Page 278 of 286 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4285
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

1)The New 52's version of Earth 2 would have been a lot better if Wildstorm characters & concepts were integrated more with JSA/golden age characters a direct opposite of the New 52.
    2) Grayson is the perfect example how the new 52 should have been
    3)New Age of Heroes: showing DC doesn't need Batman
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Boisterously Confused

Turning Dr. Fate into a sock-puppet for Nabu was not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Lois Lane, Selina Kyle, and Steve Trevor should have a six-issue action and adventure, mystery miniseries as the Truelove Triad at DC Comics.
    In which they all die?

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    In which they all die?

Sandy Hausler
    Someone seems bitter.

Anyway, Lobo makes everything better. JLA, No Justice, and even Injustice has been tolerable thanks to the Main Man's presence.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post

edit:
    And since I feel extra controversial today: I like them all and watched all of them multiple times!
    I'll always love MOS, idk what anyone says
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If you give Jason the appropriate resources, he'd be a far better batman than Bruce ever could be.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, this. He had Ollie and Carrie helping and all he did was have a good pace for about three pages, then have a heart attack and "die." Meanwhile, Clark spent the whole thing asking him as a friend to stand down and was recently nuked. Everything went Batman's way and Clark was simply trying to be an adult and resolve things without violence or Bruce putting himself in an early grave.

The whole fight, once you really look at it without fanboy bias, is an adult trying to reason with an unruly child, and I don't even like Superman in DKR.
    This. Superman had to be weakened with both a nuclear missile and kryptonite and Bruce barely kicked his ass. And even then only because he quit halfway through the fight. The only reason Bruce lived at all was because Superman didn't heat vision him from space. It was basically Superman letting Bruce blow off a little steam and then saying "feel better"? This was not a "victory" for Batman. It was Superman giving his bosses a show. People really misunderstood that fight.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

The DCU is the greatest comic book universe in the genre and contains the greatest characters in the genre.

The DCU works best when publishing books set on multiple Earths. This worked for decades until COIE mucked up continuity and created the need for multiple events to clean up the mess. DC has brought the Multiverse back multiple time, but continues to squander the full potential of the concept from a publishing and creative standpoint.

The current "problems" that Dan DiDio and Co. see with the DCU as it is now (two Wallys, the Super and Bat marriages, the JSA and LoSH) would best be solved by creating a new Earth-One that would essentially be "Ultimate DC," which is what the N52 should have been. Earth-Zero would then be more fully restored to its pre-Flashpoint status. Both Earths (as well as others) would get multiple titles and most, if not all, fans would be happy. No need to kill off beloved characters (Wally) or end beloved relationships like DiDio did with the N52.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    The DCU is the greatest comic book universe in the genre and contains the greatest characters in the genre.

The DCU works best when publishing books set on multiple Earths. This worked for decades until COIE mucked up continuity and created the need for multiple events to clean up the mess. DC has brought the Multiverse back multiple time, but continues to squander the full potential of the concept from a publishing and creative standpoint.

The current "problems" that Dan DiDio and Co. see with the DCU as it is now (two Wallys, the Super and Bat marriages, the JSA and LoSH) would best be solved by creating a new Earth-One that would essentially be "Ultimate DC," which is what the N52 should have been. Earth-Zero would then be more fully restored to its pre-Flashpoint status. Both Earths (as well as others) would get multiple titles and most, if not all, fans would be happy. No need to kill off beloved characters (Wally) or end beloved relationships like DiDio did with the N52.

That would be cool if they let certain characters travel through the multiverse,like kon-el went through hypertime.

DCU is about a big ass family type universe imo

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Cyborg will always be a member of the Teen Titans and rightfully should be a member of them first before joining the JL.

Harley Quinn is a murderer. And not in the Wolverine sense either. Her victims were innocent. She doesn't deserve the status of hero.
    Assassinate Putin!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Cyborg will always be a member of the Teen Titans and rightfully should be a member of them first before joining the JL.

Harley Quinn is a murderer. And not in the Wolverine sense either. Her victims were innocent. She doesn't deserve the status of hero.
    We agree. Fully.

BANNED

Fans are too worried about a multiverse. This universe is enormous. Let's just have some good stories here.

Retired

I don't understand what DC is thinking with Harley Quinn and other female super-villains. Trying to make them into good girls and sell them to little kids as DC Super Hero Girls is just bad.

Part of what made Harley a popular character was her mad, over the top, violent nature. And you can't really take that out of her without losing a vital element of her success. And it's simply irresponsible, if DC is at all concerned about its image, since little kids are savvy and can easily find lots of content about the evil, sick Harley Quinn. So those kids are going to be morally confused.

And reforming too many villains--especialy all the women--takes something away from the rogues. Many people point to the villains as being one of the best things about DC. But all these blurred lines and softened images would deflate the evil-doers and take away the threat to the super-heroes that they pose.

I'm not even sure reforming Catwoman is a good thing. If Poison Ivy, Talia and Harley are heroes, too--that takes away Batman's best female foes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

I posted here a while back that Cyborg would be a big gun in Titans but would get lost in the shuffle in Justice League, and several people didn't want to hear that. I don't understand their point of view.

RE Harley: There seems to be a movement at DC and Marvel to turn villains into heroes, or at least to move them into a gray area. I don't grasp that point of view either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't understand what DC is thinking with Harley Quinn and other female super-villains. Trying to make them into good girls and sell them to little kids as DC Super Hero Girls is just bad.

Part of what made Harley a popular character was her mad, over the top, violent nature. And you can't really take that out of her without losing a vital element of her success. And it's simply irresponsible, if DC is at all concerned about its image, since little kids are savvy and can easily find lots of content about the evil, sick Harley Quinn. So those kids are going to be morally confused.

And reforming too many villains--especialy all the women--takes something away from the rogues. Many people point to the villains as being one of the best things about DC. But all these blurred lines and softened images would deflate the evil-doers and take away the threat to the super-heroes that they pose.

I'm not even sure reforming Catwoman is a good thing. If Poison Ivy, Talia and Harley are heroes, too--that takes away Batman's best female foes.
    Virtue signaling about female characters is not fun its sexist but I'll say its interesting that this has become an issue when a lot of people begin to realize DC's female heroes are more or less derivatives of more popular male characters.
    DC's only popular female characters who aren't are villains so I get it
    nobody wants to watch black canary if she's being a sidekick to green arrow but Harley Quinn she's her own woman
    Supergirl
    Green Lantern
    Batwoman
    Hawkgirl

Its almost a joke