Page 4 of 286 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    "Arcs" are not stories. Start telling stories, which are of a set length and have a beginning, a middle and an end.
    I agree with that one.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

The people who used to argue vehemently that Kyle should be the only Lantern and are now arguing just as vehemently that the emotional spectrum shouldn't be flushed need to learn some humility and be quiet.

BANNED

When you team a character who has powers with one who has no powers, the character with powers has to be a dumb-ass so that the one with no powers has something to do. Therefore, stop teaming Superman with Batman and Green Lantern with Green Arrow. Instead, team Batman with Green Arrow and Superman with Green Lantern.

Incredible Member

double post
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 09-19-2015 at 08:06 AM.

- Batman is a dull character
    - Lobdell's Superman was fun to read
    - Tim Drake is better with Wonder Girl than any girl he's been with
    - Tim Drake being the 'virginal' character is lame.
    - Johns' TT made Kid Flash, Wonder Girl and Superboy a lot duller compared to their YJ versions
    - Young Justice wasn't that great of a show
    - The same can be said of JLU and BTAS. Both haven't aged well.
    - Batman Beyond is better than BTAS
    - TKJ is kind of lame imo. I mean I get why it's great but I don't feel it
    - Wonder Woman's new origin is awesome
    - Grayson is the best thing that has happened to Dick Grayson since the late 90's
    - I don't care for the JSA and the Golden Age heroes. The only 4 characters that matter are Stargirl, Jesse Quick, Hawkman and Hawkgirl
    - I can't get into LoSH
    - Justice League should stick to 8-9 characters max. Teen Titans should stick to 7
    - Raven and Beast Boy shouldn't in TT. Their time is done.
    - Lois Lane would be a better character if she was away from Superman and was the big news writer of the DCverse
    - Superman Wonder Woman is the best thing that happened to Superman in this century
    - Clark and Cat Grant working together at the blog was the best idea for Superman in a very, very long time. Damn Johns.
    - Finchs' WW isn't bad at all. It is interesting to read
    - Lobdell's TT > the new TT. The one being written now.
    - Olicity has ruined Arrow - I guess most people agree to that
    - Killing off Tommy in Arrow was a major mistake
    - Joker is a boring villain since he's been used too much.
    - Wally West isn't a better Flash than Barry imo
    - I like all the GL's and I wish Simon was used more.
    - I don't don't like Harley Quinn, I just don't get her appeal. I have nothing against her though.
    - I can't get into Simone's writing. Nothing against her, I just can't get into it.
    - Batman needs a Silver St. Cloud, Julie Madison or a Vesper Fairchild to keep him interesting. I doubt Bruce and his ideals would let himself fall for Selina.
    - Dick Grayson's best romantic connection imo in recent times was Huntress, Sonia Zucco, and Jesse Quick

Eh that's all I can think of.

Incredible Member

The Justice League animated series was dull, cheesy, and too in love with itself for its reverence for the DC universe. Shining Knight and Vigilante are some of the lamest characters ever.

All the characters in Young Justice are insufferable. Their dialogue and their voice actors.

Under the Red Hood had some laughably terrible melodramatic dialogue and voice acting.

Justice League War is a ton of fun to watch.

Nightwing is a lame superhero moniker since it doesn't mean or evoke anything (to the public, who wouldn't know its Kryptonian origins). It just comes across as an attempt by the creators and the character to sound cool.

Grayson is a lame name for a great book. A last name....Wonderful.

Birds of Prey are lame, as are Simone's sensibilities.

Cyborg is cooler than Martian Manhunter.

Johns' GL run is overrated. Although it was entertaining with how much new stuff was introduced, the emotional spectrum is kinda cheesy and makes for some awkward storytelling. A handful of different colored corps on the page visually reminds me of Power Rangers or Captain Planet. For such a Hal fanboy, he didn't do much with the character.

Manu Bennet's Deathstroke was lame on Arrow. And John Diggle and Felicity Smoak are cheesy characters that hold the show back.

Superman The Movie has a terrible overall story despite its charming lead actor.

Ditto for Batman '89. Batman Forever is the most enjoyable movie of the Burton/Schumacher era.

Man of Steel's emotional tone and visual style felt more mature and passionate than what we've seen of Batman v Superman, which feels a tad generic and video-gamey.

The art direction of the Arkham games is ghastly.

Comic readers are way too passionate about hair color, specifically redheads, of which there are way too many of in comics.

Bizarro, Bat-Mite, Starfire, Section 8 all look and feel like they were made 15 years ago. DC needs to let go some of their older talent and replace them with younger creators with younger sensibilities.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 09-19-2015 at 08:17 AM.

BANNED

Comics fans are not too fickle. Just the opposite. They're too loyal. That's why the companies get away with feeding them so much cheese.

BANNED

A good writer knows that every character doesn't need to be a star, and that supporting characters are important.

BANNED

When a comics company kills a character with the intention of bringing him back, it's only because the company is too clueless to know what else to do, and the readers are too clueless to know how silly that is.

I think the real D C Universe is in Geoff Johns Justice League and every other comic is just telling an imaginary story featuring
    characters in the Justice League and around the D C Universe

I believe Justice League #50 will have big game changers and the whole D C line will be rebooted to reflect those changes and
    everything that happened in comics outside Justice League for the past year will be brushed under the rug and ignored.

BANNED

Fanboys who keep shouting for characters to be made more and more powerful don't know what they're talking about.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starsky_Hutch76 View Post
    The Crisis on Infinite Earths was completely unnecessary. All DC needed to do was put fresh talent on all their titles like they did with Swamp Thing.
    Multiple Earths being confusing was the excuse of lazy writers and editors.
    Exactly. The individual character of each earth mattered and were incredibly awesome backdrops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    When you team a character who has powers with one who has no powers, the character with powers has to be a dumb-ass so that the one with no powers has something to do. Therefore, stop teaming Superman with Batman and Green Lantern with Green Arrow. Instead, team Batman with Green Arrow and Superman with Green Lantern.
    ...I'm actually all for those team-ups.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    Man of Steel's emotional tone and visual style felt more mature and passionate than what we've seen of Batman v Superman, which feels a tad generic and video-gamey.
    Yeah, I'll actually agree with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    Bizarro, Bat-Mite, Starfire, Section 8 all look and feel like they were made 15 years ago. DC needs to let go some of their older talent and replace them with younger creators with younger sensibilities.
    Some of these I get but Section 8 is literally a limited mini-series designed as a spin-off to an older book from 15 years ago, and Garth Ennis is a better writer than 90% of the younger writers right now in comics.

Spectacular Member

I liked Man of Steel

Season 1 of Arrow was the only one that really worked for me, which makes me worried I won't like future seasons of the The Flash

Catwoman should have about as much to do with Batman as Constantine does with Swamp Thing.

I kinda like Constantine and Zatana as a couple.

I really hated the Paul Dini scripted Zatana series.

I wish people reacted to Selina being retconned as a mob princess with the venom that greeted Diana being retconned as the daughter of Zeus.

I don't like Paradise Island as a Utopia. I find the idea of separatist societies as perfect kind of appalling and if Azzarello feels similar I applaud him for changing it.

People who say Wonder Woman isn't hard to get right are deluding themselves, most evident in the number of interpretations they consider some how wrong.

Batman shouldn't be taken as a success way of addressing crime.

Williams and Blackman had squandered most of my good will over their Batwoman run.
    I'm currently Re-Reading Stranger's in Paradise. Please join me.