Page 5 of 286 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

-Pfieffer's Teen Titans run is the dullest and least interesting version of that title to date.

-In their attempts to get away from previous portrayals of the characters the new directions for both Batgirl and Starfire went entirely to far in the opposite direction IMHO.

-I like Earth 2: Society even with it's flaws.

-Grayson is the best thing to happen to Dick Grayson since his time as Batman

-Raven and Beast Boy should have moved on from being involved with TT years ago. It's long overdue.

-The problem with the N52 Teen Titans isn't their lost history but being given to mediocre writers who can't think of anything original to do with them. Until that changes nothing good will come of the book even if they restore that history.

-Restoring Teen Titans history isn't going to magically make the current run any better.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 09-19-2015 at 10:03 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

- Batman should be the leader of the Justice League, not because he deserves it more than Supes, Wonder Woman or Aquaman, but because it is the best way to justify him being a member since he has no powers.
    - Agent Grayson is way more interesting than Nightwing, DickBats or Robin.
    -Oliver needs a Goatee back
    - I find Lex Luthor slightly more interesting than the Joker (and I love Joker!)
    - I like Cyborg as a founding member of the Justice League
    - I'm glad the '' underwear outside pants '' look was retconned out.
    - RoboBatBunny needs to end yesterday. I hate amnesia stories.
    - Guy Gardner is the most interesting GL,
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 09-19-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    I liked Man of Steel

Season 1 of Arrow was the only one that really worked for me, which makes me worried I won't like future seasons of the The Flash

Catwoman should have about as much to do with Batman as Constantine does with Swamp Thing.

I kinda like Constantine and Zatana as a couple.

I really hated the Paul Dini scripted Zatana series.

I wish people reacted to Selina being retconned as a mob princess with the venom that greeted Diana being retconned as the daughter of Zeus.

I don't like Paradise Island as a Utopia. I find the idea of separatist societies as perfect kind of appalling and if Azzarello feels similar I applaud him for changing it.

People who say Wonder Woman isn't hard to get right are deluding themselves, most evident in the number of interpretations they consider some how wrong.

Batman shouldn't be taken as a success way of addressing crime.

Williams and Blackman had squandered most of my good will over their Batwoman run.
    She really is no harder than any other character if you know what you're doing. Batman has endured not because he's inherently easier but because he gets the privilege of editors and writers who care about him (some times a little too much).

Also, Themyscira hasn't been a Utopia in decades and Azz's way isn't the only way to write it.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

1. Fans are to blame for the waive of replacement characters because for the most part they don't support new characters(even good well written ones) making replacement characters the only option for creators who want more diversity in comics.

2. Business man Luthor is a far more formidable opponent then mad scientist Luthor

3. Batman's popularity is due to his villians. The other Heroes are less popular because their rogue's galleries are mediocre at best if not terrible.

4. The idea of one Lantern per sector is a stupid idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    1. Fans are to blame for the waive of replacement characters because for the most part they don't support new characters(even good well written ones) making replacement characters the only option for creators who want more diversity in comics.

2. Business man Luthor is a far more formidable opponent then mad scientist Luthor

3. Batman's popularity is due to his villians. The other Heroes are less popular because their rogue's galleries are mediocre at best if not terrible.

4. The idea of one Lantern per sector is a stupid idea.
    Batman is a drag. His villains carry him. And there shouldn't even be any space sectors. There should be as many Green Lanterns as there need to be. (And no other colored Lanterns.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    - Batman should be the leader of the Justice League, not because he deserves it more than Supes, Wonder Woman or Aquaman, but because it is the best way to justify him being a member since he has no powers.
    - Agent Grayson is way more interesting than Nightwing, DickBats or Robin.
    -Oliver needs a Goatee back
    - I find Lex Luthor slightly more interesting than the Joker (and I love Joker!)
    - I like Cyborg as a founding member of the Justice League
    - I'm glad the '' underwear outside pants '' look was retconned out.
    - RoboBatBunny needs to end yesterday. I hate amnesia stories.
    - Guy Gardner is the most interesting GL,
    Yes, maybe the JLA should meet at a facility that Bruce Wayne owns and he should preside over the meetings. But I'd keep him pretty much out of the action.

And yes, Guy is the most interesting Lantern, but he could be written much better.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Batman is a drag. His villains carry him. And there shouldn't even be any space sectors. There should be as many Green Lanterns as there need to be. (And no other colored Lanterns.)
    The roots of the multi color corps concept actually predate John's run. You had Sinestro and the Star Sapphires, so expanding that core idea to show that their are other corps isn't a far fetched idea. I do think they should diversify what the different color rings are capable of doing. As is , they all do essentially the same thing only with different colors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    The roots of the multi color corps concept actually predate John's run. You had Sinestro and the Star Sapphires, so expanding that core idea to show that their are other corps isn't a far fetched idea. I do think they should diversify what the different color rings are capable of doing. As is , they all do essentially the same thing only with different colors.
    Get rid of the yellow rings too. Have Sinestro steal a green one. Problem solved. As in my reboot issue, right here.

http://glitb.blogspot.com/

- I find MAJORITY of these "controversial" opinions pretty ridiculous (my OWN as well) , its just comics..

- Glad DC never did anything like the Ultimate line, which to me read a lot like fanfic..

- Some nights i wake up in a cold sweat mid whine, from a nostalgic dream about what the old DCU could have been with a little tlc if not for the new 52.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AUScowboy View Post
    - I find MAJORITY of these "controversial" opinions pretty ridiculous (my OWN as well) , its just comics..

- Glad DC never did anything like the Ultimate line, which to me read a lot like fanfic..

- Some nights i wake up in a cold sweat mid whine, from a nostalgic dream about what the old DCU could have been with a little tlc if not for the new 52.
    It's "just comics" when it's what other people want, but you wake up in a cold sweat when it's what you want? Well, I think we're all kinda like that.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    i dont think i've heard anyone say is actually good. I do agree with you tho.

Ok, mine:

- I hate George Perez art... those haircuts man lol... It may have something to do with my hate of looks of the 80s.
    - CoIE is one of my least favorite comic books of all time. I tried to re-read it not long ago. I think i managed to read 8 pages. The destruction of Earth-3 was just lame. Worst characterization ever.
    - I don't like pretty much anything made by Jack Kirby. The New Gods and Kamandi are extremely lame.
    - I actually like the New 52 a lot.
    - I think Scott Snyder's Batman is boring and lame. Too much text about Gotham City and the Joker being the ultimate villain doesnt appeal to me.
    - I think the Finches's WW is fun and respectful of what Azz did, which is the only WW i ever cared for. Before that, the character was horrendously boring.
    - Keith Giffen's humor is the least funny thing i've ever read.
    - Felicity Smoak (from Arrow) and this whole "Olicity" thing SUCK.
    - The Flash TV show is not very good.
    You....certainly have opinions, don't you.

This thread makes me feel really mainstream.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 09-19-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    Cyclops was right

- Green Arrow and The Flash are rather overrated. As far as television shows go, the acting is mediocre, the writing stumbles into old CW cliches too often, and too many episodes come off as filler. Arrow really just paved the way for superhero shows by being better-produced and less cringe-worthy than Smallville.

- The Earth One books are mediocre as a whole, and are only considered "essentials" because DC is trying to sell them to bookstores.

- Solo Batman stories in this day and age are unappealing without a big name writer attached to them.

- People whine way too much about temporary deaths, status quo changes, replacements, etc, because it ultimately allows for experimentation. Those same complainers who loved Dick Grayson as Batman need to realize that if it weren't for "temporary death", Dick would have never been given the cowl in the first place.

- "Better than [universally hated work]" needs to stop being used as a compliment. I see this used most often to defend Scott Lobdell's Red Hood and the Outlaws and Will Pfeiffer's Teen Titans. It doesn't matter if they're better than "absolutely terrible" if they're still bad compared to most other books at the time.

- Grant Morrison's take on Jason Todd as a vigilante who has vaulted over the line is far more interesting than nearly everything else the character has appeared ever since Under the Hood.

- Defenders of DKSA and ASBAR need to stop playing the "haters just don't get it" card. No, some people get they attempt to deconstruct the DC Universe, they just find the execution to be juvenile and cringeworthy. ASBAR fares slightly better due to Jim Lee's artwork capturing the tongue-in-cheek cynicism of the book

- Having multiple Green Lanterns with multiple books is a great idea in theory. However, DC needs to be more creative than simply giving the non-Hal Jordan GLs mediocre writers who write them as "Green Lantern lite".

- Comic fans who care more about a certain character being written to match their headcanon than they do about good stories are holding back the industry.

- There are too many veteran writers at DC who are out of touch with modern writing sensibilities. DC needs to double down on unearthing and holding onto rising talent, instead of relying on mediocre vets to hit deadlines.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    - Green Arrow and The Flash are rather overrated. As far as television shows go, the acting is mediocre, the writing stumbles into old CW cliches too often, and too many episodes come off as filler. Arrow really just paved the way for superhero shows by being better-produced and less cringe-worthy than Smallville.

- The Earth One books are mediocre as a whole, and are only considered "essentials" because DC is trying to sell them to bookstores.

- Solo Batman stories in this day and age are unappealing without a big name writer attached to them.

- People whine way too much about temporary deaths, status quo changes, replacements, etc, because it ultimately allows for experimentation. Those same complainers who loved Dick Grayson as Batman need to realize that if it weren't for "temporary death", Dick would have never been given the cowl in the first place.

- "Better than [universally hated work]" needs to stop being used as a compliment. I see this used most often to defend Scott Lobdell's Red Hood and the Outlaws and Will Pfeiffer's Teen Titans. It doesn't matter if they're better than "absolutely terrible" if they're still bad compared to most other books at the time.

- Grant Morrison's take on Jason Todd as a vigilante who has vaulted over the line is far more interesting than nearly everything else the character has appeared ever since Under the Hood.

- Defenders of DKSA and ASBAR need to stop playing the "haters just don't get it" card. No, some people get they attempt to deconstruct the DC Universe, they just find the execution to be juvenile and cringeworthy. ASBAR fares slightly better due to Jim Lee's artwork capturing the tongue-in-cheek cynicism of the book

- Having multiple Green Lanterns with multiple books is a great idea in theory. However, DC needs to be more creative than simply giving the non-Hal Jordan GLs mediocre writers who write them as "Green Lantern lite".

- Comic fans who care more about a certain character being written to match their headcanon than they do about good stories are holding back the industry.

- There are too many veteran writers at DC who are out of touch with modern writing sensibilities. DC needs to double down on unearthing and holding onto rising talent, instead of relying on mediocre vets to hit deadlines.
    Tbf, temporary death is also why Dick wasn't allowed to keep the cowl.

BANNED

Too much fan talk is along the lines of, "If only so-and-so wrote this concept, it would be good." They don't get it that if a concept requires a particular writer, the concept is not viable.

The fact that Bruce could be recalled at any time as a safety net was the reason why DC was willing to take a risk with Dickbats in the first place. DC would have never kept Bruce dead for the long run, not unless all WB media suddenly decided to feature Dickbats in the movies, shows, games, etc.