Default SuperBoy-Prime Questions

First Time I read About this character was Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds . And I liked how he was sort of a sympathetic Super Villain .I'm not interested in him because I think he's unbeatable , He's been beaten, and he's no Dark Seid , but He does have that Devil may Care Attitude that I find to be lacking in comics. So I wanted to get some questions about Superboy-Prime. What other Arcs has he been used? Is he being used now? '

Is Superboy-Prime connected to regular Superboy? Whats the difference between the Superboy in Black Shirt and Jeans / Superboy in Leather Jacket / Superboy in Black and Red Suit? Are they all Connected? If I wanted to Just read regular Superboy, does he have an ongoing? Main reason being with all the questions is , I'm new too the character , and most DC characters. But When I read Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds it ended in this strange breaking the 4th wall way where He's in his room at his parents house, reading the comic he was just in, and I found that weird. Kind of an open ended , ending in which I would like to see him return to the regular universe and wreak havoc again.

Prime had a brief introduction before being featured in Crisis on Infinite Earths. He isn't seen again until the sequel, Infinite Crisis. He then shows up during the Sinestro Corps War. After that is what you read, Legion of Three Worlds. Its followed by a few issues of Adventure Comics that crossover with Blackest Night. I believe his final appearance was in the last arc of Teen Titans before the reboot. He has not been re-introduced since.

The Superboy introduced during Death of Superman until the reboot are all the same character, Conner Kent, or Kon-El. He was repurposed for the New 52 in a very different way, and his ongoing title was canceled quite some time ago.

The sole connection between the two is the name. They first come to blows in Infinite Crisis and continue to fued until the reboot. Prime is named such because he is from "our" Earth, or Earth Prime. This might explain his 4th Wall breaking. He has also been utilized as a satirical critique of self-entitled, bitchy fanboys.
    Last edited by MykeHavoc; 09-18-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

SBP has a grudge against Superboy (Connor). Prime wants Connor's life, and feels that Connor isn't Superboy.

They've fought 4x. Twice in Infinite Crisis, once in Legion of 3 Worlds and lastly in TT Prime of Life; before the New 52 reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Prime is named such because he is from "our" Earth, or Earth Prime. This might explain his 4th Wall breaking. He has also been utilized as a satirical critique of self-entitled, bitchy fanboys.
    Thats Funny so hes like Deadpool. j/k

Any chance Prime comes back anytime soon?

Its so confusing being if Conner Kent has been the same person, It seems like his transformations are totally different from the other, almost as if they dont know what to do with him.

They really had a chance to make him the most badass villain ever...

But like usual....DC slips up.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    They really had a chance to make him the most badass villain ever...

But like usual....DC slips up.
    Thats what I though, I thought , that Prime could probably be a central point of a potential mega event. Because theres only so many times you can use Dark Seid or Luther.