Page 9 of 286 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

I prefer the old WW origin or at least a similar spin on it. The new one should have been an au.

I think dc is terrible at marketing. Like supergirl should have had a book coming out in October or November. Half their DC you books should have gotten a better push. They should hire a pr person for books that aren't their normal dark and gritty style.

I think DC is way way too nostalgic. Even in the new minis they are doing soon they are hiring older writers instead of fresh new ones.

Teen titans is terrible. It should have been batgirled.

DC handled the new powergirl terribly. She had potential and they've wasted it.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

The New 52 version of Vibe was awesome, and it's a crime the comic book character is in limbo while Cisco is getting attention on a live action TV show

There really needs to be a version of Longshadow (homage to Apache Chief) in the new DC Universe. The attempts at diversity on the old Superfriends cartoon were pretty cringe worthy, but they can be revamped (McDuffie proved that with Ultimen) and its a waste not to use them when folks are wanting characters 'of color' that don't just take up mantles left over from white superheroes

Not only is the Emotional Spectrum awesome, the Blue Lanterns need a rebirth and their own mini series
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Lots of things here I agree with...how controversial are we supposed to be?

I think Batman is at his best when he's, as someone else said, godfather-ing the rest of the Bat Clan and Batman Inc. And he's still the least interesting character (other than some of the random Inc members). Totally agree with whoever said this first.

Making Superman a "regular" guy who just so happened to be a superpowered alien was the worst thing that has ever been done to him. Putting his power levels on par with the other heavyweights like J'onn, Shazam, and Wonder Woman (a solid de-powering) was the second worst thing that has ever been done to him. Both moves hamstrung the character and forced him to be "Generic Superhero Guy" rather than Superman. He still hasn't recovered, and wont while WB/DC's leadership remains the same.

I dont care that the new Wally West is black. And I dont care that in his first few appearances he was acting like a punk kid. That didn't last long at all but people (many of whom dont even read the book) cant let it go. What bothers me about Wally is that he wasn't allowed to keep a semblance of his history. Everyone else got to retain shades of their history, why not Wally? I think people are so over-sensitive these days, about everything, we're angry at the wrong things.

The Wolfman Titans era was great, but all of us, including DC, need to let it go and allow the franchise to move on and forget it ever happened.

Toyman was better as a child killer. Dr. Light was better as a mindwiped rapist. Black Adam is an infinitely better and more interesting character than Billy Batson.

Hal Jordan is the least interesting character DC has.
    About the bolded. If that's true, why has "Truth" been so well received then?

BANNED

Adam West's Batman > Frank Miller's Batman.

I said when it was announced that Earth 2 was a bad idea, and I've been proved right. JSA should have been unhooked from WW2 and brought to the present day as young characters. If they couldn't figure out how to do that and make it work, then shame on them.

The default mode should be to power characters down, not to power them up. Superman should be the only character who is out there with powers.

The Silver Surfer should be powered down a bit and put in The Avengers. (Not DC-related. but hey.)

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Damian is the best modern robin and most of his haters are tim drake's butthurt fans.

Jon stewart is boring and can't sustain an ongoing to save his life and will never be the main franchise character as much as his fans wish to be.
    Ayyyyye I agree with this.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    About the bolded. If that's true, why has "Truth" been so well received then?
    Damn good writing my friend.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

A few others:

- Superman doesn't need to be the first superhero in-universe.
    - Who is relatable is entirely subjective.
    - The Death of Superman was a bad story for Superman. But it was an even worse one for the other heroes who were to look like weaklings to sell Doomsday as a threat and make Superman look better.
    - Garth Ennis raises some good points about superheroes but his writing of them is problematic in it's own way and is not above reproach.

DC comics is doing okay as a whole , TV , movies for 2016,Teen Titans Go , people walking around with DC gear. They cool. Add some good comics, kick back and enjoy .
    Last edited by blackbolt396; 09-20-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Power Girl shouldn't be the poster child for bad portrayals of female characters. I understand why people would be offended by her look, but there are worse costumes out there.

Wonder Woman being Zeus's daughter isn't necessarily a bad thing, she's still essentially the same, it would be weird if Azzarello made her a daddy's girl.

They'res never going to be a fourth world movie because too many people would assume dc is ripping off star wars.

I think you should be able to say you don't like something without being automatically labeled a racist or a sexist. I'm not saying that there is no racism or sexism among fandom, cause there's a lot of it, but sometimes, a persons taste doesn't line up.
    I think the costume isn't too bad, but the tendency for artists to draw her with breasts larger than her head and writers to make jokes revolving around her figure don't do her much favors.

BANNED

The Tim/Cassie/Kon generation of characters drive me up a wall.

I've never been able to get into the New Gods (until Darkseid War)

I've never been able to get into Legion of Super-Heroes (though I want very badly to and I find a lot to like there)

I find Etrigan's rhyming tedious and I am disappointed when he shows up in a favorite book.

Though I loved the first 10 or 20 issues of JLI (in large part due to Kevin Maguire being incredible) I find the bwah-ha-ha JLI unbelievably irritating.

I feel the same way about Guy Garder, Lobo, and G'Nort. And though Blackest Night and Brightest Day were among my favorite company crossovers ever I find most things about the Yellow, Red, and Orange Lanterns (as well as Gardner and Kyle Rayner) to be so dull -- in combination with the great disappointment of the movie -- as to have lost interest in GL as a character and concept entirely.

I think those are all probably pretty controversial opinions. Certainly most people disagree with most of them.

Why is Bart not included,He has gotten the worst of it after the reboot(DC!!!!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post

Not only is the Emotional Spectrum awesome, the Blue Lanterns need a rebirth and their own mini series
    Yes, yes, yes, I agree with this SO much. (To the point I actually said it out loud lol) I love the spectrum and okay, it looks a bit power-rangery when you've got one of each but - who cares. It's amazing. I'd love a Blue Lantern series, mini or ongoing. Though by 'rebirth' I'd prefer a resurrection, because Warth and Sercy.

Agreeing with:

Batfamily being more interesting than Batman - I don't read any solo Batman books.

Green Lantern movie wasn't horrible - I actually really liked it. Still do and sad it won't get a sequel.

The Joker being done to death.

Mine - I think the current Omega Men comic is awful and Kyle's characterisation is horrible and OOC.

DC's 'irreversible' plot lines are empty, annoying, hype.

Excuse me while I go find something to hide under.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I don't know if these are "controversial" or not, but:

Even after 3 months worth of comic releases, I'm still not liking Tim Drake replacing Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond and Jim Gordon being a buff mustache-less mohawked robo-Batman.

I hope the current run of Batgirl with Cameron Stewart, Brenden Fletcher and Babs Tarr runs for as long as Gail Simone's run that started with the New 52 relaunch.

Gotham Academy is the best thing to come out of the New 52.
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 09-20-2015 at 09:36 AM.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Why is Bart not included,He has gotten the worst of it after the reboot(DC!!!!!).
    Good catch. Bart, in each of his incarnations, has been more irritating to me (especially during Young Justice cartoon) than any of his contemporaries.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I want to see the pre-New 52 versions of Superman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, and Renee Montoya as The Question completely replace the current New 52 versions of the characters in a few years.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa