat attitude didn't appeal to me. I was ALWAYS a fan of Tim... but the early Impulse and Superboy appearances I hated.

Come Teen Titans and they were more grounded. More heroic. More team players and I loved those incarnations. I acknowledge they were vastly different characters... but I really thought they were improvements :P

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

DC should try publishing a monthly FLASH ongoing that costars Barry Allen and Wally West.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mighty Member

I think most DC fanbases are terrible. I never problems with Marvel fans. I've noticed that for years as a matter of fact.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I never have problems with Marvel fans. .
    I have no idea how that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    DC should try publishing a monthly FLASH ongoing that costars Barry Allen and Wally West.

I'd be fine with this at Williamson at the helm, but I'd kinda rather we just had dual Flash books led by both Barry and Wally .

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I think most DC fanbases are terrible. I never problems with Marvel fans. I've noticed that for years as a matter of fact.
    I wonder if that's a 'Legacy' issue? I've been reading for 30 years, and as far back as I can remember DC has had Legacy wars. Wally vs Barry, Hal vs. Kyle, Jason vs. Dick... and it's only gotten worse. With Marvel even if fans didn't agree on which writer was the best Spider-Man... everyone agreed they loved Spider-man.

Since the last couple of years with the Thor/Captain America/Spider-man etc all have had replacements or legacies now... the fan base over at marvel has gotten just as vicious as DC has ever been.

I can't believe one company has better fans than another company... especially when so many people read from BOTH companies. However one company has always made it a habit of splitting the fan base and turning them against each other...

Most of the post-Busiek JLA run is pretty lame and unremarkable. Actually most team books in the last 10 years or so had been pretty lame.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I have no idea how that's possible.
    Speaking from own experiences of course.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I'll take 'bland' over 'obnoxious' any day. Pre-Geoff I really really disliked both Bart and Kon. Just that teenage arrogance and obnoxious showboat attitude didn't appeal to me. I was ALWAYS a fan of Tim... but the early Impulse and Superboy appearances I hated.

Come Teen Titans and they were more grounded. More heroic. More team players and I loved those incarnations. I acknowledge they were vastly different characters... but I really thought they were improvements :P

For the ages they were protraying pre Geoff I thought they were way better,if they stayed that way yeah it would have become annoying,and yeah Geoff matured them,but he also took away that spark they had that made them fun.

Like I said I thought Geoff went a lil to far,yes mature them,make them more grounded,but don't strip them of their uniqueness.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be fine with this at Williamson at the helm, but I'd kinda rather we just had dual Flash books led by both Barry and Wally .
    My only concern with the dual title scenario is that they'll rarely be allowed to get together and team up. A "buddy-FLASH" book co-starring two peer speedsters is something never really tried before.

Retired

I realize that many were not even born, so they wouldn’t know, but pre 1990s I’d say there was harmony and heroes weren’t set against each other except for the sake of cover teasers where they fought each other, but it was a hoax, dream, mental manipulation or imaginary story.

The natural state of things was that they liked each other and worked together for a common goal. The power of the cover tease was that it showed an abnormal scene. It didn’t make sense, so you had to buy the comic to get the truth. And in the end the heroes shook hands and were friends.

The only upset was some friction between Ollie and Carter, for example, but you knew they really liked each other. Green Arrow was almost in tears when feather-face left the team.

Indeed, this harmony/disharmony was the defining difference between DC and Marvel. Marvel heroes never got along, DC heroes always did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I realize that many were not even born, so they wouldn’t know, but pre 1990s I’d say there was harmony and heroes weren’t set against each other except for the sake of cover teasers where they fought each other, but it was a hoax, dream, mental manipulation or imaginary story.

The natural state of things was that they liked each other and worked together for a common goal. The power of the cover tease was that it showed an abnormal scene. It didn’t make sense, so you had to buy the comic to get the truth. And in the end the heroes shook hands and were friends.

The only upset was some friction between Ollie and Carter, for example, but you knew they really liked each other. Green Arrow was almost in tears when feather-face left the team.

Indeed, this harmony/disharmony was the defining difference between DC and Marvel. Marvel heroes never got along, DC heroes always did.
    Even the Marvel heroes *mostly* got along until the latter part of the 80s. The bad blood only really got cooking in the 90s.

Last edited by Buried Alien; 04-27-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

I love the idea of heroes being friends. But i can get how some may not like each other. That's bound to happen. Not everyone is going to like one another.