Page 8 of 286 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Mine:
    Grant Morrison is overrated
    That DC is diluting their characters with so many copies.
    That the stuff they produced in the early 80's was so much more entertaining than anything being produced today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    DC is diluting their characters with so many copies.
    Not many people like to admit that, but I agree, and that's been going on for DECADES at DC. Almost every main hero seems to have a "family" with TONS of knockoffs/legacy characters. It's boring, uncreative, and redundant. It's actually one of the things that turned me off from DC's comics when I was young and first getting into comics and made me a Marvel Zombie for years...until Marvel started doing the same d*mn thing.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 09-20-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    When you team a character who has powers with one who has no powers, the character with powers has to be a dumb-ass so that the one with no powers has something to do. Therefore, stop teaming Superman with Batman and Green Lantern with Green Arrow. Instead, team Batman with Green Arrow and Superman with Green Lantern.
    AMEN!!!!!! I have ALWAYS thought this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Grant Morrison is overrated.
    The only thing Grant Morrison has ever written that I've liked is his JLA run from the 90's.

Many readers would be ecstatic if all the PoC characters (whether heroes or supporting characters) could be put on an island that was out of phase with the rest of the world and only showed up once every ten years. They take any non-heterosexual white male characters as proof that the companies are secretly trying to exterminate the white male hero.

- Superman killing Zod in MoS doesn't bother me.
    - Wonder Woman's new origin doesn't bother me.
    - Morrison's Action Comics was one of the best Superman runs in a long time.
    - I like Tony Daniels' Dollmaker & Family designs (the actual story arc, not so much)
    - Michael Keaton > Christian Bale.
    - I like Harley Quinn better as a villain/Joker companion.
    - Damien Wayne/Batman Inc should have wrapped before the new52 and left out of current continuity.
    - Even though I'm enjoying Grayson, Nightwing should get the big dog treatment. He should be in that next level right behind Supes/Bats/WW.
    - They should have never put an actual number of years on the new52 timeline. Saying this was exactly 5 years ago or this character is this exact age just hinders things.
    - Crossovers should be traditional, organized crossovers. Not all these extra tie-in issues that may or may not have any effect on the story. This is part 1, this is part 2, this is part 3, and back round again to part 4 etc.

BANNED

Remembered a new one:

-Re-skinning: By that I mean stuff like Wally West of the New 52. It just sucks when you take an existing character and then assign them another color. If you really want a hero/villain with those powers, just make a new one. And if you (as the writer) is going to excuse the change with: "Well, no one cares about new characters and we need diversity." Then you suck Mr. Writer and you just put on display that you don't think you can make people care about new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    May I ask what you mean by the bolded? What are "Constantine and Loki types"?
    Characters who's main personality trait is being a lying and backstabbing bastard that everyone knows has these traits, but still someone manages to drag along a bunch of other people who should be wiser and somehow managed to steal the show.

The examples of this:
    -John Constantine vs the JLD: You had pretty much six or seven people who would line up and tell you over and over how little they liked or trusted John, but in the end they were still following him and he was usually the one that came out on top.
    -John Constantine vs Injustice: Year Three was announced as 'the year of magic'... but it ended up more like a showcase of John being smarter/luckier than any other human or demon on Earth, leading to several of Superman's pals being incarcerated for the entire year, a lot of other magic users ending up dead and in the end John just ups and leaves once he got what he wanted.
    -Loki, mostly in the movies, but look at him; You have Anthony Hopkins as Odin shouting at Thor, a long line of people who want to shout at how little they trust him, even the Avengers... and somehow Hiddleston's prancing pony manages to steal all the movies he's in.

BANNED

Damian is the best modern robin and most of his haters are tim drake's butthurt fans.

Jon stewart is boring and can't sustain an ongoing to save his life and will never be the main franchise character as much as his fans wish to be.

Quote Originally Posted by thales View Post
    Many readers would be ecstatic if all the PoC characters (whether heroes or supporting characters) could be put on an island that was out of phase with the rest of the world and only showed up once every ten years. They take any non-heterosexual white male characters as proof that the companies are secretly trying to exterminate the white male hero.
    Finally something controversial and I agree, also the flash and arrow are awful TV shows and after watching super girl I'm convinced DC can't put a good TV show together. This is probably why they keep the TV and movies separate.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Damian is the best modern robin and most of his haters are tim drake's butthurt fans.

Jon stewart is boring and can't sustain an ongoing to save his life and will never be the main franchise character as much as his fans wish to be.
    Tim Drake fan here. And I think he and Damian are/were better Robins than both Dick and Jason.

Also, all the human Green Lanterns are boring. The concept is more interesting to me than the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If it helps, "BvS" is a sequel to "Man of Steel"- it clearly picks up from where "MoS" left off - but films have actually been avoiding using numbers for sequels these days.
    Yeah I know but just didn't want super team-up the movie just yet.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Reclining_Reader View Post
    Tim Drake fan here. And I think he and Damian are/were better Robins than both Dick and Jason.
    Dick and Damian fan here . I agree that Tim and Damian are better Robins than Dick and Jason but mainly because of the time era they were written.

My Opinions
    Jason Todd was better as a villain.
    Batman. The Dark Knight Returns is overrated.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Lex Luthor is right about Superman, and nobody will ever listen because he always does unrepentantly evil things while hunting Supes.
    Similar to how some terrorists have very valid reasons to hate America, but nobody will listen because they are d!@#heads who slaughter civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Star Wars is boring and incredibly overrated.
    YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH! If I was close enough to force choke you, I would!

But seriously.............. don't say that.

1) Superman should have never gotten more powers and kept his First-Origin where Krypton was just an Advanced human race through science and did not have crazy powers or acted as solar batteries. I feel his popularity would be up there with Batman is right now if they kept it that way because it was something you can imagine the human race may reach but they was he is now is alien and god-like which makes Lex Luthor's complaints legitimate but he messes it up as as if he is a maniac.
    2) Dick Grayson has not had a dedicated series of him as Robin and only short retelling so comparing him to the other Robins does not work because he was Robin from 1940 to 1985 which was a different era while all the other Robins were introduced over the span of 20 years which makes them much more closer in era's to compare. None of the other Robins had to go through the Comics Code Authority Era. Batman started out as just a master scientist who trained himself to peak physical condition and mastered boxing and Judo. His Origin has been tweaked to the modern day where he is now a Super-Polymath, Master of 127 martial arts, and the Batcave is significantly more expansive then it was originally. Dick Grayson should get a book that updates his origin and gives him a run as Batman's Partner.
    3) DC comics should revive the Justice Society and stop with this sham of a Earth 2
    4) Zatanna should get a solo book, Lois Lane should too, along with Alfred Pennyworth as the Grey Ghost.