Page 286 of 286 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286
Results 4,276 to 4,285 of 4285

Joker definetly needs to dial back with his antics, is really getting out of hand and isn't making him any favors as a characther.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Joker definetly needs to dial back with his antics, is really getting out of hand and isn't making him any favors as a characther.
    Quoted for truth. It's just pushing the envelope with that character, all about how much 'shock factor' they can get with his antics. Just give him his own ongoing already, all about him murdering people. Hey, there's no more comic code! Why not, DC? You know it would be a top-seller.

Y'know, I just read the Rise and Fall of Captain Atom and...who the heck's idea was it to make Cap's new design all red?

Like, the whole book was about getting Nate into his classic status quo, more or less, so why didn't they just give him his old look back? I kept reading that book and wondering why Captain Atom kept looking like Major Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Quoted for truth. It's just pushing the envelope with that character, all about how much 'shock factor' they can get with his antics. Just give him his own ongoing already, all about him murdering people. Hey, there's no more comic code! Why not, DC? You know it would be a top-seller.
    Don't tempt them .

Boisterously Confused

Characterizing The Green Lantern corps as "space cops" is a terrible idea. It begs the question of by what right do The Guardians presume authority over us? To guard against interference with a society, or threats that endanger reality? Fine. But NYPD Green? Morally flawed.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Characterizing The Green Lantern corps as "space cops" is a terrible idea. It begs the question of by what right do The Guardians presume authority over us? To guard against interference with a society, or threats that endanger reality? Fine. But NYPD Green? Morally flawed.
    "Space cop" is the classic interpretation of what they do. The morally flawed aspect to it has come with modern interpretations, but ultimately who gives any superheroes the right to do what they do? The entire concept is vigilantism and inherently morally flawed. We just are on their side because, as fictional characters, we know they're always in the right and can see their thoughts. It's part of the conceit.

Of late, however, we've shown that the Guardians are not to be trusted so the Lanterns are torn as their enforcers. I prefer the space cops interpretation as opposed to the more militaristic force they've become, despite their branding as a corps.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Double post, sorry boys. Not sure why it did that.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-04-2018 at 02:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Not so long ago, HAL JORDAN and then JOHN STEWART were running the GLC! That was completely out of line.

But hey, look at all those other Corps...

Retired

On the theory that everything that goes around comes around, I keep waiting for the rules of the 1950s and 1960s to come back around. In those times, characters like the Joker were jesters who mocked the system, but they didn't need to kill to do that. And super-heroes worked with law enforcement agencies, both real and imagined.

Adding to what i say, writers need to find better ways to make a villain intimidating, without recurring to a massive body count that would make most serial killers blush, it really just make the heroes look bad.

There is a notion that rather large threads may contribute to server load. As such, we are experimenting with closing existing threads to see if it helps matters.
    Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules