Super Moderator

Default "Batman/TMNT," "Totally Awesome Hulk" & More in CBR's Buzzworthy Books of December

"Star Wars" will be in theaters, "Secret Wars" will be at its end, and plenty of other comic book surprises arrive this December.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

That Harley Quinn cover... Yay, crossovers!

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'm only interested in two new comic series releasing this December: Batman/TMNT and New Romancer.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Robin War is about it for me.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Spectacular Member

I wonder when Marvel will reveal the new cover art for Secret Wars #8 since the cover got shifted to issue #9. I still like how Ross snuck Superman's foot in there. I gather from the cover to Robin War that there's going to be a battle in the aviary, robins vs owls?

Marvel's longest-running mutant book gets in on the relaunch action, and this time it will star some of the baddest mutants in the Marvel Universe.
    Marvel doesn't have a longest running anything any more.

Uncanny X-Men is sadly (sad for continuity reasons), not the inheritor of the X-Men main trunk. That book is Extraordinary X-Men. Recall when this happened previously when All-New X-Men was announced. Soon after, Uncanny X-Men was announced and proclaimed that it was the flagship. No such solicitation copy exists with that wordage this time. Uncanny X-Men is no longer the main book. Marvel is trying to confuse readers into buying two books, thinking both are the main book, when in reality only one of them is.

No way they would give the main X-Men book to professional comic book mercenary and sweat shop Cullen Bunn. He writes so many series concurrently, that I have to imagine he isn't a person, but an office full of writers. But seriously though, his profile is basically non-existent. He just had a bunch of his books cancelled at DC for low sales. Uncanny X-Men is just a continuation of his Magneto run as a team book and slapped with the unused Uncanny X-Men name in order to avoid a quick cancellation death.
    Last edited by randomengine; 09-20-2015 at 05:52 AM.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

I love how the finale to Secret Wars isn't going to be released until TWO MONTHS after the post-Secret Wars books start up again.

Marvel is a freakin' mess.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Looking forward to the Batman/TMNT crossover. May check out Robin War as well.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!