Page 265 of 286 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4285

I've been hoping to see more connection between digital and print too. I mean, back when Vibe had his solo book I was really hoping to see a crossover between him and Batman 66.

There's *so* much you can do with that kind of cross-platform stuff. Yeah, print-only readers might not be willing to get the digital part of a crossover but you never know until you try, and digital stuff ends up in floppy format in the end anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Revisited Identity Crisis recently and to this day i still do not think it was as bad as people made it to be. It's on my top five favorites stories of all time. I have no shame in admitting that either.
    Identity Crisis would have been just fine if it had chosen other characters as it's central protaganists. It took DC's happy go lucky sitcom characters and positioned them as fodder in an en early 90's thriller plot so that's why it reads as off-key. Still I like that it took some risks and had good art so for me the earlier parts were enjoyable but by the time we got to the climax it was a bit meh.

Here are some others:
    - the main JL team needs to focus now on it's mystical component (which it may do so now with the No Justice team). If Zee is not available, have Raven or Dr. Fate on board (yes I know WW and Aquaman have mystical components but these are rarely focused)
    - Zatanna should wear a cape when she is with the League - I will always stan the Perez costume or a version of it

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I've been hoping to see more connection between digital and print too. I mean, back when Vibe had his solo book I was really hoping to see a crossover between him and Batman 66.

There's *so* much you can do with that kind of cross-platform stuff. Yeah, print-only readers might not be willing to get the digital part of a crossover but you never know until you try, and digital stuff ends up in floppy format in the end anyway.
    Yeah, and cross-promotion never hurts. I think it could circumvent a bit of production cost for traditionally low-selling titles by not putting out floppies on stuff you're not sure about but may have a vocal fanbase. I'm not sure how accurate that is since I don't have any insider information regarding cost, but it'd be a nice way to keep something alive. DC Ink, Zoom and Black Label shows that they're interested in reaching new audiences. While those may be print mediums, the industry needs to grow if it's going to last and that includes print and digital without one being slave to the other, regardless of how we dinosaurs feel about it.

Keeping in line with the title of the thread, I don't like Katar Hol. I've only ever found Carter Hall interesting and the only thing that I've ever cared for with respects to the silver age Hawkman was all the lovely work Joe Kubert did on him.

Stephanie Brown had the best Batgirl costume, though I could do without the thigh pouches.

DC needs to stop being afraid of the Spectre. Pretty much all the popular DC characters are overpowered beyond belief. That's part of the appeal.

Batman, who everyone seems to like "because he has no powers, he's human" needs to also fight street level threats. When was the last time he busted a purse snatcher or stopped a bank robbery? I'm not even saying make that the whole issue. Just have him actually help the little guy instead of punching poor and crazy people in the mouth with the fate of Gotham in the balance. There's a reason Night of the Stalker is still one of the best, most concise Batman stories ever told.

Not every character needs the trunks back (Aquaman, Hawkman), but Superman and Batman definitely look better with them than without.

A Super Sons animated series would be the best way to grab young new readers who aren't traditionally into comics and Jorge Jiminez's artstyle should be the basis for its look.

I just don't like the art style they chose for Young Justice, despite it being a solid show.

Green Arrow and Black Canary never looked better than when Neal Adams drew them and those are their best costumes, though the current ones in Rebirth are easily my second favorites for each.

Evan "Doc" Shaner's artstyle combines retro and modern sensibilities and I would be glad to have him pencil any character at DC.

I look forward to the incoming ire.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-10-2018 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    . . . Evan "Doc" Shaner's artstyle combines retro and modern sensibilities and I would be glad to have him pencil any character at DC . . .
    Even though you might be lucky if he were able to meet only a quarterly (four issues a year) deadline?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not sure how controversial these are, and I may have already posted them but:

Morrison's Action Comics run is considerably better than Byrne's reboot

Rucka's Year One and Morrison's Earth One are considerably better than Perez's "Gods and Mortals" for Wonder Woman. And Amazons aside (which are admittedly a big exception), a lot of Azzarello's run has grown on me and I consider it better than some parts of Perez's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Even though you might be lucky if he were able to meet only a quarterly (four issues a year) deadline?
    Give him a mini, a one shot, I don't care. Go for it.

Yeah, and cross-promotion never hurts. I think it could circumvent a bit of production cost for traditionally low-selling titles by not putting out floppies on stuff you're not sure about but may have a vocal fanbase. I'm not sure how accurate that is since I don't have any insider information regarding cost, but it'd be a nice way to keep something alive. DC Ink, Zoom and Black Label shows that they're interested in reaching new audiences. While those may be print mediums, the industry needs to grow if it's going to last and that includes print and digital without one being slave to the other, regardless of how we dinosaurs feel about it.

Keeping in line with the title of the thread, I don't like Katar Hol. I've only ever found Carter Hall interesting and the only thing that I've ever cared for with respects to the silver age Hawkman was all the lovely work Joe Kubert did on him.

Stephanie Brown had the best Batgirl costume, though I could do without the thigh pouches.

DC needs to stop being afraid of the Spectre. Pretty much all the popular DC characters are overpowered beyond belief. That's part of the appeal.

Batman, who everyone seems to like "because he has no powers, he's human" needs to also fight street level threats. When was the last time he busted a purse snatcher or stopped a bank robbery? I'm not even saying make that the whole issue. Just have him actually help the little guy instead of punching poor and crazy people in the mouth with the fate of Gotham in the balance. There's a reason Night of the Stalker is still one of the best, most concise Batman stories ever told.

Not every character needs the trunks back (Aquaman, Hawkman), but Superman and Batman definitely look better with them than without.

A Super Sons animated series would be the best way to grab young new readers who aren't traditionally into comics and Jorge Jiminez's artstyle should be the basis for its look.

I just don't like the art style they chose for Young Justice, despite it being a solid show.

Green Arrow and Black Canary never looked better than when Neal Adams drew them and those are their best costumes, though the current ones in Rebirth are easily my second favorites for each.

Evan "Doc" Shaner's artstyle combines retro and modern sensibilities and I would be glad to have him pencil any character at DC.

I look forward to the incoming ire.
    Speaking of this Steph is my favorite Batgirl but I think Cass had the best suit
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Shaner is highly underrated.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Speaking of this Steph is my favorite Batgirl but I think Cass had the best suit
    While I get that Cass's suit plays into her being a mute initially, and has some history with Helana Bertinelli, I still dislike the full leather/PVC mask. It just says "gimp mask" and I can't shake it. The rest is fine. If that opened up, I'd like it a lot more. As it is, I still prefer Steph's costume.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I really like Cass suit too, I just prefer Batgirl as a cutesy brand. So I guess that means Cass can be Black Bat with that suit and Batgirl of Burnside keeps her suit but it's not Barbara because she should be older and not cutesy.

While I get that Cass's suit plays into her being a mute initially, and has some history with Helana Bertinelli, I still dislike the full leather/PVC mask. It just says "gimp mask" and I can't shake it. .
    Gods damn it, I had never noticed that before. Now I'll never be able to unsee it!

Dude, you just ruined that costume for me!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I’ve never been interested in the Justice League or found them to be interesting. The Justice Society has always appealed to me more.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

While I get that Cass's suit plays into her being a mute initially, and has some history with Helana Bertinelli, I still dislike the full leather/PVC mask. It just says "gimp mask" and I can't shake it. The rest is fine. If that opened up, I'd like it a lot more. As it is, I still prefer Steph's costume.
    Compared to Black Mask's current mask it's positively normal .

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Gods damn it, I had never noticed that before. Now I'll never be able to unsee it!

Dude, you just ruined that costume for me!
    Me neither, its ruined for me too. How did I not notice that
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I really like Cass suit too, I just prefer Batgirl as a cutesy brand. So I guess that means Cass can be Black Bat with that suit and Batgirl of Burnside keeps her suit but it's not Barbara because she should be older and not cutesy.
    I love the Burnside suit as well, the color scheme and the boots are great. The only thing I don't like is that it makes her look 14. I get creeped out everytime her and Dick have a "moment"