Page 280 of 286 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4285

I definitely like Orin with a beard, but it should be well trimmed and fairly short, like the YJ show or the Brave & The Bold.

The more ragged look is fine if we're doing a story like the one Sejic drew, where Arthur was living in squalor and hiding who he was. He was essentially homeless, so the scraggy beard worked. But when he's in something akin to his usual status quo and wearing the orange scales? Keep that beard civilized!

And speaking of beards, Superman looks infinitely better with one. A well trimmed and groomed one, of course.

Of course, I do have a bias here. My beard is a epic thing of beauty that stops passerby and makes them comment about how incredible (and well groomed!) it is.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I definitely like Orin with a beard, but it should be well trimmed and fairly short, like the YJ show or the Brave & The Bold.

The more ragged look is fine if we're doing a story like the one Sejic drew, where Arthur was living in squalor and hiding who he was. He was essentially homeless, so the scraggy beard worked. But when he's in something akin to his usual status quo and wearing the orange scales? Keep that beard civilized!

And speaking of beards, Superman looks infinitely better with one. A well trimmed and groomed one, of course.

Of course, I do have a bias here. My beard is a epic thing of beauty that stops passerby and makes them comment about how incredible (and well groomed!) it is.
    I'm slowly learning I'm really not much of a beard guy. No offense to you and your glorious mane, though .

No offense taken!

.....I assume its beard envy? lol

Kidding, of course!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Earth Two should always be the Golden Age World with Superman starting in ‘38

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Agreed, I liked his bearded look.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post

That would be fun to read

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    That would be fun to read
    Yeah, I'd love an imprint aging in real time with new characters in the here and now, along with some of the immortals (Superman, Wonder Woman, Dr. Fate, etc.) still around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, I'd love an imprint aging in real time with new characters in the here and now, along with some of the immortals (Superman, Wonder Woman, Dr. Fate, etc.) still around.

All those characters that are created and never used again could have a home on that earth also,spread them out between the 2 world's, then the complaints of making and throwing away characters will go away.

Post-crisis era was pretty bad and fans clinging to it is one of the biggest reasons why DC continuity and characters are such a mess.

Giving fanboy writers their favourite characters to write about is dumb idea.

Elseworld stories are where DC truly shine and excel in.

Art as important as writing. I dropped many comics because of bad art.

I donīt like Damian 666 appearance. Nothing against the bald people but I like his hairstyle and I donīt like see him bald as adult..

I prefer this Batman Beyond Damian than one bald Damian:

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian Wayne Damian Al Ghul [Adult]

Last edited by adrikito; 06-23-2018 at 07:14 AM.

Post crisis era isn't any worse than the era that came before or after it and was a lot more fixable.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Post crisis era isn't any worse than the era that came before or after it and was a lot more fixable.
    It's much worse than what came before it. The problems that resulted from Crisis didn't exist beforehand, there was nothing that needed fixing whereas post-Crisis is in constant need of adjustments. Just moving the universe into new creative directions without throwing out history would have been far preferable. DC becoming more concerned with a tight continuity resulted in all of their continuity problems.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Post-crisis era was pretty bad and fans clinging to it is one of the biggest reasons why DC continuity and characters are such a mess.
    It's much worse than what came before it. The problems that resulted from Crisis didn't exist beforehand, there was nothing that needed fixing whereas post-Crisis is in constant need of adjustments. Just moving the universe into new creative directions without throwing out history would have been far preferable. DC becoming more concerned with a tight continuity resulted in all of their continuity problems.
    IMO (as stated elsewhere in the threads), the best answer for DC in 1986 would have been "leave it alone," and the second best would have been "re-start completely from scratch (maybe plus 5-6 years)."

This, I agree with, but, you still have to have a foundation of on-goings to give the Elseworlds meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It didn't start having continuity until writers decided to bring back pre Crisis era stuff. The issue with DC has always been their refusal to commit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post

Giving fanboy writers their favourite characters to write about is dumb idea.

Art as important as writing. I dropped many comics because of bad art.
    Yeah considering art is a big part of comics they really should be really good and not super messy.